Protecting You

Crush Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung was sitting by herself at the park. She made sure she was far enough from the older girls before she broke down on her own. She felt pathetic. She gave up her love so that Chaeyeon and Sakura can be happy. For Wonyoung, she did not want to be the reason for Sakura and Chaeyeon breakup. Sakura and Chaeyeon deserves each other. Wonyoung covered her face with her hand, still crying hard.

 

“Hey,”

 

Wonyoung felt someone was sitting next to her. A pair of hand pulled her for a hug. Wonyoung knew that smell, it was familiar because it was Yujin.

 

“Wonnie, I’m here now,”

 

Wonyoung snuggled deeper into Yujin’s embrace. She could not hide her sadness anymore and broken completely in Yujin’s arm. Yujin her back slowly, hoping that Wonyoung would calm down.

 

“Just cry your heart out, I will stay here,”

 

= = = = =

 

Chaeyeon and Sakura were standing stiff, facing each other, did not even talk. Just staring at each other and let their eyes did the talking.

 

“Sorry....” 

 

Chaeyeon looked down after saying that. Chaeyeon felt like an idiot in front of Sakura. She let Wonyoung date Sakura but at the same time she was spying on them. Chaeyeon was trying her best to forget Sakura but her heart would not let her. 

 

“Hey,”

 

Chaeyeon felt a soft hand touching her cheek. Chaeyeon raised her head and she saw Sakura so close to her. Chaeyeon saw the fallen tears from Sakura’s eyes.

 

“Saku-chan, why are you crying?” Chaeyeon asked.

 

Sakura cupped Chaeyeon’s face with both hand, leaned closer and pinned their forehead together.

 

“Because I miss you so much,” Sakura confessed.
“Saku-chan,”
“Don’t hurt me like that again, I hate it, I don’t like it,”

 

Chaeyeon nodded and soon, Chaeyeon pulled Sakura for a hug. 

 

“I’m really sorry Saku-chan,” Chaeyeon repeated.
“I don’t want to lose you, I just can’t,”

 

Just like their younger sisters, they were in each other embrace for the comfort they needed.

 

= = = = =

 

Chaeyeon and Wonyoung were sitting side by side on the couch in their house. It had been two days since Wonyoung decided to surrender her love for Sakura. Wonyoung did not talk to Chaeyeon at all. Wonyoung spent most of her time in her room or at Yujin’s place. She even slept there.

 

“Wonnie,” Chaeyeon broke the silence.
“Hmm?”
“I don’t want us to be like this,”
“What do you mean unnie?” Wonyoung acted clueless.
“If you still like Sakura, I-“
“No unnie, don’t. You and Kkura unnie love each other. Don’t do that stupid thing again. It’s better if I’m the one who step down,” Wonyoung cut her.
“But, you ignore me! I hate it when you did that, I want my baby Wonnie too!” Chaeyeon said with tears b in her eyes.

 

How much she missed the younger girl that always cling onto her. Wonyoung usually talked a lpt but lately Wonyoung drew a line between them and it hurts Chaeyeon.

 

“Unnie, why are you crying?”
“I want my fluffy Wonnie back,” Chaeyeoj continued sobbing.
“Unnie....”

 

Wonyoung felt bad for Chaeyeon and she started to cry too.

 

“Why..are you crying too?” Chaeyeon cried.
“You are crying...I cannot see you cry...” Wonyoung sobbed.
“Stop crying...you did nothing wrong...”
“You too! It’s not your fault Kkura unnie doesn’t love me,”
“Wonnie...”
“Unnie..”

 

With that, Chaeyeon and Wonyoung cried while hugging. Wonyoung who realised how much Chaeyeon loves her finally admit in defeat and could not deny she loves Chaeyeon too. Fighting over a love was not worth it if you have to lose someone dear to you. 

 

= = = = =

 

Wonyoung was lying down on the rooftop, gazing at the star in the sky. The night gets deeper as time passed but Wonyoung was still in a deep thought. It was a good thing that she let out her feelings even though it hurts. Feels like she had thrown away her burden. Her chest felt lighter for some reason.

 

“Hey what are you doing?”

 

Wonyoung saw Yujin lying down next to her. She let her be and continued watching the stars. 

 

“Feeling better?” Yujin asked.
“Never better,”
“Great!”

 

Yujin stole a glance on Wonyoung and admired the beauty of the girl next to her. Unknowingly, she grinned like an idiot.

 

“Yujinnie, do you think I can reach the star?” Wonyoung questioned.
“No,”

 

Wonyoung turned to Yujin, feeling unsatisfied with her answer.

 

“I’m telling the truth, unless you are an astronaut, then maybe you can,” Yujin explained.

 

Wonyoung gifted Yujin a soft slapped on her arm and Yujin giggled at her.

 

“Having fun aren’t you?” Wonyoung pouted her lips.
“You are cute when you are mad,” Yujin kept laughing.
“I hate you Yujin!”
“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter