Part 11

Hopeless in love

Mina decided to focus on Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung, in turn, began to pay more attention to Mina.

Their date went from "just going out" to "staying at home and watching a movie".

The catch was that when they were alone, their dialogue ended up focusing on certain Kim sisters. Without realizing it, MiChaeng discussed their possible weekend trip.

Will they come or stay with their girls in the city?

***

The same question was asked by the Kim sisters as they settled comfortably in the living room of their house to play the game. They decided for a long time to buy or not to buy a game console, but everything was decided by the word of Sana, when she, as if by the way, said:

- I heard from Mina that she and Chaeyoung lost this game all evening. Mina complained that they couldn't complete one level.

The Kim sisters, who have always been opponents in game consoles, bought one for herself on the same day, or rather evening, returning home.

They justified themselves by the fact that they became interested, in fact, each of them perfectly understood why they bought it.

So, going back to now, the Kim sisters easily reached the hard level.

They had to defeat him, so that later they could share their experience with MiChaeng .

They planned to do it on the weekend to somehow impress their loved ones.

But their plans were disrupted, after meeting with potential girlfriends, that “real girlfriends with kisses” turned from “acquaintance by ad”.

- Nabong, tomorrow what time are you meeting with...uh...remind her name? - DaHyun asked with an awkward smile, pulling back a little to make room for her older unnie.

- I just call her baby. Her name is so strange, it's hard to remember. Not like your girlfriend's - Nayeon nudged her side with her elbow, smiling at her with her eyes.

- Nothing funny, unnie. You can't imagine how difficult it is! I so often wanted to call Chaeyoung "baby" - pouted DaHyun, looking at the credits of the game, where again they were told how to play it.

- Ha-ha-ha, so "baby" you constantly wanted to shout "stand up straight, turn your head and look at the camera as if you were dating me"? - Nayeon burst out laughing, vividly imagining this picture in front of her.

- Listen, unnie, are we going or not for the weekend to Jeongyeon-unnie? - DaHyun translated the topic, tuning in to the game, although she didn’t really participate there.

- We wanted to get to know our friends better, Dubu , - said Nayeon, turning to her younger sister. - You were the first to suggest this.

- Offered - DaHyun nodded with a sigh, - but we haven't been out with the rest of the girls for so long.

- That's right, we only know that we meet at work. Still, we need to think about our girls first, because we just started dating them. We need to get to know them better, maybe we can love them in our own way – it felt like Nayeon was not coaxing DaHyun, but herself.

So we're not going, are we? Realizing what her wise sister was getting at, DaHyun was still a little disappointed.

- When are you meeting her, Dubu ? - Nayeon asked without answering her sister's question.

- When? Now - she reached for her phone, opened her notes, read: - Saturday, 8:00, at the bus stop opposite the central park. Chaeyoung said that she wants to show her secret place, which has a wonderful view. As she shared, she often went there to clarify her feelings and thoughts. When is your scheduled date?

- The same as yours, only we meet near the cafe, next to the central park. The same wants to show me something – Nayeon shrugged her shoulders, returning to the game. She said that our date would last all weekend. She thinks I'll fall in love with the place she's taking me to and won't want to leave.

- Uh-huh, my girlfriend said word for word that yours, -DaHyun sighed as she focused on the game. - It means that we didn’t reassure the girls about our trip in vain, - DaHyun stated the fact, starting to play.

- Let's see, Dubu . Hey, you look, now you will be killed, Dubu ! Dodge! Run!

***

Late Friday night, Jeongyeon was shopping for the missing groceries for the upcoming weekend with her friends.

Remembering the last meeting, when they were going to camp in the forest, Jeongyeon then still decided that she would buy everything in advance than later headlong to search the city for what was missing.

Therefore, only therefore, she told the girls that everything is already there and there is no need to buy anything. So it was, well, except for the booze. Jeongyeon came out behind her.

Why late at night?

There was too much to do during the day. To be honest, she even forgot. Arriving home, I reached into the refrigerator for something, my eyes stumbled upon half-drunk red wine. Yes, that's how Jeongyeon remembered.

It's good that there is always a 24-hour supermarket near the house.

Keeping in mind the preferences of her friends, Jeongyeon chose alcohol that was cheaper, but not inferior to expensive wines.

Jeongyeon was about to go to the checkout when she saw the Kim sisters' "friends" entering the store with their arms around. They were laughing at something, their behavior was as if they had known each other for a long time.

Jeongyeon didn't want to follow, it just happened.

At least, that's what she told herself in her mind, while her eyes carefully followed every movement, facial expression, touch.

They definitely met before - she confirmed her thoughts, almost dropping a bottle of wine on the floor of the store, when she saw a very passionate kiss on the lips. “Damn it, how dare they deceive my friends!

It's one thing when you don't like them, it's another when you see how happy your close friends are. Jeongyeon often watched as Nabong smiled at some oddly told "baby" joke. Or how DaHyun looked fondly at "Chaeyoung" when she said something.

The girls are definitely in love.

They finally found someone (as Jeongyeon thought) who agreed to date them.

I have to tell Nabong and Dubu ! I should, but I can't! Aigoo, what should I do?

***

Momo didn't know what to do either. She accidentally saw the "kids" of the Kim sisters entering the love hotel, almost undressing each other with a look, barely keeping her hands to herself.

***

The only question the Kim sisters had when they went to bed late at night, after a long game to the finish, was if they could spare a moment to see MiChaeng for the weekend.

***

Mina, staring at the dark ceiling, lying in her bed, could not sleep. The only question that kept her awake was:

Will I see you tomorrow or Sunday, unnie?

***

Chaeyoung was asleep, but in her dream she didn't stop asking DaHyun a question, looking into the camera lens, posing in front of her:

Will you think about your girlfriend when you talk to me?

***

Saturday morning started like this:

The Kim sisters are chaos because someone (DaHyun) didn't wake up her beloved older sister and now that same sister (Nayeon) was rushing around the house, quickly packing up and eating breakfast on the go. Meanwhile, DaHyun sat quietly at the kitchen table, drinking her coffee while eating the delicious cake she bought in the morning (when she got up on time, with her alarm clock around 6 am).

Momo and Sana - stretching lazily in their bed, eyelids half-closed, and tender, soft kisses with the wish of "baby, good morning."

JiHyo – got up early just as the sun rose over the horizon, slowly gathered herself, chose and ironed the clothes she decided to take on a two-day trip. Breakfast was prepared in advance (yesterday, before going to bed), warmed it up, made myself coffee with leftover biscuits (bought yesterday when I returned home after a part-time job). I neatly put things in a bag, checked, packed a first aid kit (just in case). There was still an hour left before Momo's arrival, so she took out a book (which she began to read from the beginning of the week) and began to read.

Tzuyu - there was no need to worry about getting up earlier, because the girl was already visiting Jeongyeon-unnie. Therefore, the girl slept peacefully in her bed, not caring about anything.

Mina , who fell asleep almost two hours ago, barely woke up. Seeing that the clock showed the time earlier, making sure that she could take another nap, Mina simply rolled over and fell asleep. Woke up because of the continuous phone call, lying on the bedside table. She blindly reached for it, put it to her ear, heard Sana's voice:

- Minari, we'll pick you up in an hour. You have time to go take a shower and check the contents of your travel bag.

Chaeyoung is back from her morning run, which she usually does before work. She needs to always keep herself in good shape. After a quick snack, I looked at the correspondence with other models, texted Mina “good morning”, but have not received a response yet. She checked her bag to see if she had taken everything for two days. After looking at the clock, until the meeting with Momo-unnie, who will pick her up from the bus stop, about an hour more. But I didn’t want to stay at home, so I decided to buy something for the trip, arguing about the need for marshmallows for the fire. Thus, Chaeyoung threw her bag over her shoulder, left the house and slowly went to the store, which was located near the bus stop where she promised to wait.

Jeongyeon was already in the kitchens, skyping with her father for advice on a recipe that would be best before the weekend. Her kitchen, as always, shone with cleanliness and tidiness. She calmly cooked as she liked, concentrated and not distracted by extraneous noises. Soon her friends will arrive, soon you can relax, have fun, have a great time.

***

The clock struck 8 o'clock in the morning.

For each girl, her own start of the weekend began, which was supposed to create new memories.

For the Kim sisters, they looked forward to this trip as an opportunity to give their blind date friends a chance. Those girls who are really interesting to them, for whom the heart lies, are busy and are unlikely to be released in the near future. Trying to make yourself happy, that's what the trip meant.

Earlier (around 07:45), after saying goodbye to each other near the house, promising to call or at least correspond, the Kim sisters went to meet their girls.

***

Nayeon and "baby".

As agreed earlier, they met near the cafe around 8 am. When Nayeon arrived, her "baby" was already waiting, sitting at a table in a cafe, drinking coffee with an ordered bagel. Noticing her, she waved her hand, finished her drink and finished eating in a matter of seconds, leaving the money on the table, ran out of the cafe. The girl was dressed in black breeches, a yellow tight-fitting top and a light shirt. The sunglasses covered her eyes, which were now smiling at her. The name popped up on its own, Nayeon remembered her name:

- Miyeon , I hope I'm not late? - Nayeon joked while taking a kiss on the cheek from the girl.

Miyeon flirted , snuggling closer, not caring about how she looks from the outside.

- So where are we going? - Hugging her around the waist, Nayeon asked.

- Just follow me, my beauty. You will remember our first joint weekend - Miyeon said with heat, kissing her friend on the cheek again, only now her lips were in relative proximity to her lips.

***

Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung was already 15 minutes late, making DaHyun nervous and worried. She herself asked not to linger anywhere along the road, because the bus, with the help of which they will move to the appointed place, arrives at the stop at exactly half past eight in the morning.

It's 8:15 now.

There have been no reports that the date has been postponed. What bothered DaHyun even more, fiddling with the phone in her hand, typing the text herself, but not daring to send.

The wristwatch showed - 8:20, when, finally, Chaeyoung deigned to appear, slowly crossing the traffic light and just as slowly walking towards her.

- Oh, are you here already? she wondered, looking blankly at DaHyun, whose expression was not to be desired. - Why did you come so early, because there is still an hour before our date?

DaHyun bit the tip of her tongue in order not to send her girlfriend away, instead she took an inconspicuous deep breath, said evenly:

- We were supposed to meet here at 8:00, now it's 8:23.

- No, DaHyun , you are mistaken, I wrote to you yesterday that our flight will be postponed to 9:15.

- You haven’t written to me, - DaHyun said in puzzlement, pursing her lips into a thin line and furrowing her brows.

- Did not write? - took out the phone, found their chat, opened it, scrolled through the correspondence, then said  - oh, yes. I didn’t really write. Hm, I don't know why it happened. Forgive me, baby - she took a step closer, hugged her neck, kissed her cheek with a conciliatory kiss. - Since you’re already here, DaHyunie , let’s go get a bite to eat before the trip.

- I had breakfast, but I won’t refuse a cup of chocolate - DaHyun allowed herself to be taken to a cafe, trying to ignore the insult at such disrespect for her.

***

Nayeon and "baby".

The trip took no longer than the allotted time, namely, as Miyeon had approximately warned , 2 hours and a half. For all the time on the bus, they spoke little, mostly each of them doing their own thing. Nayeon looked out the window, admiring the scenery. Miyeon was talking to someone on the phone.

The bus stopped and they got off.

Nayeon is a very romantic girl by nature, she was in awe that Miyeon , who was the first to get off the bus and was waiting for her to get off, would offer her hand to help her get off. The first step on the bus turned out to be higher than expected, and since Nayeon put on a skirt today, instead of jeans, the girl felt uncomfortable when lifting her legs, because the material rolled up almost to her hips.

Vain expectations.

Miyeon was talking to someone on the phone.

Again.

Nayeon sighed and smiled and thanked the guy who came out right behind Miyeon .

- Let's go, baby, we still have to go for about 10 minutes - still resting her eyes on the phone, Miyeon said and went ahead.

Be patient, Nayeon. Give her a chance. We just started dating, so...

- Nayeon-unnie, there is a shop here, and as I remember, they sold very tasty ice cream. Let's go?

- Come on - her heart warmed from the warmth of care from the girl (the day turned out to be stuffy and hot).

***

didn't get off to the best start of the weekend with "Chaeyoung". They barely made it to their bus. Chaeyoung argued, even offended for not believing in her, that they would be in time. Her watch was never slow, "I know all the routes by heart, the bus on this flight was always late, don't worry, baby."

Don't worry, yes, of course. When they approached the stop, their bus closed the doors and began to drive off. Fortunately, one of the passengers saw their desperate waving of their hands.

When they sat down there, it turned out that their seats were different. How is this possible? If you know that you are going to take your girlfriend for a romantic weekend, then it means that you want to spend as much time with her as possible. Now, sitting at the end, near the window, DaHyun doubted whether it was right to “give her a chance”.

In the entire trip, which was approximately 2 hours and a half, DaHyun never received a message from Chaeyoung or even a glance in her direction. No, her girlfriend texted someone all the way.

***

The place where they arrived really fell in love with Nayeon at first sight. Picturesque and colorful. A nice house next to a picturesque green area, a flower meadow, fresh air and the lyrical singing of local birds.

We often come here with my parents. Our private country house, Miyeon joked , opening the doors of the bachelor house, going inside first. “Come in, I’ll show you where my bedroom was,” Nayeon raised her eyebrows, smiling sweetly, throwing things on the floor in the hallway, taking the girl’s hands, and began to lead her up the stairs. You will like the welcome in this house.

- Miyeon , we agreed that we will move slowly. What you're suggesting is inappropriate right now - Nayeon didn't mean to be rude, it's just not natural to suggest something like that when you just started getting to know each other. In addition, Nayeon did not come here for "bed rest".

Miyeon said , still leading the girl to the stairs , without leaving the role of a temptress .

- We can spend it just by talking, getting to know each other better - Nayeon smiled, pausing her step. - Do you have a guest room?

- Yes, there is, but it is not cleaned there - Miyeon said a little offended , climbing the stairs herself. “Follow me, she's on the second floor, right behind my bedroom. We used to have a pantry there, we kept unnecessary things. If it suits me, I'll help with the cleaning after I take a shower and change.

Miyeon's unromantic flirting .

- As you wish - the girl did not insist, going upstairs.

***

The word "romance" definitely doesn't suit her, DaHyun thought to herself as she jumped out of the bus, catching up with "Chaeyoung", who apparently forgot that she came here not alone, but with a friend. - And apparently she absolutely does not admire the beautiful landscapes around.

DaHyun silently followed her, wondering when she would remember the girl she asked out on a date. After 15 minutes, "Chaeyoung" suddenly stopped abruptly, turned around and began to run back when she saw DaHyun walking slowly with a camera in her hands.

- Baby, I'm sorry, please, one of my old friends suddenly wrote to me, she offered me one job. It completely slipped my mind that I brought you here to show you my favorite vacation spot - chattered "Chaeyoung" running up to the girl, clinging to her biceps, blinking innocent eyes. - Now my attention is completely on you, honey - she kissed her cheek, leaving dark red lipstick on her pale skin. - We are almost near my childhood home, let's go.

Apparently I should remove the lipstick myself, and not expect it from her - DaHyun sighed to herself, taking out a handkerchief from her pocket, erasing the traces of lipstick from her cheek.

- If not for the university, I would have stayed here. Although no, I would still move, because all my friends are now in the city. We do not see each other so often, but when we have a free minute, we meet. Ha. Someday I will introduce you to them, you will definitely like them. They are not as boring as yours… oops, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that – “Chaeyoung” realized, but she didn’t regret at all from her voice, apparently she really thought so. “None of your friends understand my subtle humor, baby,” she pouted, then quickly jumped to her friends and all the way as they walked to the designated place, DaHyun patiently listened to stories about them.

It feels like I'm not dating a girl, but an acquaintance with whom we just became friends. It would be better to cancel the meeting, insisting that you can reschedule the trip to another day. Ah, I'd rather do that. Now I would be where I want to be. Next to the one who is happy with the other.

Half an hour later, they finally reached a pretty house in the woods (on the outskirts of the forest), surrounded by tall trees, a fragrant flower meadow and a nearby stream murmuring, competing with the chirping of birds. A secluded corner, just like Chaeyoung said.

- Here we are at the place! I propose to drop things, change into swimwear and rush to the waterfall, plunge into the pleasant cool water. How do you agree, DaHyun?

- I would agree if I knew that swimsuits are needed, Chaeyoung. You didn't warn me.

- Really? Hm. OK. Then I'll run away, while you look around here. I'm fast, okay?

- Can we go together? I'll just sit on the beach and watch, DaHyun suggested , sitting down on the step, putting the camera aside.

- There is a steep slope, it is uncomfortable to sit. You'd better stay here, I'll do it in a moment - Chaeyoung said evasively, looking away.

Without waiting for DaHyun's consent, she ran into the house, leaving the door open, then DaHyun heard a clatter to the top floor, slamming doors, after (10 minutes) Chaeyoung ran out in a bathing suit, throwing a towel over her shoulder, waved her hand, shouting:

- I'm fast, baby! - out of sight.

- Do I have a date? – DaHyun asked rhetorically, getting up from the step, shaking off the dust, she went into an empty house. “Hope at least Nayeon-unnie’s date is going well.”

