Just a weak moment.

Last Chance

Tae-Kyung’s point of view:

After checking Mi Nyu and He Yi out of the hospital we all piled into 2 different taxis, on our way to the airport. I kept glancing at the only other two in the car with me…they were holding hands and not even attempting to hide whatever had happened between them. I felt my heart tug painfully but I was no longer jealous. I had gotten over my jealousy and decided to give up on Mi Nyu, after all what good does it do to chase a memory? None. I frowned to myself, alone. My mind decided to stop loving her but it’s my heart that I need to convince that to.

I sighed deeply as the airplane soared hundreds of feet above mountains and lakes through the night air…now that I think of it I just followed the crowd to where ever they were going. I hadn’t checked or asked where we were headed…Most of the passengers in the plane were already sleeping, some snoring could even be heard in another row.

I looked over to He Yi, a frown covering my lips, she had fallen asleep after only a few hours and she was leaning her head against me. Her long soft hair had fallen over half of her face and was draping over my shoulder…how long has she been like this? Was I really that deep in my thoughts that I hadn’t noticed her falling asleep on me? I reached my hand up and poke her cheek, it was soft and round like a woman’s should be. She mumbled in her sleep but didn’t open her eyes, irritated at her ignoring me. Whether she was sleeping or not I refused to tolerate being ignored. I put superiority into my voice "Hey Fairy, You’re drooling all over my jacket."

"Mmm?" she mumbled lazily and reached her sleeve up to her lips, wiping away imaginary drool.

"Yah, wake up. Where are we headed?" I urged her to answer while trying to keep my voice low so I didn’t wake up other passengers.

She just nuzzled her head deeper into my shoulder blade and wrapped her arm around me, sending chills throughout my body wherever she touched. I looked at her strangely and saw a faint smile on her face, she was mumbling incoherent words and her warmth was seeping through my jacket and affecting me in ways that I didn’t like. I looked around expecting someone to have witnessed that but no one did. Everyone was asleep, Mi Nyu and Shinwoo were a row in front of us, Mi Nyu’s head was on Shinwoo while he had lightly placed his head on hers.

I heard He Yi mumble in her sleep and I snapped my attention back to her. I raised an arrogant eyebrow at her to hide the butterflies in my stomach, "What did you say fake fairy?" I whispered and saw my breath move her hair slightly.

She mumbled again, "Don’t hate me." came her slurred answer.

I let a lop-sided smile creep on my face, "and why shouldn’t I?" I inquired, my smile coming out in my voice.

She mumbled again but didn’t answer, and for a while I thought she wasn’t going to. It was quiet in the plane for the most part, calming. I saw a flight attendant rush past us and then a moment later the lights dimmed down so that the passengers could sleep. I assumed that the flight attendant had done that and then a few minutes later she rushed past us again to do her other chores in a different part of the plane.

He Yi’s warmth was lulling me to sleep and dulling my senses. I felt my face relax into a smile as she stayed still, her arm was still lying on my stomach and grabbing at my shirt. I looked at her in the dim light and was disappointed to see that my eyes were only able to make out a silhouette. I reached over and brushed the hair out of her face, gently tucking it behind her ear.

I don’t like her. I thought to myself.

I’m just having a weak moment, that’s all…

 


Just a weak moment.

 

I smiled to myself and closed my eyes. Yes, that’s all it is…my heart…weak…

And then I couldn’t resist any longer. I fell into a deep sleep…

 

 

 

 

I woke up to the turbulence of the plane landing and a flight attendants voice that was in my opinion way too cheery for so early in the morning. I blinked my eyes open as I felt He Yi’s head lift from my shoulder.

 

"Aloha passengers, thank you for flying with us and welcome to your destination. We have just arrived in Hawaii."

My eyes widened. WHAT?