Coward

Crush Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sakura and I are dating!”

 

Sakura widened her eyes in shock and almost choked in her food while Yena let out a small sighed.

 

“Lee Chaeyeon, what are you talking about?” One of the student asked.

 

Chaeyeon took a glimpse at Sakura and suddenly she realised her mistake. She likes Sakura but does Sakura likes her back? She did not even think of that.

 

“Chaeyeon! Are you serious about what you said?” Another student asked.

 

An idea popped out of her mind. A really crazy one. The school musical is coming and the lead role had not been chosen. Since Sakura seemed to fit the role, and somehow Chaeyeon did not want to make things awkward with Sakura, she simply said,

 

“Yes, for the upcoming school musical, Sakura and I will take the leading role where we act as a couple that are dating, and in love of course,” Chaeyeon bit her lip, thought she did great to cover her stupid mistake.

 

Yena’s jaw dropped and Sakura confusion hit the limit.

 

“I hope all of you will come to see the musical! I promise you it will be the best show ever!”

 

Chaeyeon finished her speech and sprinted out of the cafe. The other students whispered, started to update their social media of the news. Chaeyeon is known for her talent in musical but Sakura? The students got excited because Sakura was new and she got to star in the musical.

 

“Yena, what musical Chaeyeon was talking about?” Sakura asked.
“That idiot Chaeyeon, the musical is a performance, where we act and-“
“I know what is musical bit what musical did she mention?”
“Owh, the upcoming Winter musical, in 2 months, and Chaeyeon is the lead and I guess you too,”
“I need to talk to Chaeyeon!”

 

Sakura rushed out of the cafe to find Chaeyeon. She searched through every room until she found Chaeyeon in a music room. Chaeyeon was inside, sitting in front of a piano. Chaeyeon did not play it, just staring blank at the music sheet on it.

 

“Chaeyeon,”

 

Sakura took a seat next to Chaeyeon and Chaeyeon felt nervous. Of course because she just announced to the school that Sakura was going to act alongside her in the upcoming musical without her consent

“Saku-chan,”
“Any explanation? I guess I deserve one?” Sakura questioned.
“I want to tell you about it, but I don’t think you will agree so I guess that way help,” Chaeyeon lied.
“I can’t act, so I won’t do it, and you didn’t even discuss with me about it,”
“Sorry,”
“So, can I withdraw from it?”

 

Chaeyeon turned to Sakura.

 

“No! Please no!”
“But really Chaeyeon, I can’t do it!” 
“Saku-chan, if you agree, I will do anything for you!” Chaeyeon offered.
“Anything?”
“Anything you want!” Chaeyeon was determine.
“Okay, you need to cook for me everyday,”
“Deal!” Chaeyeon said without thinking further.
“Okay, but this is my first time doing a musical and I hope you won’t scold me if I did any mistake,”
“Don’t worry, I choose you so I believe you will do well,” Chaeyeon assured.

 

Sakura let out a sighed. She could not believe she agreed to star in the musical. Since meeting Chaeyeon, a lot of unexpected things happened. On Chaeyeon’s side, Chaeyeon was relieve because she managed to cover things up but at the same time, she was in trouble because she chose the lead without discussing with the team.

 

= = = = =

 

A few days later,

 

“Are you sure about this?” 

 

Chaeyeon was in the middle of the dance studio, surrounded by her friends. News spread so everyone wanted an explanation from Chaeyeon. The group consist of Chaeyeon, Yena, Seulgi, Irene, Lisa and Jennie.

 

“She didn’t even audition for it!” Seulgi said.
“Seulgi is right! What if she didn’t perform well?” Irene added.
“Guys, trust me okay? She will do great! We will see her perform today and if she fail, we will choose another person,” Chaeyeon said.
“Okay, don’t disappoint us Chaeyeon, you are our leader but still, we are a team,” Jennie reminded.
“I won’t, let’s see her perform first,”

 

The four took a seat on the side joining Yena who was there since the beginning. Yena was just watching everything and silently enjoying it. Chaeyeon met  Sakura who was waiting outside. Sakura was really nervous.

 

“Chaeyeon, I can’t do it!” Sakura said.
“Saku-chan, you can! You practice hard for this!"

 

For the past few days, Chaeyeon trained with Sakura and Chaeyeon had to admit, Sakura is talented. She might lacked the skills but if she trained more, Chaeyeon believed Sakura will play the character well.

 

“I’m scared Chaeyeon,” Sakura said, with her eyes looking like a cat, a really cute one.

 

Chaeyeon took Sakura’s hand and said,

 

“I trust you Saku-chan, and I know you can do well,”

 

They looked into each other eyes. The time stopped again, the violin play and the wind blew. They were lost into each other eyes, nothing said but the way they stared at each other tells a thousands stories.

 

“Sorry for ruining your moment but we are waiting,” Yena peeked from the door.

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon let go of each other hand and scratched their head in embarrassment.

 

“Let’s go,”

 

Sakura stood nervously in front of the team. Sakura looked from the left, from Irene, Seulgi, Jennie, Lisa,  Yena and lastly Chaeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter