Chapter 7

Last Chance

Shinwoo’s point of view

 

"So about earlier…" I started but I saw Mi Nyu flinch.

 

I can’t force her to tell me…

 

She’s not ready to tell me yet…

 

She’ll tell me when she’s ready.

 

"You can tell me when you’re ready okay?"

 

She simply nodded. She’s barely said anything…I miss her voice already…

 

"Well how about we go see the movie first? Since it’s not late enough for dinner." I said trying to cheer her up with my smile. Didn’t work. Mi Nyu was still staring at me as I started the car and headed to a small theater. (I noticed it earlier while searching for a sleeping bag)

 

It kinda made me happy to see her fully focused on me…if only we weren’t in such a situation…

 

"Okay." She responded, then turned her body towards me and smiled sadly, even if it was fake at least it was a smile. "So what kind of movie are we gonna see?" She asked.

 

"Uhh…" I didn’t really pay attention earlier to what kind of movies they had… "You’ll see when we get there."

 

 

 

Great…I happen to take us to the only "horror movie marathon" theater…

 

I glanced at Mi Nyu; she was staring blankly at a big poster that showed a zombie taking a bite into an innocent girl’s neck.

 

Horror movies terrify her…

 

"It’s okay Mi Nyu we can find another theater." I said as I placed my hand gently onto her shoulder, which snapped her out of whatever trance she was in.

 

She put on a brave face. "I’m not afraid." Yeah…that’s believable.

 

She had that determined look on her face…I’d better get us outta here before she does something she’ll regret.

 

"HEY!" I got the attention of a man about to walk into the theater, "Excuse me sir, could you tell us how to get to another theater?" I asked politely.

 

"You’re already at a theater." He stated like it was something that hadn’t occurred to us.

 

"Yes but you see she-" I gestured to Mi Nyu "-doesn’t like horror movies."

 

"Ohh, that’s a bummer because today’s Saturday, and every Saturday ALL the theaters show horror movies. It’s like a tradition here in our small town."

 

"I see, thank you anyway." I said to the man. GREAT. Now what? Something that will cheer her up…

 

"What would you like to do? We could go to an arcade or the—" . I almost said park… "The mall and look around." I added quickly.

 

"No. I want to watch the movie. We are already here." She said in her determined voice with a pout face. Cute…but no.

 

"Mi Nyu, I know for a fact that you hate scary movies…you won’t wanna see it."

 

"No. I LIKE them and I want to see." She said just as determined. Liar.

 

"Are you sure you wanna see the movie?"

 

She looked at the poster once more then nodded, "Yes."

 

 

 

 

 

Mi Nyu’s point of view

 

I have to get over my fear, I have to get over my fear, I have to get over my fear. I thought to myself repeatedly as we walked into the theater.

 

The lighting was dim, they had life sized zombie standups scattered here and there, and they even had webs hung up in every corner. Overall the lobby was creepy.

 

Shinwoo bought both our tickets since I didn’t have my money with me. And handed me my ticket which I handed to the woman in front of the door, she was dressed like a zombie herself and when she took my ticket she gave me an evil smile and said "Have a frightful timmmee…"

 

Shinwoo and I sat in the very back of the theater, there’s barely anyone here…I noticed as Shinwoo and I sat down. There was still some lighting which meant the movie wasn’t gonna start just yet.

 

"I’ll go get some popcorn and a drink." Shinwoo said as he stood.

 

NO! Don’t leave me here all by myself!

 

My arm instinctively went out and I grabbed his shirtsleeve. Shinwoo stopped and looked at me, "What’s wrong?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

 

"Please. Stay." I said in barely above a whisper while begging with my eyes.

 

Shinwoo sat back down next to me and I could’ve sworn I saw a ghost of a smile. "If you get scared just hold onto me." He whispered. And the lights dimmed.

 

 

 

 

Shinwoo’s point of view

 

 

"Eek!" I heard Mi Nyu’s small scream again as the zombies chased after the remaining survivors.

 

"Remember you can grab onto me if you’re scared." I whispered lightly into her ear.

 

"I don’t want to. I'm not scared." She forced herself to say despite her trembling voice. Silly girl. Why do you have to be so cute?

 

It came to a quiet scene where the remaining survivors were walking down a dark hallway. They came around corner after corner. I already knew that a zombie was gonna jump out at ONE of those corners. And I was right; a zombie suddenly attacked the last girl, who let out a blood-curdling scream as she was carried away.

 

I saw Mi Nyu jump from the corner of my eye. Cute.

 

Another survivor was taken away, this time they had a mob of zombies attack and they showed blood being splattered onto the walls and guts being torn open by hungry zombies. It looks so fake.

 

Huh? I felt my heart race, I turned my head to Mi Nyu, She was attached to my arm and she looked terrified.

 

I patted her head with my free hand, "I told you that you wouldn’t want to see." I comforted her. "It’s okay, it’s not real, it’s fake."

 

She burrowed her face into my arm as red covered the screen and screams filled the theater. My heart beat faster and the fluttering feeling in my stomach returned.

 

I continued to comfort her, she stayed still, her face burrowed into my arm.

 

The movie ended and the lights became a little brighter, people stood and started to walk towards the exit. Some old women passed and looked as us whispering amongst themselves. I looked around and we were the only ones who weren’t getting up. One elderly lady not-so-quietly ‘whispered’ to her companion as they walked by "Look at that there young couple aren’t they just the cutest together?" the woman’s companion looked at us and with a ‘humph’ agreed "Eh, I guess they ain’t that bad together." I smiled to myself as they walked out.

 

Soon enough we were the only ones left in the theater.

 

"Mi Nyu, the movie ended we should go." I whispered to the girl burrowed into my arm.

 

No response.

 

I nudged her head lightly and it flopped backwards revealing a sleeping Mi Nyu.

 

"Was I really so comfortable that you could fall asleep?" I smiled.

 

She looked so helpless when she’s asleep…

 

I leaned in closer, "wake up my sleeping beauty". I kissed her forehead lightly.

 

"Excuse me?" an employee said as she entered with a big broom.

 

I jumped not expecting anyone to be there. How embarrassing

 

I woke Mi Nyu up with my sudden movement. "Mm? Is the movie over?" she asked sleepily.

 

"Yes ma’am, I don’t mean to be rude but I need to sweep in here…" the employee said politely

 

"O-oh! I’m sorry!" Mi Nyu said as she quickly got out of her seat.

 

"Sorry." I said as we passed her.

 

I could still feel my heart fluttering as I walked out of the theater.

 

Mi Nyu seemed happier as we stopped outside the car. "Feeling better?"

 

She nodded and genuinely smiled, "Yes, thank you Shinwoo." I felt my heart pound faster. I smiled in return.

 

"I'm glad. So ready for dinner?"

 

Mi Nyu suddenly looked sick. "I lost my appetite after watching that movie…"

 

I let a carefree chuckle out "But you fell asleep half way through it." I teased.

 

made an ‘O’ shape, "That! That’s because…" her voice trailed off I could’ve sworn I saw a light blush.

 

"Because?" I asked with a sly grin "Was I really that comfortable?"

 

"It doesn’t matter!" she tried to casually change the subject, "So what will we do now?" I let her get away with it just this once and played along with it.

 

"Oh I don’t know. Since you’re not hungry do you wanna go home?" I asked thoughtfully.

 

"Uhh…can’t we stay out and do something? Its such a nice night…" she tried to sound casual but I knew she was avoiding going back to Tae-Kyung.

 

"You cant avoid him forever." I said bluntly.

 

"I-I know that…but…just a little longer? Please?" she asked. I wonder if she tries to be that cute or if it just comes naturally? Oh well I’ll do whatever makes her happy. I smiled. "Sure. It’s only—" I looked at my watch. "7:03pm after all."

 

I leaned against the car. Mi Nyu got closer and leaned against it also.

 

"Wanna walk around? It’s a beautiful night." I said looking up to the black sky. The moonlight showed some clouds here and there but overall it was a clear night and I could see a lot more stars here than in the city.

 

"It’s beautiful isn’t it?" Mi Nyu asked aloud, her head tilted back following my gaze.

 

"Yeah…it is." I agreed then looked at her in the dim light that emitted from the streetlights. But not nearly as beautiful as you…

 

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

 

 

Jeremy and Go Minam messed around playing video games in my tent while I sat by the dying fire and stared off blankly at the blackness that was the night sky.

 

Am I really no longer her star? I replayed everything she said to me in my mind again.

 

So she’s coming home with Shinwoo? She must be so happy. My scowl deepened and I glared at the night sky.

 

It’s already 9 o’ clock why aren’t they here?…Why do I care? She’s not mine after all…maybe she never was.

 

NO. She was. And I refuse to lose her to Shinwoo.

 

"If I let Shinwoo have her so easily then I lose."

 

I’ll do everything I can to get her back. I won’t lose her. She’s the only one who can make me happy.

 

I heard a sound come from the trail.

 

Is it them? "Who’s there?!" I called as I walked closer to the trail. The sounds coming from there…

 

I started walking up the trail.

 

 

 

 

 

Mi Nyu’s point of view

 

"Are you ready?" Shinwoo asked as he opened the door for me.

 

"Maybe he wont be awake?" I said optimistically.

 

"Maybe." Shinwoo agreed then continued, "And what if he IS awake?"

 

I don’t have an answer yet…I'm actually kinda scared.

 

"Don’t worry. I’ll be right by your side." Shinwoo assured as he grabbed his sleeping bag from the back.

 

‘He gave you HIS’ Tae-Kyung’s words echoed in my mind.

 

"Your sleeping bag…" I muttered

 

"Mm? Yes I found one." He smiled, "It took awhile though."

 

"I'm sorry…"

 

Shinwoo’s eyebrow raised curiously "Don’t be. It’s not your fault." He comforted. Why are you always so kind to me?

 

"Tae-Kyung told me that you gave me yours." I said as I lowered my head in shame. I should’ve realized sooner…

 

I saw Shinwoo’s feet get closer until he was right in front of me. He softly touched my chin and lifted my face until our eyes met. "I did it because I wanted to. No one forced me to." He smiled; his soft eyes were gazing at me with such warmth.

 

Why?

 

 

 

 

 

Shinwoo’s point of view

 

I gazed into her beautiful liquid brown eyes; "I did it because I wanted to. No one forced me."

 

It’d be so easy to kiss her right now…but I can’t. Now’s not the time. I willed myself to just explain instead. "I didn’t want you to get cold." It’s the truth…but that’s not the only reason. The other reason, the MAIN reason is because I love you.

 

She didn’t move she just met my gaze with her own. Don’t look at me like that or else my willpower will waiver…I felt my body move closer slowly. ‘This is dangerous. I shouldn’t’. My mind continued to warn me but my body again ignored my mind and inched closer. ‘Go for it, you love her.’ Another part of my mind urged me on.

 

I closed my eyes and felt my lips touch hers tentatively. The kiss was hesitant and uncertain, but also soft and caring. I felt the butterflies return. I pulled back from the kiss and examined Mi Nyu’s face for any clues to how she felt about me. She just stood there ridged and paralyzed. I didn’t mean to shock her that much.

 

Suddenly I felt self-conscious. My face heated uncontrollably.

 

"I’ll go back first." I said nervously and walked away quickly.

 

The butterflies were making me feel almost giddy with happiness and as I walked away a giant grin formed on my face. I'm not gonna let you slip through my fingers this time…

 

 

 

 

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

 

 

I came across Shinwoo and Mi Nyu when I reached the end of the trail. I quickly hid behind the closest tree.

 

"Tae-Kyung told me that you gave me yours." I heard Mi Nyu’s voice say. I can only make out their silhouettes…I saw Mi Nyu lower her head. Shinwoo walked closer. Whoa! Too close! Back off! He stopped just a foot away from her and reached his hand out and grabbed her face.

 

"I did it because I wanted to. No one forced me." I heard Shinwoo’s voice. That’s so corny. "I didn’t want you to get cold."

 

Then he started to lean in. He wouldn’t…He did. He kissed her. I clenched my fist, My chest tightened and I grabbed it wrinkling my shirt. I felt a lump form in my throat.

 

They parted. "I’ll go back first." I heard Shinwoo say. A second later he walked past me. I felt myself glare at him until he was out of view.

 

I looked back to Mi Nyu. She was standing in the same place, her hand up to her lips. I cant make out her face…it’s too dark and she’s too far away…I stared blankly at her not knowing what else to do. I couldn’t look away or move.

 

Suddenly she shouted "Shinwoo!" and started running. When she passed me I could see her face clearly.

 

She looks…happy.

 

My chest tightened until it hurt. "Ugh." I leaned against the tree. Why’s it hurt so much?  I squeezed my eyes shut as I slid down the tree slowly until I hit the ground.

 

It hurts…it hurts…Mi Nyu…I felt a cold tear roll down my face, it quickly fell off my face. I hugged my knees in pain.

 

I didn’t want to see that.

 

Mi Nyu, you still love me right?

 

Please. Tell me it was a lie. Tell me you love me once more…

 

Come back… "Come back…" my voice sounded so weak and pathetic, and vulnerable.

 

Tears rolled from my face uncontrollably like they had never before. I felt my chest constrict and my breath became short and quick. It became harder and harder to breathe.

 

Calm down…you need to calm down…I reminded myself.

 

I forced my breathing to slow down and my heart rate to return to normal. But the empty feeling stayed with me.

 

I don’t care what she wants. I WILL get her back! I decided as I got up and patted myself off then walked back to camp feigning being fine. I headed straight for my tent. Luckily Jeremy had left so Go Minam was more or less quiet.

 

I laid down replaying the scene in my mind I glared at the tent ceiling, unable to control the anger that bubbled up and unable to sleep.  

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry that it's so boring in the beginning! >.< don't kill me! also Tae-Kyung lover all say "AWW" instead of stabbing me!! >.< if you have any comment please feel free to post down below~~~BUT! if you have a suggestion  or any idea's of what you might like for me to add in this story please send me a PERSONSAL message on my wall and also PLEASE don't feel insulted if I dont use the idea or suggestion  :) okay that's all and thank you all for reading this far!

 

Also! sorry 1 last thing: PLEASE read my "foreword" and vote on my  "My Polls"