Part 3

Hopeless in love

In the afternoon, they decided to stretch themselves a bit, so to speak, to show their strength of mind and sports competition. We decided to play volleyball. Divided into teams:

DaHyun -Mina- Tzuyu - Jeongyeon .

Nayeon - Chaeyoung -Momo-Sana.

Jihyo volunteered to be a judge. With her loud voice and a whistle is not needed.

Having consulted, each of the teams determined who would be responsible for what.

DaHyun / Nayeon got to be forwards, that is, to stand in the right corner and start the game.

Mina / Chaeyoung - they stood in the middle near the net itself (surely any player must throw a ball towards them in order for the point to be counted).

Wishing each other good luck, the game began.

Cries were heard here and there, but there was no sense whatsoever. The DaHyun team was losing, when they cleared the score, the Nayeon team started to lose. The girls, except for two of them, immediately realized what was happening, following the enchanted look. DaHyun was distracted by Chaeyoung , Nayeon by Mina .

“ Unnie , can I have you for a second ?” Kim's younger sister asked for a timeout, calling Nayeon to her , hugging her by the shoulders, taking her a little further from the field so that no one could hear them. “Let's play our point, Nabongs,” she immediately suggested, looking at her slyly.

- And we will not scare them? - quietly glanced at the waiting Mina / Chaeyoung . - if we play our game, they will see us from other sides, and after that they may not want to communicate with us at all.

“They don’t communicate with us anymore,” she waved her hand, frowning. - Their eyes are only on each other, although it was assumed that my sister and I would look after them. But I see a very different picture.

“Yes, you're right here,” Nayeon nodded , still clutching her lower lip thoughtfully. “You want to show what we really are.”

- Rebels, the coolest girls, we will make it so that, even during the game, their heart beats and they only look at us with full admiration and adoration - she clenched her hand in a fist and resolutely tuned .

- So let's do it! Nayeon said forcefully , squatting down, offering her sister's hands, and when she accepted and sat down opposite, they began to rise slowly, very slowly, saying one word:

- We will do it!

First, quietly, almost in a whisper, then louder, louder and louder, until they shouted with all the strength of their lungs.

- Unnie good luck!

- Good luck tofu!

- We will do it!!!

- Girls, we begin to play our point ! - Returning to the team, the sisters of Kim proclaimed.

- Just not that - the others did not agree, meeting the puzzled looks from Mina / Chaeyoung . - Get ready, the real game will begin now. Kim's sisters are serious. And when they are, then we will play until one of us just surrenders. Our point means a voluntary defeat of the team - explained to them, becoming in position, since Mina I am my body.

***

A little later that day, throughout the forest sounded:

- Last serve! Catch it, unnie !

- Serve! I accept! - shouted in response the same perky voice.

After that, all the birds that lived in the forest house started up, and flew up when they suddenly heard a loud pop. Some bird flying past playing people scouted the situation. It was she who first saw how, after the cry, the blonde girl jumped up, tossing the ball, clapped her hand on it. This strong cotton scared all the inhabitants of the forest.

She could not understand what was interesting here, toss the ball, toss it over the net to be repulsed by other people with the same strong serve. The bird decided to watch a little, so she sat down on a branch of an approximate tree and carefully began to observe. The bird saw that with each sudden movement, people began to tire of it, already missing the balls and not really kicking them, but what was most striking was the two girls from different flanks, who spared themselves and hit that ball.

And where did they get so much strength? - the bird asked herself, shaking her head, flashing her brothers who joined her.

Who wins? Light or dark? - other birds asked with interest.

It’s not yet clear that they are both very strong, but I think that this will really be the last blow, ”said that bird, preparing herself for a strong and powerful clap.

The bird turned out to be right, a bright head, i.e. DaHyun , breathing heavily, sweating with sweat and just feeling terribly tired throughout her body, was ready to deliver the last blow to the “gate” of the enemy. Dark head i.e. Nayeon , the same as her younger sister, was preparing to accept and repulse, and finally score the long-awaited “goal”.

From the look sent from the younger sister , she realized that she was ready for the last fight. Then she turned her eyes to Mina , to her girls, who sat down on the grass effortlessly, from them she saw that they had already surrendered. To somehow cheer up, the girl jumped up and began to dance a rather strange dance, silently begging her sister to help her.

- Ha ha ha, Nabongs - unnie , I remember this dance - DaHyun picked up , making familiar movements that they came up with as a child. “Ha ha ha girls, why are you so sluggish, have the whole fuse gone?” Have you really given up? Where is your fighting spirit? Where is your zeal to be first? Forward! - She raised her hands up, making a turn and moving her eyebrows. - Now we will definitely break through, we will definitely win! Well, repeat everything after me - not hearing their protests, raised everyone and made them dance, singing strange words after her. - Well done, Chenghi, Mina - unnie , everything works out fine for you!

“Ha ha ha,” a cheerful laugh sounded in the clearing, driving away drowsiness and fatigue. Everyone laughed at the sisters that they did this, not at all embarrassed.

- Uh, are you ready to continue now? Now, for sure, there will be the last pitch. Nabongs and I ourselves were exhausted, therefore, let's finish everything honestly, after a rest.

- Let's - everyone agreed, gathering the last forces, preparing for the last game.

The ball was thrown.

The ball has been accepted.

The cheering screams sounded for another 10 minutes, until DaHyun's hand hit hard, leaving a red handprint, and it hit the ground, right in front of the surprised Nayeon .

The ball rolled, jumping, slowly stopping near the tree where the birds were sitting, gently hitting the trunk, scaring them.

The silence did not last long, loud

- HURRAH!!! We did it!!! We won!!!

spread throughout the area, again frightening the birds.

As soon as these words were spoken, DaHyun dropped to the ground exhausted , almost collapsed on her, covering her eyes:

- God, I think I feel bad. I haven’t played like this for a long time, and I don’t remember that we did our best , right, unnie ? - turned her head to the older sister lying nearby.

“Yes, it was a cool game, little sister,” she said, barely audible, laying her hand on her arm. “Do you think they saw us?” - asked with her lips, but DaHyun understood.

“I hope so, otherwise we have a problem,” she said with a sad laugh. - I won, unnie .

“Yes, and now our personal score is equal,” Nayeon agreed . “Proud of you, Tofu, you grew up.”

***

After a short rest, we decided to start preparing for the night, again set up tents, bring branches for the fire, etc. Jihyo , who took on the leadership role, immediately determined who would take what responsibilities:

- Kim’s group is responsible for the firewood — pointing to the two girls , Jihyo said , seeing that they were still lying on the ground and not moving. - Stop lying, the ground is already cold, catch a cold! Hey, I told someone - climb! - Jihyo shouted in a commanding voice , frightening everyone except those two who, after being heard, only turned over onto the other side and sniffed a little louder. And then everyone realized that they were sleeping.

- Ha, I can’t believe it, they fell asleep - approaching them, she smiled at Chaeyoung . She squatted down to gently wake DaHyun when her eyes noticed pretty red marks across the snow-white skin of her friend’s hands. - What is it? - leaned closer, gently pressed, heard a mournful squeak from DaHyun , worried. - Unnie - gently pushing her, - unnie , wake up.

- hm? - sleepily rubbing her eyes, opening them, and meeting at such a close distance a worried dark look from Chaeyoung , suddenly jumped up. - Chaengie ? What ... oh ... it hurts ...

- It hurts where? Chaeyoung asked carefully , not taking a step back, very carefully taking her hands in hers, presenting them to her eyes. “ Unnie , all your hands are red, and in some places they have begun to darken and turn into bruises.”

- Oh - everything that DaHyun was able to squeeze out of herself , keenly feeling the closeness of her friend.

“Hey, DaHyun ie , you’ve overdone it today - running up to them and sitting down next to you, inadvertently being Nayeon , Sana took one hand from Chaeyoung’s hands , carefully examining the marks. “You brought bruise ointment with you?”

- Bruises? - Nayeon was worried , pushing aside Sanu and sitting down next to her sister. “Tofu, you're all red!”

- I see it myself, Nabongs- unnie , you are the same - pointing out the same footprints from the ball in the same places where they were in contact. “This is terribly painful,” she complained to her, tears of self-pity began to show in her eyes. - Unnie ...

- Don’t cry, I brought the ointment with me, now I’ll smear it , and everything will pass - I was going to get up to go to my backpack, but I couldn’t, my legs buckled, and if not for the caring hands of Mina , who was standing quietly next to her, she would has fallen. - Mi - Mina .

- Sit here, Nayeon - unnie , I'll bring everything. Just tell me where to look - gently her hair, holding her until she sits.

“Thank you, right pocket ...”

