Part 13

Hopeless in love

The next morning, Nayeon woke up in a strange bed with an unfamiliar arm thrown over her waist and sunlight shining through the uncurtained window. She felt lousy, her stomach was cramping with vague urges, there was an unpleasant taste in , and she didn’t smell like the best perfume.

I need to take a shower - the first thought moved her body, broken from the last drunken party to the very edge of the bed on which she slept. Carefully freeing herself from the hand (later I’ll figure out who it was), Nayeon somehow sat up, instantly clutching her head, which was suffering from a migraine.

Damn it, I’ll never get drunk like that again - the second thought created only negative calls in my brain, but they were shouted down by my stomach demanding that the hostess be next to the toilet (now!)

Groaning, from the side you could hear a pitiful meow (more of a creaking), Nayeon was still able to get up without help and even stand up straight, although she could only stay on her feet for two minutes and a quarter.

And why did I drink so much yesterday? I wonder how I ended up here, in bed with...um... - the third thought was lost in the memories that were painfully reflected in fleeting images in front of my eyes, which were stuck together from lack of sleep.

"Oh, Nabong, I hear your thoughts loud and clear, and now only ", the hand reached out to the phone lying on the bedside table, took it, brought it under the blanket, and JiHyo’s dissatisfied voice finished her thought, "6 in the morning! There is time before we leave, so go back to bed and sleep."

“JiHyo, um, why did you...” it was awkward to ask, so Nayeon let the question hang in the air, hoping that her friend would understand.

“Where else should I be, unnie? This is my room,” JiHyo muttered in response, burying herself deeper under the blanket and turning away. " All explanations after I wake up. If you don't want to sleep anymore, then close the doors when you go out."

Nayeon wanted to go to the shower and freshen up, but the soft bed beckoned to her, the girl sighed, crawled into bed again, covered herself with a blanket, closed her eyes, and instantly fell asleep.

Sleep took at most 15 minutes, then she finally got up and went to look for a headache pill.

First a pill, then a shower, and then I’ll find Dubu. Next steps need to be discussed. Should we stay here, or should we leave before we see Mina with Chaeyoung.

**

DaHyun woke up more alert than her older sister, wrapped in a blanket and gently cradled in SaMo's warm embrace. The girl didn’t remember how she ended up here, but she was happy to realize that she woke up in a safe place.

And unlike her sister, she remembered everything clearly, starting from the moment when they took a box of expensive wine, ice cream, and some snacks from the store and went home, where, after uncorking two of them, they drank. Afterwards, their barely intoxicated brains remembered that they were expected in another place.

"Dubu, baby, let's go have fun! " Nayeon shouted tipsily.

"Let's go, unnie! We still have time!"

It’s one thing to say that we’re going, it’s another thing to go; they didn’t dare to do this for two reasons. First, MiChaeng, second MiChaeng. These reasons will always stop them, no matter what state they are in at the moment.

When they finally decided to go, none of them could drive, because by that time they had drunk three bottles of wine.

"We will definitely go there, Dubu, now we’ll ask my friend for help."

Who Nayeon called remains a mystery because the girls simply lost consciousness from drinking. They woke up in a car, an unfamiliar guy was sitting behind the wheel, quietly singing along to a famous band on the radio.

“Don’t worry, Nabongie, I’ll take you to your destination, and while you sleep,” the guy smiled, to which he only raised a thumbs up before falling asleep again.

He kept his word, they really ended up close to Jeongyeon’s country house. He gave the car keys, showed that their box of wine was in the trunk, he himself wished the Kim sisters a great time, and disappeared.

That's how they ended up here, in Jeongyeon's house.

Then DaHyun’s memory failed her, then she drank as much as she could, trying to drown out the pain of her heart and thus expel the image of that Chaeyoung from herself.

I hope I didn’t blurt out too much in front of them yesterday – DaHyun thought, sighing, trying to quietly get out from under Sana’s embrace. – I wouldn’t like to remember all of yesterday again before coming here.

Getting out of bed, DaHyun quietly walked around the room looking for her things, which were neatly folded on a chair, where her eyes caught a glass of water and a headache pill lying there.

