Part 10

Hopeless in love

- Nabongie, you know what I'm thinking, - propping my chin on my hand, glancing at my older sister, who was carrying a large box of popcorn out of the kitchen.

- What brilliant idea came to my beloved sister? Nayeon asked as she sat down next to DaHyun, putting the popcorn on the table, where there were already other dishes with different food and drinks.

- We need to go on a date, - she said simply, taking the popcorn between her fingers and popping it into . We need to unwind and put our thoughts in order.

- I thought that our thoughts are in order - Nayeon said, wiping her hand from fat, taking the remote control from her sister's knees and turning on the TV.

- We are now fixated on MiChaeng , on their dates, on their feelings. We need to think about ourselves - DaHyun tilted her, sitting comfortably on the couch, carefully watching the films that were displayed on the screen.

- You say that like you already know who we're going to have a date with. - Nayeon smiled as she flipped through the movies until she found what she was looking for. - How do you like this film? Romance.

- Not tonight, unnie. I want something from fantasy or action. You are right, today, in my freedom, I searched the Internet and found one site. Blind Date site, mouth full of popcorn, DaHyun said, then reached for the popcorn, placed it between herself and Nayeon, adding, - I applied for the two of us, and “no” is not accepted.

- Yes, I'm not arguing, I just don't understand why such determination - spread her hands to the side, Nayeon answered, turning on the found film (after an affirmative nod from her younger sister).

- It's simple, Nabong, they've been dating for two months, all these two months we've only been doing what we helped them, completely forgetting about our heart. If we continue like this, we will completely lose ourselves, we will become just shadows of the MiChaeng pair . Enough. From tomorrow, we will try to do so in order to start a new life with a new relationship. And now, let's watch the movie, Momo-unnie said that they liked it very much.

Nayeon knew she couldn't change DaHyun's mind, so she decided to follow whatever her sister said.

Maybe she's right, it's time to change your life? We should try to forget about Mina, although I think that it is impossible to forget her.

**

JiHyo was the first to know about the date, as she happened to be at the place where Nayeon met the girl. She saw them from afar, across the road, and couldn't believe her eyes. During the months that they had known each other, JiHyo constantly scolded the Kim sisters, told them to forget about MiChaeng at least for a moment and move on. Then, with her keen eyes, the girl immediately determined her feelings towards the duet, knowing full well that their falling in love would be their death, and so it happened.

The sisters Kim fell in love.

Mina and Chaeyoung too, just not in them.

She worried about the hearts of her friends, but she could do nothing but scold or instruct on the true path.

To be honest, JiHyo thought that the Kim sisters were a running option, but it turns out she was wrong.

Now unwittingly witnessing Nayeon's date with a blonde (a gorgeous girl with a y aura), JiHyo smiled as her heart eased.

With a light heart, she accidentally blurted out in front of Mina and Chaeyoung when, by sheer chance, she met them at a cafe where she went for a cup of coffee after work:

- I saw Nayeon-unnie with a beautiful blonde, they looked so cute together. If it wasn't for their date, I would have teased unnie.

The next day, JiHyo was once again an unwitting witness to a date, only now DaHyun was with a black-haired girl with cute dimples when she laughed at some jokes.

And again, honestly, not on purpose, she blabbed in front of a couple of MiChaeng , again in the same cafe, during lunch:

- DaHyun looked so happy next to that girl. She looked like a model, although I had never seen her in a magazine photo.

There is nothing unusual for friends, hearing that their friends are dating, going on a date, starting a romantic relationship.

For MiChaeng, such news should not bother them, absolutely not.

They should be happy for them, and not beg, casually asking JiHyo about the appearance of potential girlfriends.

And they certainly shouldn't have strange dreams in which they cling to the hair of potential girlfriends, threaten to kill them, and then passionately kiss Nayeon / DaHyun on the lips.

**

Chaeyoung did not want to see, but when she arrived at the studio early in the morning (DaHyun had written to her the day before asking her to come early to shoot one material), opening the doors of the photographer's office, she froze in the doorway, watching a passionate (absorbing) kiss between DaHyun and some unfamiliar brunette in tight shorts.

Mina did not want to see or even meet the one who went on a date with Nayeon, although over the next week Momo and Sana buzzed all ears about the beauty that Nayeon met at the entrance from work.

And yet, she had to enter one day at an awkward moment when, having opened the door to Nayeon's office without asking, she found a black-haired girl leaning over the chair where Nayeon was sitting in a half-dressed state.

“Sorry,” she managed to exclaim before running out the door, fanning herself with the documents she came with.

It only got worse as the Kim sisters brought potential girlfriends to a friendly reunion on a special Friday afternoon.

A special Friday day was called the day when all 9 girls could gather in one place and have a great time, at the same time planning the next trip together.

Only the nine of them should have been present here, no strangers.

Still, Mina listened with annoyance to yet another not-so-funny incident in Nayeon's "date" life, marveling at how the older girl could have liked this one.

The face just came out, but the mind does not shine at all. She has a terrible voice, so squeaky, and her laugh is loud, vulgar, and she herself looks like an . You could have dressed more decently since you are going to meet unni's friends! How can she not understand that this only dishonors Nayeon-chan!

Mina glanced around the table, sighing freely at the sight of the same annoyance or disapproval on the faces of the others. Glancing at her girlfriend, Mina smiled, meeting the cheerful eyes of Chaeyoung, who quietly twirled her finger near her temple.

- Baby, I need an inspiring kiss, - Miyeon said flirtatiously , breaking off her story, turning to the bored Nayeon, cupping her face in her hands and pulling her to her kissed her lips. I'll be right back, don't be bored! - fluttered out from behind the table, hastily left the hall.

From the other end of the table, DaHyun's "date" (Chaeyoung really couldn't figure out why her boss liked this girl, she has no zest in her opinion), also kissed DaHyun in front of everyone, singing sweetly:

- Don't be bored, dear, I won't be long.

The Kim sisters sat closer to each other, whispered something among themselves, missing the most interesting thing that was going on around them, and that the rest of their friends did not miss.

The faces of MiChaeng darkened;

Sana quietly so that no one could hear, pressed tightly against Momo and whispered:

- Don't you think our Minari is jealous?

Momo shuddered at the proximity of her girlfriend, lost her bearings for a moment, enjoying the moment, did not immediately answer Sana's question:

- Why is she jealous of Chaeyoung?

Sana let out a chuckle, gently kissed her cheek:

- She's jealous of Nayeon-unnie, love. And Chaeyoung is jealous of our Dubu.

Momo still didn't fully understand what her friend was getting at, but carefully looked at the facial expressions of Mina and Chaeyoung.

- But why should they be jealous of them when they have each other? They have been dating for more than a month, Minari only talks about Chaeyoung and talks day after day. She's in love with... - Momo interrupted her own thoughts when she saw how Mina's eyes warmed up.

Momo followed the direction of her friend's intimately soft gaze and sighed.

Nayeon now smiled at DaHyun's words, and then laughed out loud, then pouted as she looked at her little sister piteously.

For all the seconds that the laughter lasted, Mina did not take her eyes off Nayeon, as if holding her breath and time.

Momo looked back at Chaeyoung with interest, wondering what she thought about her girlfriend, who looked at Nayeon with such a look.

But Chaeyoung, in turn, identically repeated the look of Mina, only turned to DaHyun.

She met Sana's loving eyes again, silently asking what was happening here, Sana, a kind soul, replied:

- Let's just watch, baby.

**

Nayeon patiently waited, tapping her fingernail on the surface of the table, when the girl she had a blind date with deigned to come to the cafe where they had agreed to meet.

They've been dating for a week, but Nayeon still couldn't remember the girl's name.

Honestly, she even vaguely remembered what the girl looked like.

It seems that her hair is black, the style is "square", very bright and provocative clothes, the same make-up. Her voice was always hoarse, stoned, her perfume could not drown out the smell of cheap cigarettes.

Yes, the choice is so-so, but at least she didn’t say “no” right away.

Although, even if she said no, Nayeon would not be upset.

Her date liked to be late, not to linger, namely to be late.

The cafe where they were supposed to meet half an hour ago was next to her office.

They were supposed to meet early in the morning to discuss further plans for the coming weekend.

Of course, she could have called, but during the whole week of dating, Nayeon did not even have the thought of a “date” phone number.

We need to discuss, because if they don’t have anything planned, then Nayeon with a light conscience will go for the weekend to Jeongyeon’s house, where they agreed to make a barbecue (more precisely, she promised to make Jeongyeon, according to the recipe of her chef father).

Barbecue weekend with Mina or two boring days with a "date", guess which Nayeon would choose?

The same situation arose with DaHyun. But unlike her older sister, she at least remembered the name "date". Chaeyoung. Same name, just a different face and a different character. Definitely this Chaeyoung was taller and not as creative as Chaeng.

The sisters Kim exhaled, each of them thought:

Stop thinking about someone who doesn't belong to you. Mina/Chaeyoung has a girlfriend and she's not you. Better take care of yourself and oh... oh, there she is.

- Baby, I'm sorry that I was late, traffic jams - the sisters Kim heard, not really believing in this excuse, but they lowered everything, smiling affably, inviting them to sit next to them.

**

The headache was ripping apart the brain, the pills didn't help, walking in the fresh air didn't help either, so Chaeyoung did what she thought was best, hiding under the covers, closing her eyes, trying to sleep.

She was almost falling asleep when her phone beeped, announcing an unread message. She would not have raised it, and would not have brought it to her eyes in order to read, if it were not for the first name that sounded on the list.

She sat up abruptly, grimacing with a headache, leaned back against the pillow, unblocked her phone, opened their general chat:

@tofudubu _

I can only show up towards the end of Saturday.

@bunnyNaYeon _

Saturday is busy, but Sunday, maybe somewhere closer to dinner, I'll be free.

So I can make it in time for dinner. How is that an option?

@angelChewy _

The fact that you will be there is already happiness.

@momoJang _

If you want, we can pick you up at your convenience and bring you to Jeongyeon.

@sanatang _

What are your general plans?

@tofudubu _

I'm sorry, but it's better to send us the address, we'll get there somehow.

@LegoJeong

Why? Oh, maybe you won't be at home?

@GodJiHyo

Of course not at home, because they have dates with their girls, stupid. Am I right, unnie?

@bunnyNaYeon _

Let's better when we meet, JiHyo.

@mingvin (online )

@daykichaeng (online , typing something)

We won't be bored if you don't come

(to soften what was written, she put a smiley face with a wink).

@tofudubu _

I have to go, see you on Saturday. (leaves chat)

@bunnyNaYeon _

I have a call on the line, see you later, bye (leaves chat).

@sanatang _

Minari why didn't you ask Nayeon-unni to come earlier?

She would definitely listen to you.

@mingvin _

Nayeon-unnie will come when she can, I can't tell her what to do.

@angelChewy _

The main thing is that they will, then we will ask them what the matter is.

@LegoJeong

Then I'll be waiting for you on Saturday morning. You don't need to buy anything, everything is at home. Just come.

@momoJang _

We won't miss this weekend for anything.

 

The headache after talking with the girls only intensified and Chaeyoung would not even admit to herself that this pain had something to do with DaHyun's words.

Mina put her phone down on the bed and closed her eyes, trying to ignore Nayeon's words. After all, if she starts discussing them, she will come to the conclusion that she will be with that girl all Saturday. And maybe their date will go well, then Nayeon just won't come, referring to the fact that he wants to spend all the time there.

Why is it so important to me whether Nayeon/DaHyun comes to Jeongyeon or not? Why do I keep thinking about where she is or who she is with now? I have someone because of whom I have to worry, constantly think about meeting her. I don't understand, then what's happening to me?