Part 8

Hopeless in love

The sun almost hid its rays behind the horizon, turning this long day into evening, Nayeon admired them from her window, thus extending her freedom, before leaving her office and again plunge into madness.

Two hours for personal affairs had long exceeded her limit, with her sleep she herself violated it. But she didn’t care, for such order fresh brains are needed, with their help you can look at the problem from a new angle and possibly find another, more rational solution.

And most importantly, don't focus only on your idea, Nayeon, listen to the rest. Don't take everything on your shoulders.

- I need strong coffee and something to eat - I heard the first promises of my stomach, Nayeon turned away from the darkened window, walked around the office, approaching the door, began to open it. “I don’t want to return to this turmoil,” she complained to herself, decisively pressing the handle and throwing open the doors, quickly leaving her office.

She was greeted by a familiar "bee" atmosphere. All employees knew their business perfectly, so they prepared their workplace, removing everything unnecessary on the table, leaving only what would be necessary in the following days and nights.

A cup of hot coffee appeared in front of her eyes, and a bag of delicious nutritious food was placed in her hand.

- Nayeon-unnie, where have you been for an hour? - Too loud for a person who just woke up, Sana's joyful voice sounded.

- We checked the ladies' room, the roof and the spare room, you were not there - Momo's curious voice sounded from the other side, it was she who gave her food. “We already had dinner, this is your share,” she added, still waiting for an answer.

- Are you all right, Nayeon-unnie? You look sleepy - Mina's sweet, quiet, refreshing voice brought to the senses, returning back to the earth, it became a source of living nutrient moisture, which Nayeon needs so much at the moment.

- I slept in my office for this whole hour - I immediately answered all three, shifted awkwardly from their glances, showed an innocent smile with only my lips. - Thanks for the food, you are the best - retreated back to her office, but did not have time to completely close the doors, three girls followed.

- Nayeon-unnie, so what's the plan? - Momo asked, sitting down on a chair, hugging the back of the chair with her hands, resting her chin on her hands.

- Who is the customer? How long will it take this time to create a masterpiece? - Sana inquired, sitting down on the sofa, opening the packages and carefully caring for her older friend and boss all rolled into one.

- A very famous company, I won't name it yet, the fact is that the president of this company wants to give a first-class gift for his bride. This is not official, I had to find out everything myself.

- Have you contacted him? When did you have time?

-Not me, Soyeon asked, it turns out she knows the guy who works there. This guy turned out to be close to the president. That's cool, right? - Silently thanking Sana for the filled plate of food, Nayeon said, carefully sitting down on the sofa, picking up her legs.

- Nayeon-unnie, be careful, let me - Seeing how Nayeon barely balances with food, sits comfortably on the sofa, Mina said, holding the plate so that it does not fall on the girl.

Their hands touched, Nayeon blushed but quickly covered it up with a wide smile and wink. Just don't faint, Nabong. It's a simple touch. Nothing more.

- Thank you, Mina - giving that plate of food, she sat down comfortably, then took it back to herself, putting it on her knees.

- Really lucky - looking out the window, at how the sky becomes dark, Sana agreed. What petals will we use? she asked melancholy, more and more fascinated by the last glimpse of the burgundy horizon, which had completely disappeared.

- I thought about jasmine or sakura. This fragrance is more suitable for the description of a girl who will accept a gift - wiping the corners of her lips with her fingers, chewing food, Nayeon shared her ideas.

- Take a napkin - Mina took care of her again, passing the napkin that was in the bag, but seeing that the older friend did not know where to put her ketchup-smeared fingers, and besides, her legs were numb to sit in one position, she added: - Sit down, unnie - she stretched herself and wiped the remnants of ketchup from her lips, and then wiped her soiled fingers. -Here, - Mina smiled amiably, returning to her cup of hot tea, taking two small sips.

-You're the best, Mina, thank you, - Nayeon said in a semi-conscious state, trying to remember what they had been talking about up to this point. Focus, Nayeon, you must hold on. Don't smile so stupidly and don't you dare faint! It's just a friendly concern. No more.

- Sakura? So, we didn’t have almost anything from this fragrance left, we used all the stocks in the last collection – Momo returned to the topic of conversation, smiled at Mina with a hint when their eyes met.

-We didn’t use everything, there are some left, but even if we don’t have enough, I already sent Mingji to Japan for goods. I thought of everything, girls, don't worry, we will make this order.

-When you’re with us, we can handle everything, - Sana flattered herself, noticing the looks of her girlfriend and Mina, and in order to check some information known only to her, Sana sat closer to Nayeon, put her head on her shoulder while her arms were firmly hugged her around the waist.

-Don't up, Sana, I won't let you relax, we'll work until we're done, - Nayeon shoved her away, not quite realizing why the girl so unexpectedly showed affection for her.

- So where do we start? - Pouting, but chuckling to herself, when she saw the look on Mina's face, Sana moved away from her older friend, winking at Momo.

-Now we’ll eat, I’ll tint my lips, I’ll take plans for the week, we’ll go out into the hall and convene a team briefing, - Nayeon listed, stringing food on a fork, the last one left in the box.

A signal beeped on the table, Nayeon silently asked Momo to accept the call, she approached, pressed the loudspeaker, everyone in the room heard the company guard:

- Miss Im, your sister came to you with her friend.

- This is my favorite girl, - Sana exclaimed, jumping up and running out of the office, Momo behind her, both of them did not close the doors behind them, so those who remained there heard their happy squeal:

- Dahyun, you've come! Come on, come on, are you long? Why? Stay with us for the night, if it's cold we will warm you, no doubt, our bodies are very hot at night.

- What the hell? - Arching an eyebrow in mockery, Nayeon quickly exchanged glances with Mina, who spread her hands, smiling good-naturedly.

Nayeon was about to get up to see what her little sister had been holding up for so long, when DaHyun herself entered her office, fanning herself with papers, hiding her flushed face behind them. Chaeyoung, who followed, furrowed her brows, biting her lower lip in displeasure while her hands were hidden in the pockets of her jeans. Sana and Momo brought up the rear with happy faces.

- How delicious it smells - DaHyun in the aroma of the air in the air, approached her sister, sat down next to her, looked at the empty food boxes. - Isn't there another one?

- I'm sorry, Dubu, if I knew that you were halfway here, you left - hugging and pulling her younger sister to her, Nayeon said upset. – Are you home already? How long are you.

- Tired, unnie, these models exhausted me today, but tomorrow there will be even more work - accepting Nayeon's love and care, DaHyun complained.

-Nothing, nothing, such orders rarely happen, you can definitely do it. - She patted her shoulder, Nayeon kissed her forehead.

- I came for the keys, unnie...

- Ah, yes, I still haven’t given them to you, - Mina remembered, smiling awkwardly when everyone in the office turned to her voice.

After rummaging through her pockets, the girl took out her keys and handed them over to Chaeyoung, who then gave them to DaHyun.

From both sisters They did not escape the fleeting touch of the girls' fingers and their redness on their cheeks. Both Im sisters sighed heavily, swallowing the understanding “you are only a friend.”

- Thank you, Mina-unnie. Well, I went - kissing Nayeon on the cheek, then shaking her forearm, stood up, jingling my keys, almost walked out of the office.

- Sweet dreams, DaHyun, - SaMo said sweet goodbye to her, lovingly looking at the girl. - May you dream about us, - they sang, blowing a playful kiss towards the embarrassed DaHyun.

Chaeyoung stood in front of DaHyun, hiding the girl from them, then somehow faintly smiled at Mina, waving goodbye to her, and left after her.

- And what was it for, Sana, Momo? – after some silence asked Nayeon, glancing at the joyful girlfriends. – How long will it last?

-Until she says yes to our flirting, - Sana giggled softly, wrapping her arms around Momo's waist.

- She's so cute when she's shy, - Momo sighed, holding her girlfriend even closer to her.

- Yes, we really like to see such a DaHyun, - Sana agreed, smiling wider, remembering, -Momo, baby, did you see how she blushed when you tried to kiss her on the cheek?

- Or when you wanted to hug her? If it wasn’t for Chaeyoung intervening, we would have been able to carry out our plan, - she pouted, turning her head to meet an equally pouty Sana.

- Why do you only flirt with DaHyun? Why never with me? - pointed at herself, Nayeon inquired as she walked over to her desk, rummaging through her papers to find another printout with a set weekly work plan.

Her gaze was fixed on the table, so she didn't notice how Mina tensed up and how SaMo conspiratorially winked at each other.

- I'm sorry Nayeon-unnie, but you're not as cute as DaHyunie. In addition, we tried many times, but you turned out to be so thick-skinned that we left the idea - frankly confessed to SaMo. - If you want us to…

- No! Don't negotiate! – raised her hand, looking frightened at the girls that imperceptibly for her reached a very close distance. - No, no, it’s convenient for me already - she shook her head negatively, deviating from persistent kisses, her gaze settled on Mina, seeing her salvation in her, turned to her: - Mina, save me!