***

The next day of Saturday for the Kim sisters was a frank nightmare. Their potential girlfriends did everything to make the sisters break up with them. Attempts to balance romance with the feeling of "give them a chance" were unsuccessful.

Nayeon, who secretly hoped that Miyeon would help her clean the room, ended up doing everything herself.

DaHyun offered to make dinner together, but "Chaeyoung" found an excuse not to do it, so all the cooking fell on the guest's shoulders.

An attempt to start a sincere conversation led to the fact that the girls began to tell jokes, funny moments from the childhood of their school friends.

Miyeon and "Chaeyoung" were disgusting.

All attempts at rapprochement with them came to failure and disappointment.

I want to get out of here. I want to spend the rest of the weekend with those who understand me. Who do I have fun with? Tomorrow, I'll find a point of contact and text Nabong / Dubu , ask her how she's doing, and then arrange a trip to Jeongyeon.

***

Sunday morning for the Kim sisters brought an unpleasant revelation related to their potential girlfriends. After accidentally eavesdropping on a phone conversation (although they assured the sisters that the telephone connection did not work here, as there was no Internet, and the only point of contact was in a certain place, "I'll show you later, baby"), the Kim sisters made sure that they better to be alone than with those who deceive them.

The telephone conversation began with the words from "Chaeyoung":

- Darling, I missed you so much. How are you without me?

Nayeon heard the answer from her friend Miyeon , who spoke in a sweet, honey voice to someone:

- I feel bad, I so want to be in your arms. I miss your kisses, your fingers, honey.

The next hit was the name:

- How long are we going to pretend, Chaeyoung? We are only making things worse for them and for ourselves.

- This weekend, Miyeon , only until the end of the weekend, then we will tell them that we will not succeed. Today I did my best to get DaHyun to break up with me.

- I still don't understand why we play with them?

- We don't play, baby, I just don't want them to always think they're losers. You know, honey...

There was no point in listening further, the Kim sisters simply packed their things, wrote a note and left, quietly closing the doors behind them.

- Dubu , I'm coming home, - Nayeon said in a restrained voice when DaHyun answered her on the first ring.

- Me too, Nabongie ,-  she said, holding back her tears, quickening her pace. – Unnie, I don’t understand why…

- You are strong, Dubu , just like me. They don't deserve our tears. So wipe them off, breathe in and out, calm down, - Nayeon said evenly, wiping them off her cheeks herself. - I'll be waiting for you at home with our favorite ice cream and warm hugs. Come back safely, sis .

***

Jeongyeon's weekend got off to a crazy start as visiting girls swooped down on her prepared snacks like hungry locusts, sweeping everything off the plates leaving no crumbs. The only one who didn't participate was Tzuyu, who quietly ate the pancakes Jeongyeon made for her for breakfast. After eating snacks, the girls complained why there were so few and what else to eat.

- If you want more, then do it yourself - putting her hands on her hips, she shouted at them, in particular at Momo, Sana and JiHyo.

The consequences were immediate. Her entire clean, comfortable kitchen had become a mess in the half hour they had prepared snacks, with a mountain of dirty dishes in the sink.

Chaeyoung and Mina, who started cleaning, laughed at how Jeongyeon was chasing the trio with a whisk in her hands.

MiChaeng had fun, but sometimes they just quietly checked to see if Nayeon/DaHyun had written to them.

They did not think about them, definitely not, they spent time together, shyly offering help, furtively catching glances at themselves, with trembling in their hearts touching the place where the hand or lips of a friend touched.

They were happy being with each other.

Simply, from time to time, when the question of the arrival of the Kim sisters was raised, MiChaeng became sad, more and more convinced that they would not come.

Their noisy company seemed empty without the Kim sisters, each of the girls understood, but each of them did everything so that their weekend would not be in vain.

Going to bed, wishing everyone a good night, MiChaeng , not noticeable from his girlfriend and girlfriends, opened his phone, searched for Nayeon / DaHyun contact, began to write messages, where they always ended with the words:

I miss you unnie. Come, it's fun here.

Looking at the end of the message, both Mina and Chaeyoung quickly erased it, covered their scorching face with their palms, turned over to their side with a pounding heart, tried to forget and fall asleep.

My "missing" just means that I miss my friend, nothing more. I have Mina/Chaeyoung. There is no ulterior motive here. Definitely not - they convinced themselves, and in the morning of the next day they woke up with the hope of the arrival of the Kim sisters.