DaHyun smiled warmly at the thoughtful care for her so that she would not go to waste, took with her, Nayeon would definitely come in handy, then looked back at her sleeping friends and quietly left the room.

We need to find the big sister before she meets Chaeyoung or anyone else.

She found Nayeon in the kitchen, opening the cabinets, she coughed, thus warning of her arrival.

“DaHyunie ,” Nayeon turned around, wincing at her own voice, which seemed to her to be quite loud for early in the morning.

“I told you not to get so drunk, unnie,” DaHyun said reproachfully, shaking her head, handing her a glass of water and handing her a pill. “Here, drink it, you’ll feel better right away.”

“ Dubu,” Nayeon shed a tear, opening a bottle of water, throwing a pill into and washing it down in sips. “Thank you,” she wiped herself with her palm, placing the half-empty bottle on the kitchen table.

“You’ll thank Sana-unnie and Momo-unnie,” DaHyun smiled, approaching her sister, “they took care of me last night.” Who did you spend the night with?

"JiHyo, I remember how I left with her ", I scratched behind my right ear, frowning a little, trying to remember. "Listen, Dubu, how did we get here yesterday?"

" What do you remember, unnie? " DaHyun asked, sitting down and offering her sister the net at the table, listening to her carefully.

Their dialogue took no more than half an hour, which was exactly the time it took when all the inhabitants of the house began to wake up and pass by the kitchen.

By the time their sisters Kim arrived, everything had been decided, namely, immediately after breakfast, where they would thank Jeongyeon for her hospitality (which did not last long), say goodbye and be the first to leave back to the city. The reason for the “escape” was specific girls whom they did not want to see yet. They won't be able to keep secrets from them, and if (99.9%) asked, the sisters will talk about "speed breaking up with potential girlfriends."

The sisters did not want to see pity from those they liked.

No, at least not today.

They both need to come to their senses, build walls around themselves again, hide their hearts from their gaze.

Yes, it will be better that way, both sisters thought.

**

Mina was (not) looking for Nayeon but was glad to see her walking towards the courtyard exit with a cup of hot coffee. The girl quickened her pace a little as she descended from the second floor, where her guest room was located. But no matter how fast she walked, it seemed that Nayeon was still far away, so she called out to her.

"Good morning, Nayeon-unnie."

“Good, Mina,” she paused, looked back, greeted her Nayeon, then, thinking that that was all, began to move on.

"How's your head, unnie? " she heard Mina’s voice behind me again.

“It’s better, after I took the pill,” she grimaced at the memory of the bitter taste, Nayeon took another sip of coffee, opened the door, holding it open, let Mina go ahead, and then went out.

The gallant gesture did not go unnoticed by Mina; her heart warmed from the attention paid to her by her older friend. Not quite sure whether to ask about yesterday’s drinking session, Mina nevertheless asked:

" Was there a reason to get so drunk yesterday, unnie?"

“You can say so,” she chuckled into her cup, crossing the lawn and going straight to the gazebo, sitting down on the bench. “Sit down, Mina, even though the bench is narrow, we can fit in,” clapping his hand next to him.

There really was little space, but the girl’s heart was warmed again by Nayeon’s attentive care when she moved completely to the end of the bench (the left side of her body was almost hanging down, but the girl only smiled at the discomfort).

There was nothing aggravating in their silence; on the contrary, Mina felt comfortable. Mina didn’t want to go deeper into her thoughts, but in her subconscious, she heard them distantly:

It's different with Nayeon, I feel more relaxed with her than with Chaeyoung. It's strange, I don't understand why this is so.

“I thought that you wouldn’t be able to come, unnie,” Mina said after a short silence, glancing at Nayeon, who was looking thoughtfully at the landscape.

“I’m ashamed, you saw me like this,” Nayeon shifted embarrassedly in place, “I usually don’t get drunk like that, no, I’m not saying that this doesn’t happen, of course it happens, I just never get into a car in this state and don’t drive incomprehensibly.” where - she put the last words in quotation marks, lowering her head, sighing.

“Apparently there was a reason to get so drunk,” Mina commented, however, without asking the question hanging in the air.

“It was,” she smiled bitterly, grimacing. " How did you spend your time, what interesting things did you do?"

“Oh, there’s a lot of things, there’s not enough time here to tell everything in detail,” I tried to say it more enthusiastically, but it turned out boring and ordinary.

“I see, well, it’s okay, next time Dubu and I will definitely not be late for the games,” looking from the tops of the trees where she was looking, admiring the greenery and the crow sitting on a branch to Mina, winking at her. "It’s always more fun to play with us."

“Yes, I’ll look forward to next time,” Mina said quietly, sending a soft smile to her friend and boss rolled into one.

Nayeon's heart did a somersault, then beat loudly and quickly repeating the name "Mina" with each beat.

 **

Chaeyoung was looking for DaHyun, she went through all the rooms, jumped into the kitchen, into the living room, and even asked everyone she saw on her way. DaHyun wasn't in the house, so the girl went out into the yard to look for her. When she went outside, she saw Mina sitting next to Nayeon in the gazebo but did not go there. Instead, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a familiar figure walking near the forest and hurried towards her.

“Bro,” she called, coming closer and involuntarily freezing in front of the beautiful view that opened up, DaHyun surrounded by sunlight.

“Hey” DaHyun smiled back, standing in profile.

“I...” all thoughts disappeared, leaving the hostess without them, contemplating the pure beauty in front of her with a half-open mouth and an admiring gaze. “You are so beautiful, unnie,” the words involuntarily slipped out.

“Thank you, Chaengie, but it’s better for you to give such compliments to your girlfriend,” DaHyun answered, still smiling, completely turning to face her, blocking the sun.

“You’re my bro, why not talk,” she shrugged, not understanding DaHyun-unnie, " I was looking for you."

"For what? " DaHyun asked curiously, leaving the topic of “flirting” in the safe zone.

“Unnie,” Chaeyoung began decisively, squinting a little because of the sun, “it’s the first time I’ve seen you so drunk, you weren’t even that drunk when we went out.” What's happened?

“Nothing special, Cheng,” DaHyun waved it off, taking a step away from her, starting to walk towards the house.

"Did she do something to you? " Chaeyoung asked rudely.

“My sister and I just decided to relax, and that’s it, no drama,” she lightly patted her friend on the shoulder, walking around her without stopping.

“I don’t believe you, you’re avoiding answering, unnie,” Chaeyoung insisted, following her. “Just tell me, I’ll make sure she apologizes or I’ll make sure she never shows up.”

“Chaeyoung,” DaHyun said slowly, “leave yesterday.”

"No! No one has the right to offend my bro! Whoever it is, I must protect..."

"You don't have to do anything for me. Nothing. I ask you to leave this topic,” DaHyun said irritably, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

"Why? So something really happened because you got so drunk? Date. She didn’t come to him or " she gasped, reached out, grabbed DaHyun’s wrist, turned her sharply towards her, looking intently "did she break up with you? Damn it, who is she to hurt you?! Let's return to the city, I will definitely explain it clearly, I promise, bro!"

Chaeyoung’s heart sank with a surmise, everything burned inside, thoughts quickly raced in her head, thinking over a plan on how to take revenge on that Chaeyoung.

She was angry, or rather furious.

No one has the right to do this to my DaHyun!

"It's nice to know that I have a friend like you Chaengie, but everything that concerns me and my girlfriend is up to me and only me. No “sense of duty” on your part "bringing her back to reality, DaHyun said quietly, with a warning. “I repeat, you don’t have to do anything.”

" But... kids... um... DaHyun-unnie, I just "Chaeyoung began to defend himself, " I’m your friend and I’m just..."

“That’s right, you ,” she pointed at her, pretending that she had not heard Chaeyoung’s reservation, “my friend, let me deal with my girlfriend myself. And if you want to remain my best friend, then please drop this topic and let’s go have breakfast,” she said with a sigh, starting to walk towards the house again.

Chaeyoung trudged along with her head down, thinking that instead of calmly finding out the reason for her drinking, she began to seek out the truth, thereby angering DaHyun.

What came over me? Why did I become so defensive when I realized the breakup? No, that's not it, Chaeyoung, that's not the question. Why did I become so happy when I realized about their breakup?