one

Know More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1

You were peacefully sitting on a wooden bench, a book in hand, engrossed on the novel you were reading and ignoring the world around you. Books is one of your get away ticket from the bustling world of reality. Sometimes you pretend to be the female lead in the stories you are reading. Wanting to experience the tingling feeling and fleeting moments.

You were one of the members of no-boyfriend-since-birth club. Although you went to dates way back in highschool, actually it was more like you were forced to go on dates, got confessed by couple of boys, on the other hand none of those males got your heart. You do have crushes here and there hence you were certain that it was only an infatuation. Infatuation and love are different from each other.

Infatuation is the feeling of getting carried away, a short time fluttery. While love has stronger and intense affection to other person. At least that’s how you define those two words. Rushing things to commit in a relationshup was not something you desired, you let the time and heaven to do their own. If it is bound to happen then it will be, no matter how things swirls things up, it will be your destiny.

Heaving a sigh, you closed the book you were holding, not forgetting to fold the corner as a bookmark, you let your eyes wander around the place. The leaves around you were falling out from their branches making a colourful blanket on the ground. The country is painted with several shades of brown, orange, red, and yellow- the colors of autumn season. Wanting to capture the beautiful scenery in front of you, you fished out your camera from your bag that you often bring with you. Friends of yours kept telling you to pursue photography but you rather keep as a hobby. Whenou've been thinking of joining photography club yet you were too shy to ask.

You took pictures here and there, along with the students who were walking around the campus and enjoying their friends' company. Scanning around the area to search for more, your eyes landed on the two birds that were playing around with the colourful leaves. The ends of your lips curve because of the sight in front of you.

Before you could even clicked the capture button the birds flew away because of a certain person yelled out your name, startling the birds. You send a glre to the intruder, interrupting the moment.

A lady was jogging to your direction. She has milky skin, lighter brown wavy hair, pair of sparkly eyes, a thin straight nose and thin glossy lips. People who know her define her as a beauty and now one couldn't argue with that fact.

“Bae Eunmi!” She was ecstatically yelling out your name. Students who were passing by, turned their heads to the lady who was running towards you.

You hissed. “You let my birds flew.”

The lady stood in front of you, eyes on the book on your lap reading the love sick title before she smirked, “You seriously need a boyfriend, my friend.”

“Correction, I’m your cousin technically I’m a family and not a friend. Bae Joohyun.” You said in matter-fact before rolling your eyes, waving your hand dismissively. “And I’m perfectly happy with my status.”

Lie, Just any people around there, you desire to go on dates, with your boyfriend, a guy that is your lover and not with a random guy you are set up with.

“I’m older than you so better call me unnie.” You flinched after she flicked you forehead. “Let’s go” she linked her arms to yours and made way to the library.

Joohyun was 2 years older than you, although she doesn’t mind whether you speak in informal way to her (well on rare occasions she does mind it). She taking up English Language and Literature and in her third year. You too grew up together in Daegu and move to Seoul to continue your studies.

“Why aren’t you wearing the dress I bought for you?” she frowned, checking out your outfit composed with beige turtle neck long sleeves, denim pants and white sneakers. “We are suppose to have a matching outfit! We talk about this last week.” She pouted like a child.

“Wow. And you said you’re older than me.” You ruffled her hair, earning a groan from her after swatting your hand from her head. “At least the color of my top is matching with your coat.”

“You swore to me that you’ll wear more dresses this semester.”

Before entering the university, Joohyun taught you a lot of things. Starting how to put make up, dressing up yourself.

You’re a beauty still you have to enhance it sweetie and you better throw all of your old granny clothes in your closet. You also can’t wear the big baggy shirts when you to go college!

You weren’t that boyish type or girly type to dress up. Let’s just say you are in between, as long as the clothes are comfortable that’s enough for you. Joohyun was a great help building up your fashion sense, at least you don’t hastily wear clothes that you first fished out from your closet. With her help you got to learn how to match and mix things up. You still remember how she got rid almost all of your clothes and talked to your parents that you need to go shopping for new ones. Your parents agreed right away and your father gave you the permission to use his card. Your father even teased you after you got home from the mall and your mother made you tried the outfits that you bought. He said that you were finally learning how to dress as a normal teenager The fact that your father dramatically wiped the nonexistence tear from the corner of his eye.

You rolled your eyes. “But I was running late this morning and the fact that I have to deliver Sehun’s food.”

“Deliver?” She asked in curious tone.

“One of my professors gave us project and it’s only the second week of the semester.” You exasperatedly wave your free hand in the air. “Anyway, we have to pass it before second quarter starts and Sehun offered me some help. In return I have to give him breakfast until then.”

Joohyun laughed at you albeit she knew how Sehun can annot the hell out of you. "You’ll be fine sweetie.”

“Good morning Eunmi. Joohyun sunbae!” A group of students kindly smiled at us as we pass by. In acknowledge, both of your smiled in return.

“Classmate of yours?” She tugged your arm the moment you were far away from the group. In reply, you muttered "no" and shook your head.

You weren’t surprised by the time you entered the university and found out about Joohyun being a popular girl. Well she has the looks and the brain, also has a great personality. She’s a down to earth person and never let the popular thing gets in her head. Because of her students starts to recognize you.

On your second semester in the university, news spread in the campus about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter