Chapter 8

Last Chance

Manager Ma’s point of view:

 

Ahh it’s so peaceful here without the boys…all I have to do is feed Jolie and I’ve already done that…I relaxed and slumped into the couch, without any more responsibilities I felt completely carefree and closed my eyes blissfully. Ahh I love the quiet peaceful life…

 

DING-DONG~! The doorbell rang and my eyes shot open.

 

"Maybe if I ignore it they’ll go away…" I stayed still and closed my eyes again.

 

DING-DONG~! DING-DONG~!

 

I got up from my comfortable couch and stomped over to the door "What do you want?!" I yelled as I answered the door. He Yi stared at me with open eyes then regained her composure, "Where is everyone?" she asked as she walked past me into the house. She helped herself to the couch where I was sitting; she sat down gracefully and crossed her legs before looking at me once again.

 

"They went camping with Mi Nyu." I casually replied. I don’t see why Go Minam likes her. She’s so arrogant!

 

"Oh really?" there was a pause as she bit at her thumb thoughtfully, "I can’t believe Go Minam didn’t tell me…after our date and all." She sounded concerned.

 

Da-Date?

 

"Yo-you don’t mean to say that you and Go Minam are…dating?" I asked in shock, ohhh that sly fox! I told him everything would work out! Go Minam I'm pleased that you got someone as great as He Yi. I’ve always liked her!

 

 

 

 

 

 

He Yi’s point of view

 

Heh. Too easy.

 

"Yo-you don’t mean to say that you and Go Minam are…dating?" Manager Ma asked eyes wide open. Ha. He bought it.

 

I nodded.

 

"That’s great! He’s liked you for the longest time!" Manager Ma said excitedly. I already knew that afterall he’s been pestering me for the last year over one simple date.

 

"Yes, I came here to see Go Minam but I’m sad to hear that I won’t be able to…" I feigned being sad at that and gave him my best puppy eyes.

 

"A-ah I know where they are, I'm sure they’d be happy to see you." Manager Ma said then went frantically looking for something.

 

"Got it!" he hollered as he came back with a crumpled up scrap of paper with writing on it. He handed it over to me, "They left me instructions just incase." He beamed at me. And I forced myself to smile back at the greasy man.

 

"Thank you so much" I said with my sweet smile in place as I took the disfigured piece of paper.

 

"So how did the date go?" Manager Ma said in a disgusting sly voice.

 

"I’m sorry but I really must be going now, I only came by for a quick visit." I lied. Then walked out with my sweet smile in place.

 

As I entered my limo my smile instantly dropped and I changed back to my normal self "DRIVER! Take me home. I have some packing to do." I called to my driver.

 

"Yes milady."

 

Heh…just wait for me Tae-Kyung. I'm on my way. I smiled to myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeremy’s point of view:

 

"Tae-Kyung! Wake up!!" I frantically yelled as I shook him mercilessly. It’s already noon! What’s WRONG with him? He never sleeps in this late!

 

"Go away!" He yelled again.

 

"I really don’t wanna use my last resort Tae-Kyung! So WAKE UP NOW!!" I threatened.

 

"I'm not getting up no matter what you do! SO. GIVE. UP." He exaggerated those last words. Then he mumbled "Idiot."

 

Grrr.

 

I warned you. I didn’t want to do this…but Shinwoo wants you to wake up and you’ve left me no other choice. I leaned down next to Tae-Kyung and right into his ear I whispered in my singsong voice "Get up now or I’ll kiss you." and blew into his ear then backed away to a safer distance. Instantly Tae-Kyung shot up.

 

Ohhh. He looks angry…better run!

 

I darted out of the tent as quickly as I could and as suspected Tae-Kyung came barreling after me.

 

"JEREMY!! I’LL KILL YOU!!!" he threatened as he ran after me.

 

I looked around, somewhere safe, somewhere safe, somewhere safe.

 

I spotted a shirtless Shinwoo. Shinwoo! I ran behind Shinwoo and holding onto his bare shoulders moved him between a murderous Tae-Kyung and me.

 

"Shinwoo! Tae-Kyung’s threatening me!" I shrieked from behind my human shield.

 

"I can see that much." Shinwoo replied calmly, "What happened?"

 

"I was just trying to wake him up like a good friend and he got angry! And started chasing me around!"

 

Tae-Kyung raised an eyebrow and straightened up. "I didn’t just randomly start chasing you." he defended himself.

 

"Then why did you start to chase him?" Shinwoo asked reasonably.

 

"HE—" Tae-Kyung started but decided not to finish the sentence. Haha I win! I stuck my tongue out at him.

 

"He?" Shinwoo inquired.

 

"It doesn’t matter!" Tae-Kyung quickly snapped then changed the subject, "Why are you in swimming trunks anyway?"

 

"Right! I was wondering that too!" I said releasing Shinwoo.

 

"We are right next to a river so I thought it’d be a good idea to go swimming while we’re here." Shinwoo explained.

 

"AH! Can I come too?!" Swimming! I LOVE swimming! Oh! Mi Nyu! I wonder if she’ll go!

 

"I’ll go invite Mi Nyu!" I said before Shinwoo could answer my question and left for Mi Nyu’s tent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

 

 

I examined Shinwoo after Jeremy left. What’s he got that I don’t? I don’t know what she sees in him. I'm obviously the better choice.

 

"Can we talk?" Shinwoo asked looking me in the eyes.

 

I raised my eyebrow. Mm? "About?"

 

Shinwoo looked at me with serious eyes. "I'm not gonna let her slip through my fingers this time." He said with a strong unshakable voice.

 

His eyes softened alittle, "I want her to be happy…and I think I can make her happy. I want to be a part of her life and be by her side when she needs me…" he spoke from his heart. The vision of him kissing Mi Nyu flashed through my mind. Ugh. That’s the LAST thing I want to remember.

 

Annoyance from last night returned, "And why are you telling me this? I don’t want her anymore." I said coldly as I glared at him.

 

"Are you sure about that? Because I ‘m not gonna hold back if that’s true." Is he threatening me?

 

"Go ahead." I replied forcing my voice to be calm despite the growing annoyance.

 

"Don’t you still love her?" Shinwoo inquired.

 

Of course I do.

 

I replied in a calm but cold voice, "If I did would it make any difference to you?"

 

Shinwoo thought about it for a moment then casually said, "I suppose not…Since I'm not holding back any longer." Why you!

 

"I’m not gonna let you have her." I declared.

 

"Shouldn’t it be her choice?" It wasn’t a question, it was a statement.

 

"I. DON’T. CARE. Because I will make her love me again." I spoke slowly putting venom in every word as I glared coldly into his calm eyes. Damn it! Why’s he always so calm?!

 

"Even if you don’t make her happy?" his eyes looked sad and serious as he spoke. That surprised me.

 

Do I make her happy? I hadn’t asked myself that…What am I thinking? Of course I make her happy I am her star...Right?

 

The corner of Shinwoo’s lips pulled up into a smile for a second as if he could read my thoughts.

 

My eyebrow raised at that. What’s up with that smile?

 

"SHINWOO! TAE-KYUNG!!~~~LOOK OVER HERE!!" Jeremy yelled in a singsong voice. Damn it…I remembered that lady again. I wish he’d stop doing that. I looked over Shinwoo’s shoulder to see what Jeremy was yelling about.

 

Oh…my.

 

I felt my eyes widen as I looked at Mi Nyu. She looked surprisingly good in a swimsuit. Beautiful… And the simple white bikini fit her image so well. She looked down when our eyes met. Why’d you look away?

 

Shinwoo saw the look on my face and did a 180.

 

After a second I heard him whisper "beautiful…"

 

Jealousy bubbled up quickly and I heard myself spitefully say "Ha. She doesn’t look that good."

 

. She heard me…I just know it.

 

I didn’t mean it!

 

 

 

 

 

Mi Nyu’s point of view

 

I hope I don’t look too weird in this…Go Minam said it looked good on me but I don’t know…

 

"SHINWOO! TAE-KYUNG!!~~~LOOK OVER HERE!!" Jeremy called from beside me.

 

Tae-Kyung looked up at me and his eyes widened. I looked down praying that would make me invisible. I’m sorry Tae-Kyung.

 

"Mi Nyu why are you looking down?" Jeremy asked innocently. I guess I'm not as invisible as I’d hoped…I looked up.

 

Shinwoo was now turned around and he was staring…at me. Our eyes connected and I felt my face heat into a blush. He’s smiling at me. Maybe I don’t look weird. I thought optimistically and smiled shyly back.

 

"Ha. She doesn’t look that good." I heard Tae-Kyung say.

 

I do look weird. I frowned and looked away.

 

"Mi Nyu." I heard Shinwoo’s voice.

 

I looked at him and our eyes connected.

 

Shinwoo walked closer and took hold of my vision not once letting my eyes flicker elsewhere. I returned his stare unable to look away, my eyes locked in his burning stare. I felt the tension build up until he stopped only a few feet away and smiled. His smile instantly melted any nervous feelings I had before.

 

"Beautiful." He softly said with his warm, gentle smile. At this one simple compliment I felt happy and unknowingly smiled back with a fluttering feeling in my stomach.

 

"Ohh! You’re grinning Mi Nyu!! Do you like Shinwoo so much?" Jeremy teased. We both looked at Jeremy.

 

I opened my mouth to say something but my mind blanked.

 

"Be quiet Jeremy." Go Minam intervened suddenly from the beach, "You’re Mickey Mouse voice is irritating me." he added angrily. I almost never see Oppa angry, I wonder what’s wrong?

 

"I was just teasing her!" Jeremy yelled back. "Geesh what’s wrong with HIM?" he asked aloud.

 

I don’t know…

 

"Whatever! Lets go swimming!!" Jeremy said cheerfully as he grabbed my arm.

 

"Give me a minute, I’ll be right with you." I said as I escaped Jeremy’s grasp and ran past him to Oppa who was grumpily sitting beside the river with his toes being softly washed over by the calm river.

 

"Okay! Let’s go Shinwoo and Tae-Kyung!" I heard Jeremy say cheerfully and Tae-Kyung reply "What? You want ME to go also?" Then they were out of ears reach.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Minam’s point of view

 

 

"Oppa?" Mi Nyu sat beside me and looked at me with concerned eyes.

 

I looked away.

"What’s wrong Oppa?" She asked in an innocent voice.

 

He Yi…

 

"Nothing." I lied. I don’t want her to worry. I owe her so much I can’t possibly push my problems onto her.

 

"Oppa, I’m only gonna worry if you keep secrets from me." She tried her usual tactic to get me to talk.

 

"It’s not a secret. There’s nothing to tell you." I replied slowly making sure to not look at her. My voice didn’t sound convincing…she can always tell when I'm lying.

 

"Go Minam…" She continued to push.

 

"What about you?" I changed the subject and put the spotlight on her, "Isn’t there something you’re not telling me…something about Tae-Kyung perhaps?"

 

Her eyes got wide. "N-no!" She quickly said. Heh. I always now when you’re lying.

 

So something really did happen with Tae-Kyung…

 

"Did you two have a fight?" I asked concerned. If he hurt her I swear I’ll kill him!

 

"It wasn’t a fight exactly…" She answered knowing that she couldn’t lie to me.

 

"Then what?" I asked.

 

"…."

 

"Tell me. Mi Nyu if you don’t tell me how will I know?" that line usually gets her.

 

"We…" she paused and I quietly waiting for her next words.

 

"We…broke up I guess?" She finished and looked down. WHAT?! How dare he break up with her!!

 

"I’LL KILL HIM!!" I said angrily and stood up.

 

"No!" Mi Nyu said as she grabbed my arm with frantic eyes. She pulled me back down next to her. "It…wasn’t him."

 

I raised my eyebrow. You don’t mean to say that you…

 

"You broke up with HIM?" I asked amazed.

 

She nodded and glanced at me.

 

"Why?" I asked unable to grasp it. But I was sure…

 

"I thought you loved him…" I said lamely.

 

She remained silent, obviously uncomfortable with my questioning. Why would she do it…unless?

 

"Is there someone else you like?" I asked, Shinwoo maybe?

 

She finally looked at me and her expression told me everything I wanted to know. She never was good at hiding her feelings…I smiled.

 

"I guess you don’t wanna tell me who it is yet right?" I asked already knowing the answer.

 

"Not yet..." She answered hesitantly. I smiled. You’re the cutest little sister ever.

 

I ruffled her hair. I must have picked that up from Shinwoo. She smiled.

 

"MI NYU!!! ARE YOU COMING OR WHAT?!" Jeremy called from the river. Geez he has to ruin everything.

 

"You better go over there before the idiot has a spasm." I said grudgingly.

 

Mi Nyu stood then looked back at me as if second-guessing whether it was really okay to leave me there.

 

"Don’t worry I'm feeling better already." I assured her with my charismatic smile. She returned my smile with her own warm smile then went running towards the water where Shinwoo and Jeremy where swimming and splashing. Tae-Kyung was on a towel with sunglasses on and he was lying on his back and using his forearm and elbows to prop him up so he could see everyone.

 

For someone who was just dumped yesterday he hides it pretty well…maybe he wasn’t really attached to her.

 

 

 

 

 

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

 

 

I watched Mi Nyu as she jumped in the water and instantly Shinwoo and Jeremy flocked to her like faithful mutts. Jeremy splashed her from the front as Shinwoo went behind her and splashed her.

 

Look at that little piggy-bunny. Splashing around carelessly…

 

Now that I’m actually paying attention I'm starting to notice how often Mi Nyu glances at Shinwoo when she hasn’t once looked over at me. This is irritating me.

 

I watched as Shinwoo came from behind her and playfully dunked Mi Nyu under the water, she let out a quick shriek before she disappeared below the water and when she came up she had a ridiculously large smile on her face. They smiled and laughed along themselves completely forgetting me. Are you really having that much fun with them?

 

"Looks like they’re having fun huh?" I jumped at the sudden presence of someone else.

 

I looked over to see Go Minam staring down at me. "Huh?" I replied lamely.

 

Go Minam sat down beside me, "Why don’t you join them?"

 

"I don’t feel like it." I answered curtly.

 

"Why?" He continued to annoyingly question me.

 

"What’s it to you whether I swim or not anyway?" I snapped.

 

"It doesn’t matter I guess…Just thought you’d wanna be out there with Mi Nyu." Go Minam said casually.

 

I looked at him. "And why would I wanna do THAT?"

 

He returned my question with his own; "Don’t you wanna get her back?"

 

How’d he know that she…?

 

He read the expression on my face and casually replied, "She’s my sister." Like it was the most obvious thing ever.

 

"Whatever." I said as I looked away and returned my glare to Mi Nyu splashing around with her carefree laugh. I wish she was laughing with ME. Smiling with ME...Not them, Not HIM.

 

His eyes followed my own, "You still love her?" he asked. Why is everyone asking me that?!

 

I stayed quiet.

 

"Fine, you don’t need to answer. I just thought I would help you…" Go Minam said then added, "Maybe I’ll support Mi Nyu and Shinwoo instead?"

 

Is everyone trying to annoy me now?

 

"Do whatever you want. It makes no difference to me." I said ruefully. I can get her back on my own.

 

Go Minam examined me, and whether he found what he was searching for or not I’ll never know. He just whispered "This is gonna get interesting." Before standing up and leaving.

 

Arrogant little! My life isn’t for your entertainment!

 

 

……

 

 

"Dinner time!" Shinwoo called aloud and Jeremy and Go Minam came running to get a seat around the firepit. I’d already been sitting around the fire for awhile now.

 

"Dinner time! Dinner time!! What are we having Shinwoo?!" Jeremy said excitedly as he sat on the log of driftwood across from me.

 

"Yeah what did you make?" Go Minam asked as he joined Jeremy. And Mi Nyu took the last log around the firepit.

 

"How does hotdogs sound?" Shinwoo replied with a smile he took the food over to us.

 

"OHHH~~~I love hotdogs!" Jeremy said bouncing in place with anticipation. Of course, You love any kind of food.

 

After all the food was passed around Shinwoo sat next to Mi Nyu. Her log was the smallest so they were sitting close enough that their shoulders were touching, He quickly glanced at her and smiled, and I felt jealously rise in me again.

 

"Shinwoo why don’t you sit next to me? There’s more room here." I said trying to keep my temper under control. Shinwoo looked at Mi Nyu then me, "I suppose you’re right." He said with a smile as he got up and sat beside me. First victory: Mine. I smiled to myself as I took a bite of my hotdog.

 

The sun had already gone down by the time we all finished eating and cleaning up, and everyone returned to the firepit’s blazing light to talk. Shinwoo and Mi Nyu were laughing as they watched Jeremy and Go Minam tell jokes while subtly exchanging insults. I even felt the corner of my lip tug up into a smile as I watched their silly display. Soon they were all laughing and enjoying themselves, randomly taking turns telling joke after joke. I even quietly chuckled to myself every now and then at Jeremy’s silliness. In a single moment our laughter was interrupted by a shriek that came from the forest.

 

"EEEEEK!"

 

Everyone stood up and looked wide-eyed at the forest. Shinwoo was the first to react, he sprinted towards the forest and Jeremy and Go Minam followed close after. I grabbed a nearby flashlight and Mi Nyu and I ran after them. We saw they stopped moving at the end of the trail.

 

"What’s going on?" I asked as I pushed past them and shined the light to see someone I definitely didn’t expect to see. I scowled as I looked at the smiling girl that stood before us.

 

"What are you doing here fake fairy?"  

 

 

Ahhh :( I really feel like this chapter isn't as good as the others :( I'm so sorry to my readers and I hope your not TOO disappointed. I PROMISE that next chapter I will definately make better and way more interesting ;D so please don't lose faith in me just yet and continue to read...Please? :3

BTW I added a character intro for He Yi also :) Don't hate me for including her in this story (please DON'T KILL ME!! >.<) and one last thing!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! WOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!! 2011!!!!!!!!