Part 2

Hopeless in love

3 years later

Nayeon - 27 years old. DaHyun - 25 years old.

At the moment, they were adults with many times broken and cured heart. For all the time they fell hopelessly in love, and never received love in return. But they did not lose hope that one day after all the same heart, in which their name would beat, would appear.

In their small family, two more girls were added, who soon became best friends.

In addition to Sana , Momo and Jeongyeon , Jihyo and Tzuyu were added . Jihyo is a newly made friend of Nayeon , she met her through a dating site. I went there by accident, just as I accidentally pressed a button, a deep, piercing voice sounded. Someone sang so beautifully, she liked it, decided to find out. Well, so word for word Nayeon found out that the girl’s name was Pak Jihyo , and she works with her in the same office, or rather they always greet each other when they travel in the same elevator.

Yes, Nayeon is now the chief cosmetics officer , vice president of a pharmaceutical company in downtown Seoul. And she is addressed only as Miss Kim. It’s rather awkward and not familiar, especially when she hears such an appeal from Momo and San. Nayeon immediately brought them here as soon as she found sponsors to open her office. In fact, she was supposed to become a director, but she does not have such ambitions. In short, Sana and Momo are with her.

Tzuyu - girlfriend DaHyun . We met by chance in an amusement park when a tall black-haired girl with an incredibly beautiful appearance tried to find out from a park employee how to get to the toilet. DaHyun came to the rescue , immediately approached, smiled sweetly at the girl, showed on her fingers that she would help her.

Well, from that day on, they are friends.

Now they had someone to meet on the weekend, just take a walk or chat on the phone. It has become a tradition for them every year, at a certain time, it always fell in the summer, when no one was busy, going out into the countryside. Arrange a day off (even if it was in the middle of the work week) and leave for 2 days and one night.

@ bunnyNaYeon

Remind me when we are going to leave? J

@ LegoJeong

Have you forgotten again, Nabongs? {

@ GodJiHyo

This Saturday. March, 3rd.

@ angelChewy

Unnie , we agreed on March 5th º

@ LegoJeong

Ha ha ha

@ momoJang

March, 3rd? Z

@ sanatang

or March 5th? ¯

@ tofudubu

Actually, we agreed to leave on March 4, early in the morning, to get to the place on March 5 and then there would be more time to relax.

@ bunnyNaYeon

Tofu, I love you. Did you hear Chong ? J

@ LegoJeong

Anyway, we both made a mistake. G G

@ GodJiHyo

Sorry, sorry. You said you would invite someone else ...

@ tofudubu

I will invite her today.

@ bunnyNaYeon

So do I.

@ momoJang

Hurry up.

@ sanatang

Have you invited them yet? You have been walking around them for two months now, if this is not love, then I do not know what it is.

@ tofudubu @ / bunnyNaYeon

This is not love!!!

DaHyun looked back at Nayeon , looked into each other's eyes for a long time, then sighed heavily, hugged and admitted:

- We fell in love again. And I think, seriously.

Why did she decide so? Because this time DaHyun fell in love slowly, not swiftly, losing her head, no, to be honest, she didn’t even like her at first.

Such a small, feeble, trimmed under the boy (now her hair has grown to the shoulder) , and an arrogant look. Even a small mole under her plump lip, which attracted her attention, pushed away.

Sleep Chaeyoung .

A new model in her agency. Although I must admit, the photos with her were excellent. She could appear in any image, the frames simply amazed her with their innocence and femininity. Later, when they often began to work together, DaHyun began to notice that her mask was falling off and she was confronted by a cute girl with a charming dimple on her cheek when she smiles. Gradually they approached, began to talk more often, and DaHyun's heart melted, again began to beat, beat off uneven beats.

They quickly became friends as if they had known each other for eternity.

A month passed, and they became best and inseparable friends.

A month passed, and DaHyun finally realized that she was in love.

Then, having come home, she said to her sister:

“I'm going to invite her to come with us on March 4th.” And I'm going to hint to her that I love her. And I hope that until the end of the trip, she will agree to meet with me.

To which her older sister said:

“I have the same plan.”

Kim Nayeon's new lover was called Miyu Mina, and she is one of SaMo 's best friends . In addition, she is her new assistant , almost her right hand. The heart immediately missed a conditional beat when Mina first crossed the threshold of the office. She breathed calm and some innocent tenderness. Calm, quiet, speaks little, but does an excellent job. Later, Nayeon found out her terrible secret, which she hid as soon as she could. Mina is a real player. Therefore, little leaves the house, so it is difficult to pull it out somewhere.

They became friends. Mina became her man in the office, and in Nayeon's personal space . She can not be called the soul of the company, but she attracted to her.

Nayeon fell in love, obeyed her charm. It only remained to admit. And then, as usual, get a refusal, or maybe ...

Kim's sisters decided to ask each of the secretly beloved only a couple of days after correspondence with friends.

Side Kim Nayeon .

N: - Mina, are you free this weekend?

M: - This weekend? Hm, yes. And what?

N: - You may have heard from Momo or Sana that every year we go out somewhere for 2-3 days?

M: - And you about the campaign, yes I heard.

N: - Will you come with us?

M: - Do you invite me?

N: - Yes. It's time to introduce you to our entire gang. You will like them.

M: - Hmm. Why not? When and where?

N: - Really? I'll pick you up on March 4th in the morning .

M: - Do you know my address? - Seeing that the girl was fading, awkwardly shifting on her legs, she smiled sweetly. - I will write you an SMS.

N: - Great. Agreed then.

Side of Kim DaHyun .

Two girls laughed merrily during lunch in one of the cafes. Jokes from DaHyun flew from all directions, Chaeyoung only laughed, asked for more show or tell. They were happy being next to each other. When the laughter fell silent, Chaeyoung noticed how her friend’s gaze was running uneasily. Something bothered, and DaHyun did not dare to voice. Then, after another joke, DaHyun decided:

- Hey Chaeyoung , are you free this weekend?

- Completely. Want to go out somewhere?

- Yes, to nature. With you - in all seriousness, then quickly waved my hands in front of my face, embarrassed. “Not only with you, but the rest, too.” About 8 people will gather, you will be 9.

- Ah, you mean a trip to nature, right? I thought when did you invite me.

“Have you been waiting?” - raised an eyebrow, not believing her ears.

“Waiting,” confirmed Chaeyoung , arched an eyebrow too. - So when?

- March 4, in the morning , I will write to you later, where we will meet.

- Well, since you and I agreed, we went to the cinema. My work for today is over, and you can safely skip the rest of the day. You're the boss, ha ha ha.

- Cool to be friends with the boss, right? - DaHyun winked at her , opening the doors in front of her, skipping forward.

“Thank you,” she smiled sweetly, also winked, sticking out her tongue a little. - Of course it's cool - having waited for her to close the doors, hugged her on the shoulders, pulled her to her, led her to the side of the cinema.

****

Their new house was not very different from their parents : two-story, wide, several additional guest rooms, two bathrooms, two showers, one shared kitchen and a common living room. The difference was that the first floor was wholly owned by Nayeon , and the upper floor was owned by DaHyun .

Here, their fantasy of decor has played out.

Nayeon really liked the peach and red color, so the walls turned out to be like sunset and dawn, shimmering from the darkest red to the most delicate pink. A couple of small paintings with a gazebo overlooking the serene sea. The bottom of the wall was decorated with starfish, corals and all sorts of small fish. The ceiling remained white with droplets of paint, DaHyun once proposed to make a starry sky, but my sister is still in thought. Her bedroom was in the same style as the corridor and bathroom.

But the study, where she usually thought about new collections, came up with options to show perfume or lipstick for buyers, a completely different atmosphere reigned. It had a warm yellow mixed with a gentle blue color. Nayeon loved to repeat that her walls looked like beach sand, and the ceiling, like waves playing with heaven.

A small table, a chair, a small sofa, but the main thing the girl thought was a bookshelf with different genres. A gift from his father, his collection of books, importantly stood on the top shelf, showed off and gave her strength to move on.

On her second floor, DaHyun also tried to turn it into an unusual studio room. From childhood she was fond of musical classical compositions, she also liked non-ordinary paintings, was more attracted to abstract, and of course the girl really liked to take pictures. Therefore, when the guests went up to the second floor, they were greeted by a portrait of Beethoven sitting at the piano with his head thrown back, seized by a passion for the music that he played.

Then the guest’s gaze stopped at a completely different picture, now of some strange smiling man with hair or needles sticking out on his head. The abstract painting attracted, forced to stop and reflect on what the artist wanted to say.

When the guest came to an agreement with his opinion, he went on and met a hanging black and white image of a female profile. This photo fascinated gave the heart a rest and perception of something airy and beautiful. It caused a smile, and therefore, when the guest met with the hostess of the upper floor, he (her) had a great mood, and he was ready to conduct a dialogue on the note that DaHyun had originally started .

If the corridor was based on a sense of style and sophistication, then her personal room was distinguished by its sloppiness and abundance of colors. No, the girl did not throw her things around the bedroom, just the scenery itself resembled more chaos than what the guest was thinking. It is as if the hostess thus tried to show that she consists of two sides of the medals; one cannot judge her by only one part.

Her bedroom looked more like a picturesque nature consisting of four seasons. The right side of the wall is decorated in summer shades, which perfectly combined sea beaches and forest glade. The left side is decorated in the style of the spring solstice, the floor is autumn leaves, and the ceiling is winter colors (basically there were painted Santa Claus flying past the moon, throwing mistletoe and colorful Christmas toys from his huge bag).

And if the guest was so curious, and looked into the bathroom, then he would again be struck by a riot of colors and sophistication in style and design. From the very beginning, where the door opened and to the ceiling, different sizes were painted and painted in different tofu colors.

What is most interesting, the girls did not change the kitchen and the common living room, they decided to stay in a neutral color. Therefore, the kitchen is a light shade, and the living room is dark. Yin and Yang .

***

The night before, the Kim's sisters were in the common room, checking to see if all the things were packed for the trip. Two small backpacks stood on the floor, there was also a folded tent, a camping kitchen kit and a flashlight. Things lying on the sofa, neatly laid out in stacks. In the hands of the sisters held a list of what they usually took on such trips.

- So, Tofu, check again. Let me start with your list, and then you read mine. So we won’t get confused - taking away her list from DaHyun , Nayeon suggested , correcting the points on the bridge of the nose. - Why did you write so finely? I kept wondering why are you squinting? So listen carefully. Is there a tent?

- Yes.

“Matches, a spoon, a teapot, so, let’s skip it, yeah, let's start from this point - I bit my lower lip, frowned, brought the list a little closer to my eyes.” - Why do you need paints, brushes and an album? Why do you need a camera in nature?

“So that Chaeyoung would not be bored,” DaHyun shrugged , bowing her head, picking up items and hiding them in a backpack, in a side pocket.

“Yeah,” the older sister grunted, glancing askance at her. - Chaeyoung , huh? Do you like her, huh?

“ We're just colleagues and friends — still hiding our faces,” said DaHyun .

“Yeah, of course, that's why I hear her house name all the time?” Nayeon asked rhetorically , making a laugh. - Come on, Tofu, it's me - gently nudged her shoulder, sister gave up, looked up, smiled shyly. - I knew my Tofu fell in love! So, do you want to look after her during our trip? - She nodded, still shy. - This is my little sister! - the eyes lit up with pride.

- All in you, Nabongs - boldly met the discouraged look of her elder sister, pointing her finger at her, jokingly uttered accusatory. “I never thought you liked toy penguins, little sister.” And even more so, I did not see how you knitted things! When were you going to tell me?

- Then, when you too - stuck out your tongue, the girl laughed. “We are both hopeless romantics, and we love to hide everything to the last.”

- But I hope that this time we have our l and the second half - otsmeyavshis, the two embraced, fell silent. Their little fingers, and then the whole palm clenched in prayer, and they whispered again. - Let it be Chaeyoung and Mina ...

***

The car glided smoothly along a level road avoiding collisions with other careless drivers. There were 4 girls in the salon, two of whom were Kim's sisters, and the rest were Mina and Chaeyoung . Their fellow friends were sitting in the back seat, quietly looking outside the window, watching the early Friday morning. They only greeted each other, did not talk anymore , the sisters thought that it was because of their shy nature . DaHyun, who was sitting next to her sister in the front seat, looked silently in the mirror , sometimes catching Chaeyoung's gaze , sending her a small smile.

Today, she again distinguished herself with her gentlemanly behavior when the older sister's car parked near the place where Chaeyoung stood , holding a backpack for hiking. They decided to pick up Chaeyoung first , then Mina, as it was convenient to deploy the car. Stopping next to the girl, DaHyun jumped out of the car, ran around her, stopped near Chaeyoung , gallantly took her backpack , threw it over her shoulder, then extended her hand, opened the back door:

- Welcome aboard, Chaeyoung . Carefully, bend your head, do not take your hands off until you sit down. Maybe the Nayeon car looks comfortable, but believe it is not. I hit my forehead or shoulder a hundred times. Oh, by the way, my older sister is Nayeon . Unnie , this is my friend and work colleague Chaeyoung .

“Why do you never look after me like that when we drive in your car?” - Nayeon inquired with a friendly smile, showing pretty two front teeth, starting the engine again and easily driving away from the store.

“She only does this with me,” Chaeyoung shyly smiled , then thought a little, added. - At first I was embarrassed, then I got used to it, now I do not pay attention to it.

“If you don't like it, I can stop it,” DaHyun said with a gasp , burrowing deeper into the seat.

“No, no, that’s all about you, DaHyun - unnie - leaning over the seat, patted her hair, getting an instantly radiant smile from her friend.”

“Yes, that’s all my sister said ,” Nayeon confirmed , jokingly winking at her. “We're going to pick up another person now, and then call Jeongyeon .” She must say exactly where we are meeting.

- Yeah, that time we took the bus, it was very convenient, we left our things, we took the most necessary things, like a tent and food, but today everything can change - straightening up on seat e. - This time we decided to go deeper, to explore the forest. So, probably, there will be no bus.

After that, they stopped behind Mina, who was waiting for them near the central park, as previously agreed. Nayeon also wanted to do such a gentlemanly act with respect to the girl, but Mina was ahead of her, already sitting back, and greeting strangers.

And now, for 10 minutes they are silent. None of them dare to speak first in order to somehow defuse the situation. A phone call resolved the matter for them, suddenly ringing in a pocket of DaHyun jeans :

- This is Tzuyu - the girl answered, picking up the phone. - Hello. Yes. We go. Hmm, somewhere between the street "N" and the center. Where to? Oh yes, I know. What? What for? Good. OK, bye.

- Change of plans? Nayeon arched an eyebrow, glancing sideways at her sister.

- Nearly. Jeongyeon and Jihyo asked us to buy firewood, salt and coal. They want to fry meat at the stake. Now they choose it in the store, at the uncle. Sana and Momo have not yet gathered, forgot something at home, returned. Tzuyu asks us to come after her after the purchase, she is waiting for us on the bridge.

“As always, ” I the right U-turn, glancing in different directions so as not to cling to other cars, I went to the nearest supermarket I had recently seen.

“As always,” DaHyun agreed , without going into details.

***

Exactly an hour and a half later, they finally all met at the entrance to the clearing, where they usually gathered . Leaving the cars hidden from prying eyes, getting to know everyone, they resolutely moved forward, taking with them things and tents. At first they all went in one gathering, but after a while everything changed, gradually they began to separate, walking in pairs.

Ahead were leading two company leaders - Jihyo and Jeongyeon . They were not together, but everything was going to this, Sana secretly announced that Jeongyeon wants to admit on this trip. Tzuyu walked next to them, talking animatedly about something.

Behind them, at a far distance, slowly in a hug, sometimes stopping to kiss, there was a long-term couple of Momo and Sana. Together 5 years, but the wedding has not yet reached the point.

Next is Mina and Chaeyoung . Somehow it happened that they without a word went alongside, finding a common topic for conversation. They were so keen on talking that they forgot where they are and with whom. Who was originally their team.

Kim's sisters closed the procession, looking wistfully at the backs of their secret lovers. Their intuition again failed, pointed to the wrong ones.

- Maybe we think? We just arrived, everything can get better. Let's wait and see what happens next - Nayeon's words supported the melting hope for a new outcome, although somewhere in the depths, my heart was preparing for the worst.

***

In the evening, everything became obvious, again, for the umpteenth time in a row, the heart began to beat alarmingly, already waiting for a beat, the eyes that followed the movements and facial expressions understood immediately. Kim's sisters stood side by side from afar looking at their bowed heads sitting near the fire and whispering about something. They did not need to speak, they understood without words. They just looked into each other's eyes, smiled sadly, went to their tents, returned a minute later, holding warm sweaters in their hands. Slowly we approached the fire, set up happy faces, and made our voice playful and playful when we made a noise near them.

- Mina / Chaeyoung , if you are going to sit longer, put it on, I don’t want my girlfriend to catch a cold.

- Thank you - sounded in response, the reward was a small smile and gratitude in the look.

***

At night, they pretended to be sound asleep, although they heard very well how the tent canopy opened and Mina / Chaeyoung went inside , returning almost in the morning. The sisters were silent, listened, waited.

- DaHyun / Nayeon - unnie , are you sleeping? They asked quietly, perching close by, bending over them to look.

If they didn’t answer immediately, gently nudged, then the sisters pretended to just wake up, yawned, pulled themselves up and sleepily looked in their direction.

- Thank you for the warm clothes, it’s very cold on the streets - your hands were rubbing, sisters, worrying about their health, woke up instantly, sat down, took their hands in their hands and tried to warm them.

- Why did they sit for so long? Could not be said, or what? You can get so sick! - scolded them. “Give me your legs here - without permission, they lifted your legs, laid them on your knees, rubbed them until they became warm.”

- Unnie , no need - they tried to move away, but the strength of the hands did not give. And the formidable look of her friends made them give up quickly.

- Lie here, now - reaching for the backpack, rummaged and got out of it warm socks, another warm jacket. - Put it on.

- What about you? They are your things - the girls rebelled, although their hands were already reaching for warm things.

- I’m not cold - they helped put on socks and sweaters, then they helped me to get into the sleeping bag, they closed them almost to the chin. “The nights here are cold, you yourself are convinced of this, therefore, warm yourself and sleep.”

- Thank you, I do not know what I would do without you - gratefully accepted the tender care of my fellow friends.

- Sleep - softly kissed on the forehead and watched them fall asleep.

***

The next morning, they were the first to get out of the tents, banging their teeth against the cold. The lips were absolutely blue, they were trembling finely , but the sight of those who met with the look of his sister was pleased. Nayeon nodded toward the forest, along the path where they came from, DaHyun agreed, bouncing on the spot, trying to warm up in this way. Silently counting to 3, Nayeon was the first to run, and DaHyun ran after her without falling behind . They were met by Jihyo already leaving the bushes , they saluted her:

- We’ll go for a run, in about 40 minutes we’ll be back!

***

After breakfast, 9 girls decided to move on. They walked along the compass and the map that Jihyo held in their hands , but still, somehow, they came to a small river, zigzagging along their path. Not deep, not wide, but not to jump over. Without thinking twice , DaHyun went to Chaeyoung , took the backpack off her shoulder, sat down in front of her, waiting:

“I'll carry you.” I don’t want you to wet your legs. I'm afraid I don’t have any spare warm socks to warm you up. Get in.

“Great idea, Tofu!” Mina, jump in! - Crouched next to her and substituting her back, said Nayeon .

- Momorin , will you take me? - Sana hugged her waist, looked up and down at the girl. “Or should I raise you?”

“Ha ha ha, don’t be offended, Sanatang , but I’m stronger - I patted my cheek, then gently kissed that place. She sat down and Sana immediately climbed onto her back, snuggled tightly and wrapped her arms around her neck. Her chin rests comfortably on her friend’s shoulder.

- Go ahead, my knight! - pointed to the neighboring coast, cheerfully ordered Sana.

“Yes, my princess,” Momo answered cheerfully, heroically entering the first into the water, which turned out to be ankle-deep, but reached the knees by the middle. “ Jeongyeon , you said she was petty!” She said indignantly, looking back at Jeongyeon walking behind , holding a canopy of Jihyo .

“And she said she wasn't wide,” added Sana, looking down anxiously. “Momo, let me go, I'll go by myself.”

- I said that it is possible - the tall girl did not agree, struggling with her feet to sorting the bottom of the river. - And why there is an incomprehensible alga! Why is she needed there at all!

- Fu, an abomination! Jihyo exclaimed from above , urging her friend to go faster.

“No, the water is not warm, you can catch a cold,” Momo whispered softly , supporting her under her knees . “Besides, we will be near the coast soon.”

- Hey girls! Why are you still standing there! - looking back to the shore, where Mina / Chaeyoung did not dare to accept invitations from friends, they themselves wanted to cross the river. Tzuyu did not know what to do, she could have passed herself, but two of her ordered:

- We will carry you, wait for us!

“If you don’t climb me now, I’ll take you in a wedding style and still bear it ,” DaHyun threatened with her action , decisively taking a step closer to Chaeyoung . She waved her hands, taking a step back.

- Mina ...

“I'm sorry,” she apologized, grabbing her legs around the thin waist of Nayeon and gently hugging her neck. “I'm not easy.”

“Ha ha ha, come on, you're light, just like a feather,” Nayeon answered joyfully , stepping into the cool water with a quick step and carefully making her way after the others. - Hold on tight, I don't want to lose such a burden.

- Chaeyoung - he stretched plaintively DaHyun , - there were only us and Tzuyu . Just trust me, I won’t let you go. Please let me take you to that shore.

- I'm afraid you will not hold me - skeptically eyeing her body, truthfully confessed Chaeyoung .

- Oh, do not worry, Chaeyoung , Dubu- unnie very strong - assured her Tzuyu , helping an older friend to carry out his gentlemen's turn. - She easily dragged me on my back when I pulled my ankle on the previous trip. True, my legs dangled through the air, and I looked like a monkey, but unnie never dropped me, and did not hurt me.

- Truth? - Tzuyu confirmed with a nod. “Well then, hold me tight,” said Chaeyoung hugging her .

The water in the river was really cold, so that the ankles froze, but that DaHyun , that Nayeon carrying the girls did not notice anything but a pleasant mint-strawberry flavor. Their hearts beat in unison, setting only the only known rhythm for them. They shone with happiness, being so close to them. Their friends saw perfectly, but were silent, wishing only that they could establish relations .

***

The Mina / Chaeyoung cheek rested on the Nayeon / DaHyun cheek , her breath tickled her skin, her hips rubbed against her sides, her whole body weight pressed on her back.

God thanks

Lowering the girls hid faces that glowed with embarrassment and shyness. But hearts sang and everything danced inside.

Happiness did not last long, the reality came and brutally cut off their smiles when their eyes noticed how their beloved stood side by side, holding hands.

Oh, still not fate!

***

Tzuyu laughed all the way, while she, as a princess, was transferred across the river to the other side. DaHyun and Nayeon made a swing out of their hands, clutching their palms, the girl could only tightly wrap her arms around her neck and not let go. Her legs dangled, barely touching the water, the olos developed in the wind.