fourteen

Know More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter14

The land was moist and bit chilly albeit thankfully the down pouring rain was over and clear blue skies greeted the golden sun. Chanyeol opened his window and the cool morning air filled his lungs as took a deep breath. Faint chirping of birds could be heard and the morning dewdrops glisten under the morning sunlight.

He was the first one to be awake because of the weight that kept on squirming above him brought him back to consciousness, upon opening his eyes, an angelic face welcomed him back to reality.

Chanyeol leaned window, gazing at the girl that curled on the couch. The way your nose crinkled and furrowed your brows brighten up his day. Sensing that you were waking up from slumber, he strolled towards you.

“Morning sleepy head,” he greeted, combing your dark locks with his fingers. “What do you want for breakfast, oppa will cook.”

Half awake, you shake your head at the same time rubbing your eyes to have clearer vision. “Still sleepy?” he asked, his morning voice gone to lower octave. With your arms draped over his shoulders and legs wrapped around his waist, Chanyeol carried you like a koala hugging a bamboo tree. “Alright, let’s sleep in the bedroom.”

The doorbell rang and few knocks can be heard from the other side of the front door. You squirmed in his arms when Toben barks at the person outside. Chanyeol strolled to the front door with in you sleeping in his arms.

The blue sky above him turned to grey upon seeing at the unexpected visitor early in the morning.

“Woohee, what are you doing here?” His toned was apathetic, unpleased by her appearance.

She was excited to give him a surprise visit despite of spurning her yesterday. The optimism she gathered last night went all down to drain after seeing Chanyeol carrying a sleeping girl in his arms. Woohee craned her neck to have a clear vision of your face however the loose locks of hairs covered your face.

Chanyeol cleared his throat getting her attention back to him. “So what are you doing here?”

“I brought breakfast,” she lifted two paper bags, the smell of the freshly cooked meals whiffed to his nose. “Is she…” Woohee trailed off, astonished to even finish her question.

“I did mention to you yesterday that I am seeing someone else right?” This should be a peaceful morning between the two of you then Woohee came into the picture, ruining it.

In interest, she raised her brow. “What is she doing here?”

Chanyeol sneered, asking her back, “And why can’t my girl stay here at my place?” Her face contorted into resentful that did not go unnoticed by him and it pumped him to mock her further.

Woohee collected her all might, showing her famous bright smile at him. “Anyway, wake her up so we can eat together.”

Chanyeol blocked her path when she attempted to set a foot inside, “I already prepared our breakfast and will have it later. She’s tired from all the activity we’ve done last night.”

Woohee expression hardened, watching how Chanyeol lulled you to sleep, gently rubbing your back and whispering sweet words when you squirmed in his arms. “I have to put her on bed, she wants to sleep longer.”

Setting aside the bitterness, Woohee beamed, “Great! Then we can chat for a bit as we wait for her to wake up. I do want to meet the girlfriend of my childhood friend. I bet will be good friends.”

By the loudness of her voice Chanyeol’s eyes turned into slit at the girl before him, for disturbing you up from your slumber. Woohee was taken back by how he glared at her.

“Yeol,” your voice was hoarse due to dryness for not drinking for hours.

Chanyeol hummed in response, patting your head to put back to sleep. “Alright, we’ll go to bed.” Chanyeol caressed your head soothingly. “I’m sorry but you have to go Woohee. Don’t worry I’ll attend your welcome party later.” He gently closed the door.

His brown orbs soften and full of adoration, that’s how he gazed at her before when they were couple, when they were crazily in love. All she wants was to be together with him again. She visualized that Chanyeol will welcome her once she came back, that he will accept her again and will returned how should things used to be. However all of those will remain as her imagination.

Jealousness surged into Wohoee’s veins, almost snapping them from anger. Despite how Chanyeol pushed her she will not waver, she will get what she wants and this evening she will get what’s belong to her. She will get Park Chanyeol back to her embrace.

 

Chanyeol watched across the table as you lively interact with the club members. Woohee hasn’t arrived yet, in fact he wishes that she would not show up at all, it’s better that way. Even though it will be uncomfortable he had no choice but to attend, he doesn’t want you to attend alone knowing that it will be a drinking session.

Prior going to the bar, you talked to him to be nice or at least be civilized to Woohee. He will comply provided Woohee wouldn’t cross the borderline of his temper.

His ears perked up when he heard Jaehyun saying in teasing manner, “This is your welcome party yet you arrived late.”

Woohee apologized, showing her sweet smile to them. She purposely arrived late so the crowd’s attention will be on hers. She did her hair, makeup and chose a stunning dress to capture Chanyeol’s attention. But none of it worked as Chanyeol deliberately averted his gaze.

“Since you arrived prettily, apology accepted!” One of the guys said.

On the other hand you clenched your fists under the table when Mark, who sitting beside Chanyeol offered his seat to Woohee and even, pulled the chair closer to Chanyeol. The worst part, they were sitting just in front of you.

Since it’s her party and you don’t want to spoil her night, you chose to endure it however if ever she crosses the line, you wouldn’t sit back and just watch.

The night gets deeper and bottles and glasses of alcohol multiplied on the table, the members were mildly inebriated whilst having fun. As expected the crowds’ attention fell on the host of the celebration, catching up the events that she missed while she was away.

Woohee savoured the moment, clinging to Chanyeol and flirting with him at the same time. She endeavoured to get his attention, engaging him to a conversation.

Chanyeol talks to her in short yet nicest way as possible, remembering the words you had said to him. He felt uncomfortable not because of Woohee but because how the males tries to get close to you, continuously offering you liquor.

Although your vision started to get hazy because of the low tolerance you have, you still accepts the drinks, deliberately taking small sips so your glass wouldn’t get poured by the bitter liquid again.

“Woohee noona, you got prettier.” One of the male complimented. The rest then shifted their eyes to the male sitting beside her when he added, “And to think that the two of you will reunite again. You two should get back together.”

“Before Chanyeol hyung will often fetch her and always bring her home safely.” Mark said before chugging a glass of beer.

“Remember when you always scold Woohee for drinking too much even though she has a good tolerance of alcohol.” Taeil said, recalling the times they went out for drinks.

“Most of the time Chanyeol always end up drunk than her.” Jaewoo cackled.

All of them started teasing them together, bringing out the old sweet memories they had shared. Woohee did not complain and even joined their conversation adding fuel in the fire inside of Chanyeol. The veins in his hand were getting prominent as he clenched his fists under the table.

“How about a love shot that you always do in the past?” Someone suggested.

Woohee filled Chanyeol’s glass and hers as the members cheered for a love shot. Your teeth found its way between your lower lip, biting them hard and almost tasting the red viscous liquid that circulates in your body.

“Let’s just enjoy our time comfortably.” He kindly declined the love shot. Chanyeol worriedly glanced at his lady; he knew under that unreadable expression you were wearing, negative thoughts swirled in your mind. “Let’s play a game instead.”

Jaewoo agreed and divert the awkward situation to his ideas of games; somehow he felt something eerie in the atmosphere and helped Chanyeol out. Woohee reluctantly followed suit and participated to the game, afraid to push

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter