Chapter 6

Last Chance

Chapter 6

 

 

 

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

 

 

"I'm ready." I announced as I walked over to where Go Minam, Jeremy, and Mi Nyu were.

 

"Thanks for making us wait your highness." Jeremy said spitefully. Your just annoyed you didn’t get your ice-cream sooner. I glared at him. I looked around…this is unusual, Shinwoo’s an early bird why isn’t he out here too?

 

"Where’s Shinwoo?" I tried to sound uninterested.

 

Go Minam and Jeremy shrugged.

 

"He went into town to get a sleepingbag since he forgot his." Mi nyu declared. And why are YOU the only one to know that, little piggy-bunny? I scowled. I felt jealously start at my toes and bubble up to the top like lava waiting to burst free.

 

"YOUR sleeping bag." I said angrily.

 

"What do you mean?" she tilted her head to the side. "I have my sleepingbag."

 

Why are you so oblivious?! That’s one of the things I hate about you… "He gave you HIS." I said putting venom into my words.

 

Her eyes got wide and she turned her head to Go Minam and Jeremy, "Is that true?" What you don’t believe me now? My scowl deepened.

 

Go Minam and Jeremy nodded, confirming what I had already said. See?

 

Mi Nyu looked puzzled. She bit at her thumbnail thoughtfully. Probably thinking something like ‘Why’d he do that?’

 

We were all watching her; she suddenly shook her head then nodded with her fists clenched as if she had figured out what she was thinking about. "Are we all ready to go?" she said cheerfully. I raised my eyebrow. I have no clue what goes through that girl’s mind…

 

"Okay." Go Minam said, "so where are we gong for ice-cream?"

 

Jeremy grinned, "DoN’t WoRrY I KnOw JuSt ThE pLaCe." He sung every word, which reminded me of the lady, ‘She has already started to fall out of love with you’ I scowled. I’ll show you…she still loves ME! I am her star!

 

"Alright let’s go on our way." I said as I Grabbed Mi Nyu’s hand and started walking the path that led to our cars.

 

Mi Nyu looked uncomfortable as she struggled to stay up with my normal walking pace and Jeremy and Go Minam exchanged a look that I didn’t quite understand but I didn’t care. I was gonna prove to myself today that Mi Nyu loved me.

 

 

 

 

Jeremy’s point of view

 

 

I was driving since I was the only one that actually knew where we were going. Ha! Go Minam hates letting others drive! I smiled my cocky smile to Go Minam who was in the passenger seat sulking.

 

"Stop your stupid grinning!" he snapped.

 

When we arrived I quickly got out to open the door for Mi Nyu but Tae-Kyung had stopped me with a glare before I could, then he walked around and opened the door for her, never taking his eyes off me until he reached for the handle. Geesh! That was scary!

 

"What’s wrong with him?" Go Minam asked from beside me.

 

"You saw that too right?" I asked him.

 

"Yeah. He totally just gave you the death glare." He seemed as bewildered as me.

 

When we got into the Ice-cream shop I asked Mi Nyu what kinda ice-cream she wanted. But Tae-Kyung just looked me straight in the eyes and said, "I’ll buy hers." With his usual scowl.

 

Throughout the day every time we tried to get close to Mi Nyu Tae-Kyung would get in the way keeping her all to himself. And Mi Nyu just looked around nervously and so innocently like a scarred little girl that was kidnapped by the evil Tae-Kyung.

 

"This is starting to annoy me…" I said to Go Minam as we walked behind Tae-Kyung and Mi Nyu.

 

Go Minam shrugged. "Not much we can do about it…I saw a arcade awhile back. Wanna ditch them for awhile?"

 

"Why?"

 

Go Minam put on his ‘your kidding right?’ face and said, "So they can have alone time. Duh!"

 

"But…" I glanced at Mi Nyu, she looked like a lost kitten, she kept looking around like she was trying to find something.

 

"If you come I’ll pay for us both." Go Minam knew exactly what made me tic.

 

"Really?" I asked skeptically but still hopeful.

 

"Really." He said with a grin. I reaaaally shouldn’t…

 

"Hmmm…Okay!" sorry Mi Nyu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

 

 

Jeremy and Go Minam are being suspiciously quiet…I looked back and they were gone, THAT explains it.

 

"Jeremy and Go Minam left." I stated.

 

"Huh?" Mi Nyu looked at me then behind. "Where’d they go?!" she said her eyes wide with surprise at their sudden disappearance.

 

"They probably saw something interesting and walked away." I reasoned.

 

"Should we call them?"

 

I wanna be alone with her a little longer…

 

"We’ll do that later."

 

"But-" she started to protest.

 

"Later." I said forcefully.

 

I should be nicer to her…I scolded myself

 

"Are you still hungry?" I asked looking at her. I felt my eyes soften, she always makes me feel better…

 

"No, why are you?" she asked innocently.

 

"No. How about we walk around outside then?" I offered.

 

"Sure." She said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

We found a park and she sat down on a swing, I got behind her and started to push the swing back and forth. I will prove that she loves me. Today. Now.

 

"Mi Nyu." I said softly

 

"Mm?" she answered swinging blissfully.

 

I stopped the swing.

 

"Huh?" she said as I forced her swing to stop moving.

 

I walked around her and stopped in front of her. I knelt down and touched her face lightly. And leaned in for a kiss…. You’re mine…you’re not escaping me…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mi Nyu’s point of view

 

He stopped the swing and knelt down in front of me. He touched my cheek lightly and leaned in slowly.

 

Is he gonna kiss me? I closed my eyes waiting for our lips to touch. Just as our lips touched Shinwoo went through my mind. Tae-Kyung kissed me roughly and passionately. Why don’t I feel anything? Before when Tae-Kyung and I kissed I felt electricity go through my whole body. Now I feel… nothing.

 

I leaned back stopping the kiss.

 

Tae-Kyung looked at me and then spoke softly, "Mi Nyu…I love you. When I'm around you I feel all my tension go away and I feel happier, like a dark cloud is lifted from me…please…stay with me forever and make me happy." He then pulled me into a hug.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shinwoo’s point of view

 

Why’d it take so long to find a sleepingbag? I thought as I walked out of the store with a silver and white sleeping bag. I opened my car door and place the sleeping bag in the passenger seat. I got into the car and then remembered the book Mi Nyu had given me last night. I have it in the passenger seat too…I wont be able to read it around everyone else, maybe I should find a quiet place to read some before going back to the camp sight.

 

I started the car and then a few minutes later passes by a park. I parked my car close to the park entrance and grabbed the book and started to walk into the park.

 

It’s pretty nice here. I smiled to myself as I saw some kids running around playing at the playground in the distance. I saw two large figures at the swings. They kinda stick out surrounded by all those little kids. Up ahead there was a bench across from the playground. That’ll be a nice place to read. I continued to watch the figures. And as I walked closer they started to look familiar when I was half way to the bench I stopped dead in my tracks.

 

It’s Mi Nyu and Tae-Kyung…what are they doing here?

 

Tae-Kyung was pushing Mi Nyu, who was on the swing, What am I doing just standing here? I should go up to them and talk…I started to walk again.

 

Tae-Kyung stopped Mi Nyu’s swing and walked around to in front of her then he knelt down and touched her lightly. I stopped walking again. Is he gonna kiss her? He leaned in closer and kissed her. I didn’t know what to do…my feet wouldn’t move, I was paralyzed. I couldn’t look away, I felt my heart sink with every torturous second. She pulled back and I saw Tae-Kyung’s lips move but I couldn’t hear.

 

Move Shinwoo! Before your heart gets broken anymore. Walk away. Don’t watch any longer! My mind urged but my body wasn’t responding. I stayed there watching, witnessing. A lump formed in my throat and I felt my eyes sting. ‘I’ve never cried before…I'm not gonna now.’ I told myself. ‘Yeah but you’ve also never had this much hope before…’ my mind reasoned.

 

I continued to watch my heart aching more and more with every agonizing second.

 

My feet didn’t take me away but instead they dragged me closer until I was in ears reach.

 

Why don’t I go away? "—Stay with me forever and make me happy." I heard Tae-Kyung’s voice. I felt my heart stop.  I don’t wanna hear this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mi Nyu’s point of view

 

 

Tae-Kyung hugged me.

 

I’m so sorry Tae-Kyung…I now realize how I feel…

 

I felt a tear roll down my face, the tear fell slowly leaving a warm trail behind. My face heated.

 

Tae-Kyung pulled back as the tear fell on his bare shoulder. "What’s wrong?" he asked concern in his dark eyes.

 

I got a lump in my throat and it became hard to speak but still I knew I had to force myself to say something.

 

"I'm sorry…" I forced out, I heard my voice tremble. "So sorry…"

 

"Why are you sorry?" he questioned, his eyebrow’s pushed together by his confusion.

 

"I don’t…" more tears fell and the lump in my throat tried to silence me, but I had to finish my sentence, "I-I don’t love you anymore…" my voice was trembling. I put my face down looking at my knees. Not wanting to see his face hurt and in pain.

 

"I don’t…I'm sorry…I'm sorry" I heard myself repeat over and over again. Tae-Kyung was silent, he didn’t move.

 

"Are you sure?" Tae-Kyung finally said his void of any emotion.

 

"Y-yes" I replied hesitantly.

 

He stood up. I instinctively looked up. His eyes with hurt and in pain, but they were also angry. No. They were furious.

 

" Because of Shinwoo?" he said his voice still emotionless. But his eyes were glaring at me with hatred and pain.

 

How’d he know?

 

 He examined my face and guessed what I was thinking. "I’ll be going home first." He said coldly then turned around and walked away.

 

Only a meek whisper escaped my lips.

 

 

 

 "I'm sorry...I never meant to hurt you."

 

 

Tears rolled down my cheeks and silenced my voice, gagging me.

I didn’t say anything more…I couldn’t.

 

I never wanted to hurt him…I slipped off the swing slowly until my knees hit the ground then I fell down and folded in, using my hands to keep me stable as I cried. Tears kept flowing relentlessly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shinwoo’s point of view

 

 

Did I hear right? What’d he mean ‘because of Shinwoo?’???

 

But before that…Mi Nyu. I walked over to where Mi Nyu was. She didn’t even notice me approach. She’s crying so much… I looked around; people are starting to stare.

 

I should get her out of here first.

 

"Mi Nyu…" I said softly as I knelt down beside her. She looked up, her face was red and stained with tears, and her eyes were red.

 

"Shinwoo…" her voice cracked.

 

"You can explain later…first we should go to somewhere less public." I explained softly.

 

She noticed that people were staring. "Okay." I put my arm around her, supporting her just incase she stumbled, and walked her to my car. Shut the door for her and then walked around to the other side.

 

"Who did you come with?" I asked as I sat down.

 

She was looking at her knees "Jeremy and Go Minam and…" she never finished that sentence…she didn’t have to I knew the answer: Tae-Kyung.

 

"I'm gonna call Go Minam and explain to him that I'm taking you home, okay?", She nodded.

 

I took out my phone and flipped it open calling speed-dial #2. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hello? Shinwoo? What’s up?"

 

"I’ll be taking Mi Nyu home." I explained

 

"Tae-Kyung came back alone and he wont say a word, what happened?" of course he wont say anything.

 

"Don’t worry about it. Are you guys heading back soon?" I asked

 

"We’re about to leave."

 

"Okay, we’ll be back later okay? Don’t stay up waiting for us."

 

"But it’s only 4:30PM! What are you guys planning on doing?!" he replied in his over-protective brother tone.

 

"We’re gonna have dinner and go to a movie." I explain calmly. Mi Nyu looked at me when she heard that. She seems calmer now…

 

"Alright but if she get hurt or--" he started and I cut him off, "Don’t worry nothings going to happen to her." I assured him.

 

"Fine." He said grudgingly, "you better take care of her…"

 

I looked at her. "Don’t worry…I will." I smiled.

 

"Okay bye—no I'M driving Jeremy!"

 

He hung up the phone.

 

I looked at Mi Nyu…she seems to be almost back to normal again.

 

"So about earlier…" I started.