- Minari will not save you, you are in our power Nayeon-unnie, - the girls joked, their lips getting closer and closer to her face, they almost broke her resistance when they heard the loud sound of a falling glass.

The girls jumped in fright and looked back at the broken glass and the black puddle on the floor.

- I accidentally - Mina sat down and began to collect fragments, her ears burned eloquently, - continue. I'll try to be quieter - she added, not looking at the girls, although in the depths of her soul for some reason it was unpleasant. She really didn't like the scene in front of her eyes.

Why did I want to stop them so much? Is this a simple game? Sana and Momo are always so teased, even with me it happened more than once. It's just a game, so why didn't I feel a little sick that I could see the kiss?

- Yes, something got over the desire to continue playing, right Momorin? - instantly retreated away from her boss Sana. - Let me help you - sat down next to a friend, began to help.

- It would be better if you left this class, I'll call the cleaning lady now - Nayeon got worried. - You can get hurt. Mina, Sana, leave this matter - she repeated sternly, seeing that the girls did not listen to her.

-We should probably go with the others, - Momo suggested, taking Sana's hand as she walked out the door first.

- The right decision for the last 10 minutes - Mina agreed, straightening her clothes, about to go out the office door too, but Nayeon held her hand.

- Mina, thank you, you helped me out - thanked Nayeon for the recent, then let go of her hand, folded her arms on her chest: - Usually I manage to control them better.

-They are hard to keep when they enter the playful phase, - Mina said simply, shifting hesitantly, biting her bottom lip. – Shall we go, unnie? – shook her head towards the exit from the office, Nayeon nodded in response.

- Yes, it's time to start work, our Monday is still not over - letting Mina go ahead, pausing a little to admire the girl from behind, taking a couple of deep breaths to calm her pounding heart.

Mina saved me, a small happiness for the whole exhausting day. It may not mean anything to her, but to me. If you only knew, Mina, how happy I am now!

*

- I didn't understand Chaeyoung, what was it at my sister's office? You begged me to take you along so you could talk to Mina-unnie. But in the end, all your focus was on protecting me from Sana-unnie and Momo-unnie. No, of course, don’t misunderstand, I’m flattered, but I could handle it myself. - Going down the elevator, DaHyun asked her silent friend, who, after leaving Nayeon’s office, was all kind of dissatisfied.

-I saw how you could deal with them, - Chaeyoung grunted, biting the tip of her index finger, her gaze still lingering on the yellow button for the 1st floor. - Why do you let them do this to you?

- Fun - shrugged DaHyun - they just play, tease, hone flirting on me. Do not change the subject. Now it's not about me, but about you and Mina-unnie. At this rate, I’ll ask you out faster than you can ask her out, - DaHyun fake laughed, looking at Chaeyoung with false hope, who didn’t seem to listen to her at all.

-It’s good that they’ll be busy all week and so will you, - Chaeyoung muttered under her breath, her words made DaHyun’s heart jump happily in her chest. - But that means that Mina-unnie will also be busy, eh, then one option is to communicate through the phone. Maybe it won't be so awkward? What would you choose a topic for conversation, what do you advise, bro?

- There is a lot to talk about, at least about the order that they will be doing all week. This is how you show her that you are not only interested in a beautiful face - DaHyun's happiness was short-lived, so hiding the truth behind the mask, she suggested a topic.

The elevator opened, they got out, said goodbye to the guards, left the pharmaceutical company.

-I’ll probably go the other way from here, - she waved somewhere behind her, saying goodbye to Chaeyoung in advance, now she wanted to disappear faster in order to suffer in silence. -You don’t need to see off, Chaeng, don’t worry, I’ll write to you as soon as I get home. - she was ahead of the offer to walk together, DaHyun hurriedly said goodbye to the girl.

- Then see you when we see you. Will you text me if you need me for work, boss? – Chaeyoung did not argue, not noticing how detached the girl was trying to be.

Her thoughts were all occupied by Mina, who was very beautiful today, whose fingers felt so soft and warm. Her thoughts were also occupied by thinking about topics for conversation with Mina in the following days, until the moment when they meet in person.

- Of course, Chaeng, bye, - DaHyun said goodbye as she left.

The first hard working day of the week is almost over, it was joyful and sad, pleasant and unexpected. Many sweet moments with those whom the Im sisters loved, little pieces that they will keep in their hearts.

Tomorrow is a new day, no one knows what it will be yet, but hope that it will be better than today.