twelve

Know More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter12

Rumors had been spreading like wild fire around the campus about Chanyeol’s ex-girlfriend returned. People say that the reason she returned was because for Chanyeol and some even had seen them outside the campus together, hanging out they say. 

It didn’t help to dismiss the awful scenarios that been starting to form in your mind when people around kept on derisively asking why Chanyeol had stop waiting and fetching you every after classes. A nonchalant smile was the only respond they get from you as you don’t want to add fuel.

On the other hand, in the midst of all, Chanyeol was recently preoccupied with their group project and other paper works that needed to be done. He had been busy with his school works, it was normal but some beg to differ.

Truth be told, Chanyeol had been absentminded for the past days and an uneasy feeling was building up within. Chanyeol always show you his bright smile, coaxing you to change the topic whenever you ask him what’s bothering him. Even though he promised that there will be no secrets between you- you chose to not to pry anymore as you always get the same answer from him.

However there was something else; something odd about him that you heed. And one day, he drastically changed. He stopped sending messaging you, calling you, reaching out for you and it abruptly stopped, although he did informed you that he will be drowned with school works.

With you fully aware that he was busy but you couldn’t comprehend why he became so distant in a short time. It all started when he received a call from Baekhyun in the weekends. He looked quite disturbed after talking to his friend on the other line.

Constantly, you still send him messages- asking him how’s his day, reminding to eat and have enough sleep even though you wouldn’t receive any reply from him. The sudden change of him made you wary; previously he will hang out in your place or you’ll stay in his, he always find a time for you.

What happened to him? That friend who called using Baekhyun’s phone was it-

A deep sigh escaped from your plump lips, shaking off the disturbing things in your brain. Trust, was the only thing you were holding on right. Until then, you’d rather chose to close your ears from the buzzing rumours going around and wait for Chanyeol.

 

It has been the 12th time you checked your phone screen for this day, waiting for someone’s name to appear on the screen.

Your ears perked up when someone mentioned his name. At the end of the stair you were standing, Chanyeol was casually standing, his back facing you and a familiar female standing before him. 

The girl was familiar to you, as she was you senior in your course, you’ve seen her a couple of times back then when you were in your freshmen year and even shared the same surname- Bae Woo Hee- the famous ex-girlfriend of Chanyeol; the famous student who got an offer to study and train to different country.

A sweet smile lingering on her lips, indeed she was pretty like what they say.

Minah and Yerin, stop in their tracks and followed the gazes of the two girls who were walking in front of you. Since yesterday, you’ve been with them to divert your attention and to clear your mind from the awful thoughts molding in your head.

“Look its Park Chanyeol… and-” The girl wearing mint blue dress paused for a second and asked. “Is that… his ex-girlfriend?”

“It is her!” Her friend said. “Bae Woohee, the famous sunbae who went away for training. So it’s true that she’s back.”

It’s her- the one he mentioned previously- his first love. A sourly feeling churned in the pit of your stomach as you listened to them. The hold of yours tightened around the strap of the camera you were holding.

The mint blue dress girl hugged her friend’s arm, tugging them, beaming at the same time. “I’m envious at them! They look cute together.”

“I saw them yesterday at the mall. I think they went to see a movie together.”

“I thought he’s going out with Bae Eunmi?” The mint blue dress girl asked her friend, unaware that you were standing few steps behind them. “They’ve been hanging out for quite long now and Chanyeol treat her differently.”

Her friend sneakered, “Girl, they might be hanging out but clearly they are not together. Just look at Woohee sunbae and him!”

“Besides Eunmi is a girl that is quite reserved. Just look how many suitors she had but rejected them right away. For what I know they are only friends.” She continued. The both of them giggled as they share stories about the couple in front of them.

You wanted to cover your ears shut, each words coming out from them pierced the fragile organ within

Yerin and Minah threw a worriedly glance at you. Yerin rubbed your back, whispering and consoling you to not believe them. You wanted to but something stubborn inside of you does the latter.

The expression of Chanyeol was unknown to you as his back was facing your direction; on the other hand, Woohee was beaming at Chanyeol, conversing with him happily. The way she gazed at him, you recognized those eyes, the way she stared at him- because that’s the way you look at Chanyeol, full of affection and endearment.

A sudden lump got in your throat and irritation prickled your skin when Woohee held Chanyeol’s hands and swayed them, like a child begging cutely for a candy. Chanyeol wasn’t doing anything; unbothered to neither withdraw nor protest, he only stayed still, because of that, an emotion of heated displeasure escalated in your system.

The ringtone rang in your ears whereas a sudden cold screen contacted your heated skin.

Similar to what you were feeling, Minah and Yerin wanted to shout at Chanyeol, for him to know that his current girl was watching and getting tortured while he busily chatting with his ex-lover. Hence their temperament was shorter than you. While distracted to your own displeasure, Minah sneakily snatched the phone from your hand and dialed Chanyeol’s number.

“Hello?” a deep husky yet familiar voice echoed from the other line.

Minah mouthed you to ask him what he was doing, like a puppet you complied and ask him. The situation was too fast to comprehend by you. From afar, you see him withdraw his other hand from Woohee, ing them in his pocket.

“I’m meeting someone right now.” He answered. His face was now in full view as he turned sideways.

“W-Who?” You hesitantly asked him albeit knowing who it was.

The voice of Woohee could be heard from the other line, asking him to go with her to the bar they usual go.

“I’ll call you back in a while.” The voice of his laced with tinge of exasperation that you tried to brush it off; asking him again, if he could meet up with you just like what Yerin and Minah mouthing you. “I still have to go to a group meeting later.”

“I’ll call you if I’m free.” The grip on your phone tightened, asking him another question whilst Woohee got closer to him almost hugging him. “I told you I’ll call you soon. I’m going to hang up.”

From afar you could see how let out of tired breath, the tiredness and slight annoyance did not go unnoticed by you. Aside from jealousness, the doubt that you disregarded within started to light up again. It was the first time that he did not call with endearment; there was no trace of giddiness from his voice like the usual answer you get from him.

Minah and Yerin could feel the dejection slipping out of you and they started to rub your arms, comforting you.

The lump in your throat got bigger and almost block the wind pipe the moment Woohee circled her arms around Chanyeol’s waist, pulling him to follow her.

The trust you build started to crumble although your other side, your mellow side of you rather held it, unwilling to let it break, not until you speak to Chanyeol and clarify the situation.

“Seems like he’s busy, let’s go eat.” Although you feel hurt, you tried to cover it up with a smile, sounding cheerful as ever. “I’m starving.” You tugged the both of them, going to a different direction, the opposite direction where Chanyeol and Woohee standing.

Hence the two girls did not let you and chose the other path, insisting that the school gate was nearer.

 

Chanyeol’s expression morphed into something dreadful, his face turned pale the moment you strode passed him. The tiredness and irritation he had feeling for the minutes changed to guilt- guilty for lying to you and caught red handed whilst you walk pass him without unreadable expression.

For the past days

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter