seven

Know More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

After dreadful days you could finally breathe freely and sleep well at night. All you have to do now is wait for the results to come out.

You plan to stay in bed for the whole day, on the other hand Sehun wanted to go out for a meal and drag you out from your flat.

You were with Joohyun at the school garden, waiting for Junmyeon and Sehun. Your eyes wander around the place, spring is only in the corner, and flowers will bloom again. You smiled at the thought.

Despite of not seeing Chanyeol for days, you still communicate through phone. He always sends you messages, asking how your day went. But these past few days, his text became infrequent and short.

Until he stopped messaging for two days, you knew he was busy as well.

You couldn’t stop thinking of him and helplessly stared at his pictures that you have taken when you went out for a trip. You felt bad for not contacting him first.

With pursed lips, you composed a text message for him.

Hi giant! How’s your exam?

With eyes closed, you let out a sigh. You sink in your seat with a pout when he didn’t replied nor seen your message after half an hour.

Joohyun glanced at you. “Sleepy?” you nodded. “Then take a nap first. Those two will be here in an hour.” She patted the table in front of you. Yawning, you fold your arms on the table, resting your head on them.

Joohyun went back to her reading whereas her other hand starts to pat your head, lulling you to sleep. You sighed in content, drifting to slumber.

 

Chanyeol stretched his hands upward, he just finished his last test for this semester, this week had consumed his entire energy. He tilted his head to the sides, loosening the stiff muscles.

Out of nowhere someone called out his name. He turned, seeing his one of his best buddies, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, waving at him. With a grin he strolled towards them, meeting them in half way.

“You look hideous than before.” Kyungsoo commented, a smirk playing on his lips, scanning Chanyeol’s appearance.

Chanyeol only glared at him, he was out of energy to retort back anyway. He barely sleeps as he crammed few days.

“Where do we eat? I’m famished!” Baekhyun complained. “Hey Chanyeol , search up for a good place to eat!” He slung his arm over his shoulders. This guy will never know when to lower his voice.

He sighed albeit fishing out his phone from his pocket. He beamed at the first message he sees on his phone screen.

Baekhyun widen his eyes when he saw your name on his screen.

“Was that Eunmi? Bae Eunmi?!” he pointed. Chanyeol quickly covered his phone, clearing his throat.

“It is her!” Baekhyun tried to snatch his friend’s phone but Chanyeol has no plan to give it to me. “Can I at least get her number?”

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at him, folding his arms. “No.”

Baekhyun tsk before he tackled his tall friend. “Give it! Yah Kyungsoo help me!”

Both of them stopped when no one responded. They whipped their heads to their friend who was leaving them behind.

“Joohyun what are doing here?” Kyungsoo asked, peering at your sleeping figure at the same time.

“We were waiting for Junmyeon oppa and Sehun.” She smiled, offering the seat across them.

Kyungsoo nodded his head, planting his on the wooden bench. “Planning to go somewhere?”

“Sehun discovered a good place to eat and you know that guy…” she closed her book. “He doesn’t want to eat alone.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, agreeing to her comment.

Just then someone took the seat beside Kyungsoo. “Hi Joohyun.”  The lady smiled at the new intruder, greeting him. Baekhyun eyes landed on your sleeping figure beside Joohyun. “Eunmi?”

Joohyun nodded with a smile. “Sehun woke her up early in the morning and drag her here with us.”

Baekhyun grinned. Standing up to sit on the empty seat beside you hence Chanyeol beat him from it. He cleared his throat as he leaned on the table, mocking his friend.

“Why you-“ Kyungsoo smacked the back of Baekhyun’s head before pulling him down.

You squirmed in your seat, facing the other side.

“You’re being loud again, someone is sleeping.” He scolded. In defeat, Baekhyun slumped on his seat.

Chanyeol crossed his arm, smirking at his friend in victory.

 Joohyun softly laughed at how the guys acted. “How about you join us? Sehun will be delighted if there are more people.”

“Join where?” Baekhyun whispered, not wanting to be scolded again.

Kyungsoo explained in low voice his friends. Baekhyun searched up for the place that Sehun was talking about. He nodded in approval while reading the customer’s feedback of the food.

“Chanyeol, what do you think?” They turn to the latter.

On the contrary Chanyeol wasn’t paying them any attention at all. He was gazing at the sleeping girl besides him, twirling the tips of your hair while the ends of lips are curled in soft smile.

Joohyun tapped her smiling lips, watching in interest, her eyes looking at Chanyeol then to your sleeping figure. She will definitely tease you later for this.

Baekhyun was about to protest when he Chanyeol traced your nose, chuckling softly as he watches you scrunches your nose.

Kyungsoo tug his sleeve, giving him a warning look. “Don’t start Byun Baekhyun.”

Like a puppy, Baekhyun pouted and listen to the latter. He went back to his phone, distracting himself from the view in front of him.

Chanyeol continued to stare at you, oblivious about his surroundings. It has been days since the last time he hang out with you nor see you. He touches your lashes, his smile growing wider when you scrunched your nose from the touch.

 

Soon after, Junmyeon and Sehun arrived, confused at the new companion. “Oh what are you guys doing here?” Junmyeon asked.

The three guys greeted them although Chanyeol still plays with your long locks, twirling it with his finger.

“We saw them and thought we should accompany them. Since you know there are wolves lurking around the area.” Baekhyun grinned.

Junmyeon raised a brow.

“They’ll be joining us.” Joohyun explained further.  Junmyeon patted her head, taking the empty space beside his girl.

“Sorry for making you ladies wait.” He leaned in and pecked his girl’s cheek. Joohyun blushed in response.

Baekhyun groaned, pretending to puke at the couple being sappy.

“I know, disgusting.” Sehun rolled his eyes. Joohyun and Junmyeon laughed at the younger guy.

“Let’s go? My stomach couldn’t take it anymore.” Sehun whined. His eyes then landed on his cousin’s sleeping figure, raising his brow.

Chanyeol shook you lightly, waking you up. You groaned, straightening your position.

“Finally the sleeping beauty is awake.” Sehun grinned.

“Oh?” you blinked, still drowsy. “Baekhyun oppa? Kyungsoo oppa?”  The older guys chuckled as you adorably rubbed your eyes clearing your vision.

Joohyun gathered her things, “These three will be eating with us. Let’s go.” She intertwined her hand with her boyfriend.

“Three?” you yawned, getting up. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun followed the couple.

You felt a hand on top of your head, “You could sleep in the car.”

Upon hearing that deep voice you’ve yearned hearing for the past few days, you spin around, facing him. “Yeol.” Chanyeol replied with a ‘hi’.

“Hyung, she will be going with you. I woke up her early and might nag me on the road.” Sehun whispered before sprinting away.

Still sleepy, you hold onto Chanyeol’s bagpack, balancing yourself, as you strolled to the parking lot.

 

The place was full of customers, luckily Sehun made an early reservation. The food hasn’t arrived yet and the rest of you were only satisfying your palates with the side dishes.

Although Chanyeol was talking to Sehun his hands were preoccupied by fiddling your fingers. Baekhyun was telling you a funny story making you cackled, the sleepiness drifted apart from your body. Baekhyun could pass his energy to the person he was talking to, you enjoyed his company.

Joohyun bumped your leg with hers under the table. Sipping from your drink, you look at her. She cocked her head to your hand. You flushed when you were caught red handed.

Withdrawing your hand from Chanyeol’s, he tightened his hold without looking, threading his fingers to yours not allowing you to pull away. Joohyun smirked, wiggling her perfectly brows in teasing manner.

Junmyeon noticed her girlfriend was distracted by something else- someone else. He shook his head at his girl who was currently teasing you. Instead of stopping his girlfriend like he used to, he joined her. Junmyeon copied what Chanyeol’s doing with his girlfriend’s hand.

You palmed your face with your free hand. The heat was spreading to your neck as well. You stretched out for leg to kick your cousin but ended up kicking someone else. You quickly apologized when Kyungsoo look at you with a raised brow.

 

All of your mouths watered at the appetizing food when it was served on the table. Chanyeol filled your plate with every variety of food but couldn’t eat properly when your right hand was held by him.

Chanyeol noticed you weren’t touching your food. “What’s wrong? You don’t like seafood?”

You shook your head, tightening your grip giving him a sign why you couldn’t eat.

Chanyeol look down at your intertwine hands. “Oh.” He chuckled. “You could tell me to let go.” He smirked.

You grabbed your chopsticks, “Tss you’re the one who doesn’t want to let go.” You muttered. He let out tickling laugh. With free hands, you started to have your meal.

“By the way Eun,” you faced Baekhyun with your stuffed cheeks. Chanyeol tsk, wiping the sauce on your lips with his napkin.

Baekhyun blinked, distracted for a moment. “Tomorrow’s your exhibit right?” He finished his sentence.

“It has been postponed.” Chanyeol answered instead. “Jaehyun has other plans.”  Pleased, by your clean mouth, he handed you your drink before turning to Baekhyun. “Why ask? You weren’t interested in those kinds of things.”

Baekhyun scoffed pointing his chopsticks at his friend. “Just so you know I’m interested in those kinds of things. Especially if my Eunmi’s photographs will be displayed there.” He winked at you.

You shoved a shrimp in his mouth, “You are not a good liar Byun Baekhyun.”

The latter grinned, “Give me more shrimps.” You rolled y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter