Part 7

Hopeless in love

Nayeon entered her office, wearily sat down on the sofa, put a bag of food next to her, and closed her eyes. She was exhausted from the very morning, especially by the CEO, who began to torment her brain since Sunday evening, when she went to bed.

It's good that he didn't call, I imagine it's an excited voice, squealing into the phone that "I need to urgently make one order." I know these "urgent orders". I bet he got more money in his pocket. And of course, to keep them there, you need to fulfill part of the deal. Greedy bastard. If it were not for the work that I like and that I can do ... Oh, how my head hurts!

Nayeon took a deep breath, opened her eyes, and looked up at the ceiling. Dark shadows completely covered the ceiling, but some of the orange reflections of the setting sun still traced the lines.

Monday never starts with easy questions. I need to get some rest. Just half an hour, this time will be enough.

Nayeon closed her eyes again, relaxed, put the bag of food on the table near the sofa, lay down with her hand under her head, fell asleep.

*

- Minari, you said that Nayeon-unnie called us? – Momo asked, pulling the handle of the door to the office, half-turned looking at her girlfriend and Mina. They approached as soon as Mina called them, but for some reason the doors were closed from the inside. Was she really waiting for us?

- Yes, unnie asked you to come with me - holding a large paper cup with hot coffee, Mina confirmed.

- Then why is it closed? Momo scratched her chin, putting her ear to the door, trying to hear something. - I can not hear anything.

- Probably, Nayeon-unnie went to the ladies' room - Sana suggested, shifting on her feet, then went to the window, trying to see what was inside through the lowered blinds. - Let's go later.

- But what about the coffee, it will get cold and not tasty - honestly, if there was an opportunity, Mina would have stayed waiting for the arrival of Nayeon, but her friends just took the coffee (Sana) and pushed behind her back (Momo) and took her away.

*

Nayeon was awakened by a sudden call, a melody meant only for her little sister. The slightly disoriented girl yawned, pressed the “accept call” button:

- Did something happen, Dahyunie ? she asked through a yawn.

“It's been a very long day today, unnie,” Dahyun complained on the phone.

- It's the same with me - Nayeon got up, went to the table, unwrapped a bag of bread (barely warm), bit it off. - Just a blockage at work. Remember I told you about an important order? So, I’ll have to spend the night at work until I do it - I sighed heavily, bit off another piece, chewed it, swallowed it dry (I didn’t find coffee anywhere, and I was too lazy to get a bottle of water from the mini-bar). - You will have to have dinner and breakfast without me, Dubu.

- Oh, I called on the same occasion, sister - I heard some rustling in the receiver, then a “click-click”. I also have an important order, so I will stay at work longer than usual. And by the way, I already know you won't be home for a week.

- Where? I only recently learned from the CEO. Admit it, Dahyunie , are you spying on me?

- Ha ha, no, unnie. Today, Momo-unnie, Sana-unnie and Mina-unnie came to work with me. They asked for the keys to the house in order to collect clothes and hygiene products for you - said Dahyun, you can clearly hear from her voice that the girl is eating. - But you have everything ready for such sudden cases, so they only have to pick up the finished bag with things. Mina-unnie called me about half an hour ago, said that they took her away and asked about the keys.

- Keys? Oh, from our house, right? Mina did not give me anything - she looked around for a small bunch with a cute tiny bunny. No, I don't see him anywhere.

Probably just didn't have time to give it back. Anyway, Nabongi-unnie, I'm almost free for today, I'll pick them up soon.

- Well I will wait. At the entrance, just say that to me. I'll make sure you get into the company without any problems. Okay, everything about work, now, on a personal level, how is communication with Chaeyoung going?

- As if you don't know yourself, unnie. Just like you and Mina-unnie. Just as "acquaintances or perhaps already good friends." But, you know, as soon as this project is over, in freedom I will immediately begin the onslaught. And I do not advise you to let go of your hands, you understand, Nabongi! We still have a chance to win!

- Yes, this order interrupted all our plans - Nayeon agreed with her sister, throwing the empty pact into the trash, glanced at her watch. - We need to go, Dahyunie, - she sighed reluctantly, straightening her hair, disheveled after sleep, in front of the mirror. - Call text or me later me when you're near me, okay?

- Necessarily. Don't overwork yourself, I love you, sister, bye.

After talking with her younger sister, Nayeon stretched, stretched her stiff shoulders, neck, then went to her desk, rummaged through the drawers, taking out a notebook with bookmarks from the latter. Her work notebook contained all of her research on colors, their meaning, and their compatibility with other components. After flipping through a couple of pages, she found the right section.

- Yes, this is what I was looking for and knew that I could find here. I will change a couple of points, if you hold it in this liquid longer, the flavor will be more intense. Let's make a few samples, then send the customer which scent they like, and then we'll continue. Yes, yes, I will. Now you need to start work, fully concentrate on the order, forget about your feelings for Mina for a while.

*

The dinner passed cheerfully and naturally, after that, it could not be otherwise. Chaeyoung is an interesting personality. You just need to ask the right question (about her hobby of drawing), as the girl was inspired with uncovered enthusiasm. Dahyun liked those moments where, among all this fuss, they were alone. So she could spend hours (usually not interrupting Chaeyoung to enjoy the beautiful moment longer) admiring her cute profile, listening to her voice, watching her eyes sparkle. Sometimes she put in a couple of syllables to let Chaeyoung know that she was all the attention and interested.

But the moments of happiness are coming to an end, returning to a boring reality where work does not like to wait.

And how I would like to stay like this forever! Dahyun thought as she looked away from Chaeyoung's radiant smile for a moment, begging her heart to stop beating so loudly in her chest. When the waiter came over, Dahyun had to interrupt her friend's story and ask for the bill:

-I wish I could sit like this longer, bro, but I’m past my allotted time for lunch. People are waiting for me, I'm sorry - she folded her palms in front of her, winking at her, said Dahyun.

- Don't apologize, it's my fault for delaying you - Chaeyoung dismissed, all her joy turned into routine, although that fervent spark still flickered in her eyes. - Listen, I don’t care what to do now, do you mind if I stay with you, boss? What if you need me - she let out a chuckle, rising from the table, looking at her friend with doubt.

- As you wish - Dahyun shrugged her shoulders, - you can stay - it was impossible to say indifferently, he gave out a blush on his cheeks.

- Hooray! - Chaeyoung rejoiced as she helped Dahyun down the high step while holding her hand. - I'm always curious how you create a miracle from a simple background and light. your whole process. And now the chance has come! I promise, I will be silent, I will answer when you personally turn to me.

- Okay, but look, you promised - pointed at her, slightly squeezing the palm that was still in her hand.

Chaeyoung nodded her head in the affirmative, thought to herself:

The day gets better and better. What is in store for me tonight? Perhaps I will see Mina-unnie again today? I should hint to Dahyun to take me with her after she gets free and goes to Nayeon-unnie. And if it's my lucky day, then maybe I'll ask Mina-unnie on a date, with luck she will immediately answer yes.

*

It seems that I did not have time to set up the camera, light, ask the models to prepare for the photo shoot, as the bright day gradually faded away. How quickly time flies anyway. Chaeyoung, who promised to be silent, was really silent, did not prevent me from concentrating. By the way, where did she go? Did she leave without saying goodbye?

-Dahyun-unnie, - interrupted the voice of the girl Dahyun had been thinking about constantly since the minute she met her.

-Chaengie, I thought you were tired of waiting…- but her sentence was again interrupted by Chaeyoung’s voice as she stood very close to her, looking over her shoulder at the resulting photos of the models:

- Wow! What beautiful photos, unnie! They look so cool with this makeup! You are the best of the best photographer Kim!

- You flatter me, Chaeyoung, but thank you - she was embarrassed, closing the shutter in the camera and hiding it in her bag. – I have already finished, if you are not busy, will you come with me for the keys? It will be boring to get there alone, Dahyun asked casually without looking at her.

- What a question, bro, of course I'll go with you! Besides, I want to see where your sister works and at the same time, if I'm lucky, I'll see Mina-unnie again!

Oh yes, Mina-unnie, and I already thought ...

- How are you getting on with Mina-unnie, have you called her yet, Chaeng? Invited for a date? - Hiding her disappointment behind a smile, Dahyun asked, getting ready for the road, saying goodbye to her team until tomorrow.

- We only corresponded, I'm afraid to talk to her on the phone - she admitted, helping Dahyun turn off and close the room. - I'm afraid I'll blurt out something stupid, spoil everything.

However, you like her...

-That's why it doesn't work out, - Chaeyoung whined out loud, waiting with her friend in the parking lot for the called taxi to arrive. - You saw, today, we could not connect a couple of words. I was terribly nervous.

- You know, Changi, if you plan to date her, then you need to muster up the courage and talk to her, invite her on a friendly date, find topics for conversation. You must start chatting! Dahyun said as she opened the doors of the taxi, letting her go ahead, then climbing in after her, sitting next to her in the back seat. Without communication there will be no love! Chaeyoung taught in a didactic tone.

- Bro ... - Chaeyoung pleaded, looking at her with a puppy look, - help me, please. Unnie, you have always helped me out, please help here too!

- Oh, okay, I'll think about it - quickly surrendered to Dahyun's pleading gaze, trying with all her might to restrain herself so as not to pounce on her friend, throw her on the seat and kiss. How cute she is, you're just killing me, my love!