“Everything will be fine, DaHyun - unnie , it's just an ointment, I’ll gently rub it into your skin and you’ll feel better”, Chaeyoung tried to persuade , holding a small jar of canopy, using her finger to collect the ointment and bringing it to the red bruise on her friend’s forearm, which bursting out from the holding hands of Sana, who was sitting behind her.

“It hurts, it hurts me,” she complained, sticking out her lips like a young child, her reddish eyes begged for mercy.

- Shh, unnie , it's just an ointment, well, do you want me to blow on your wound? - remaining in all seriousness so as not to laugh out loud, Chaeyoung, not hearing a negative answer, leaned forward and gently blew on a bruise.

The opposite girl instantly calmed down somehow, did not resist.

Has this really worked? Chaeyoung thought , opening her eyes, which she had previously closed, looked at her boss's stunned girlfriend. - She's charming, so oh sweet baby .

- You see, everything is fine, it doesn’t hurt at all, right? - gently rubbing the ointment, Chaeyoung asked , nodding towards Sana'a, giving her a sign that she could let go. She did as she was told, stepping back to be trapped by Momo, who hugged her tightly and pulled her to her, kissing her gently on the lips.

“Doesn't ... hurt ...” wiping tears, DaHyun agreed , still shuddering at how Chaeyoung's fingers touched her.

God, I act like a child! And how after that, Chaeyoung fall in love with me ?! Maybe my sister will do better than mine? - turned her head towards the squeak, met the imploring look of Nayeon , fixed on Mina, that, having put a jar of ointment on the ground, she brought the ointment to her hand and began to rub, calming it with gentle words. - M-yes, how all the same we are alike! Nabongs is a child like me ... We are hopeless ...

After the bruises were treated, Jihyo allowed them to go into the tent and rest, thereby giving their duties to Mina / Chaeyoung .

- No! We can! We ourselves will bring firewood for the fire! - shouted Nayeon / DaHyun , jumping from the ground, pretending that they were not terribly hurt.

- Unnie ! - Mina / Chaeyoung was told in an orderly tone , than surprising others. - Come on in a tent and relax! - pointing a finger towards their tents. “We can handle it faster than you - seeing that they lowered their heads, still not doing what they asked, went up to them, gently nudged them.” “We also have to work our bread.” We worry about you, silly women.

- Worry? - they asked in unison, in the thoughts of their friends at that moment it flashed: “They are so obvious!” But apparently only their friends saw their love look, because Mina / Chaeyoung did not notice him at all. They thought: “Yet they are such children! Very nice!"

- Yes, we are worried. So to execute the order - lively! - patted gently on the hair, again pushed towards the tents, and laughed loudly when they watched how they quickly ran (if you can hardly move your legs, you can call them quickly) to the tents. - So, Jihyo is unnie , we will do everything now. As we walked here, we noticed a few dry branches, so we'll go pick them up.

“Good, just not there long.” In the meantime, we'll have dinner.

***

“They are in their own world again, so what do we do, Nayeon - unnie ?” - peering from behind the opening of the front door in the tent, DaHyun asked sadly . - Our efforts were in vain, Chaeyoung did not see and did not understand me.

- It seems to me that Mina considers me a child, not an adult girl. After that incident, she treats me like a little sister - she sighed Nayeon , passing warm clothes to her sister, the first to crawl out of the tent. “They forgot to wear warm clothes again.”

- Unnie ... tonight ... what do you think ...

“Yes, we think the same way, Tofu,” she ran a hand over her face, hiding her tears from her eyes, and climbed out of the tent first. DaHyun followed, holding a warm sweater and jacket.

The closer to the fire, the clearer it became, and the clearer it was seen that so far these two had not noticed. They are already in love, and not far off, when it comes to their heart a difficult choice - to help or to go aside.

***

The night repeats the previous night, with only one difference - inside this tent is cold, uncomfortable and lonely, although my sister lies next to her.

We could not fall asleep. Because, closing our eyes, we saw smiling faces, and lips connecting in kisses.

***

We got up early. Again. Without saying a word, they ran. We had to leave in order to cool off, although we ourselves fled from all legs to keep ourselves warm.

Running back to a fairly distant distance, we shouted, shouted, not embarrassed by each other, because we know our hearts.

After we sat embracing, returning masks to faces, covering our eyes with a friendly veil, our voices, the only thing that sounded in the morning silence:

“Are we wrong again?”

“I'm afraid our mistake will last for many years until we forget about it.”

“What shall we do, unnie ?”

- Be a girlfriend for the one we love. And always take care of her happiness. Can you handle it, Tofu?

“And you, Nabongs?”