Twist

Crush Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowd was still whispering as they witnessed the popular actress Kim Minju hugging Yujin. They wondered what happened to Yujin.

 

“Yujinnie?”

 

Yujin did not respond to Minju. Minju noticed the students taking pictures so she took Yujin away from the crowd, headed to the nearest classroom. Minju locked the door. She told Yujin to sit and she made sure nobody entered or listened to them. Minju then went to Yujin and kneeled in front of her. Yujin stopped crying but she look scared.

 

“Yujin...,” Minju called as she reached for her hand. Yujin was not looking at Minju. She kept thinking about the clown. 
“Are you scared?” 

 

Yujin nodded like a kid. 

 

BAM!

 

A loud slam on the door surprised Yujin. Yujin jumped onto Minju arm and hugged her tight. Minju turned to the door and she was relieve that the door remained locked. 

 

“It’s nothing, just the student,” Minju assured.
“I’m scared!” Yujin said, trembling in fear in Minju’s arm.
“I’m here, there is nothing to be afraid,”
“I want to go home!”

 

Yujin broke from the hug and stared at Minju’s eyes, asking for help. There were tears in Yujin’s eye and clearly shown she was scared. Minju smiled and touched Yujin’s cheek,

 

“Okay, I will send you home,”

 

= = = = =

 

Wonyoung twisted the door knob and entered slowly. She was holding Yujin’s schoolbag which she brought from school. Yujin left without a word so Wonyoung helped to carry her things back. Wonyoung was inside the Miyawaki’s house, looking for Yujin. However, she stopped at the living room when she saw Minju there on her phone. Minju hurriedly ended the call when she saw Wonyoung. Minju bowed politely and so did Wonyoung.

 

“What are you doing here?” Wonyoung asked.
“I took her home, so I stay a bit in case she needs me, and what about you?”
“I want to return her bag,” Wonyoung showed the bag.
“I see, you can put it here, Yujin is still sleeping,” Minju instructed.

 

Wonyoung out Yujin’s bag on the chair. She looked at Minju.

 

“You must be busy, you can go do your work, I will take care of her,” Wonyoung offered.
“I’m not, I’m on my break, so I will take care of her,” Minju refused.
“But I don’t think your girlfriend will like it if you stay here,”
“Chaewon and I are over,” Minju simply said.

 

Wonyoung was taken aback by the sudden news. Minju and Chaewon are done for and Yujin did not know about it.

 

“What happened?” Wonyoung asked out of curiousity.
“Like you said, she dislike me being together with Yujin,” 
“You break up with her because of Yujin?”.

 

Minju just nodded. 

 

“So what are you going to do now?” Wonyoung questioned.
“I want to stay by Yujin’s side, if I can,” 

 

Wonyoung flustered. It felt like the world had turned against her again. 

 

“Wonnie?”

 

Their conversation was cut off when Yujin appeared. Yujin’s eyes were swollen and she really looked pale. Minju rushed to Yujin.

 

“Hey are you feeling better?” Minju checked Yujin’s temperature.
“Better I think,”
“You are still not okay, want me to cook something for you?” 
“It’s fine, I will just cook some ramyeon later,”
“No ramyeon, I’m going to cook you some porridge,” Minju said and left for the kitchen.

 

Yujin let out a sighed and later she realised there was another person there, watching them. 

 

“Wonnie,” Yujin now felt like she had done something bad.
“I guess I have nothing to worry about,”
“It’s not like that, this is all just-,”
“Don’t worry. I’m glad she’s here to take care of you and yeah, I’m here to return your bag only,” Wonyoung added.
“Let’s eat together then,” 
“No thanks, I don’t want to disturb you guys,” Wonyoung refused.
“Wonnie-,”
“I will take my leave, bye,”

 

Yujin watched silently as Wonyoung disappeared from her sight. She looked at the kitchen and Minju was still busy cooking. Yujin felt bad for Wonyoung but she could not deny the feelings for Minju was there. As much as she wanted Wonyoung by her side, she wanted Minju too. 

 

“Yujin?”

 

Yujin snapped out of her own thought when Minju called her to eat. Yujin sat next to Minju. Minju scoop a spoon of the hot porridge, blow soft on it and,

 

“Open up,”

 

Yujin did as instructed and ate the porridge. 

 

“It’s delicious,” Yujin complimented.

 

Yujin ate silently and Minju also did not talk until Yujin finished eating. Yujin told Minju to sit while Yujin went to clean up the dishes. As Yujin was washing, she felt a pair of hand slipped on her waist from behind. 

 

“Is my Yujinnie okay?” 

 

Yujin’s heart beats fast again. It was the same as before. She could feel the heat from Minju’s body. It is warm and comforting.

 

“I’m okay, don’t worry,”
“But I’m not,” Minju said as she leaned her head on Yujin’s back at the same time hugging her tight.

 

Yujin put the plate down and asked,

 

“What happened?”
“Chaewon and me are over for real,” Minju replied.
“You guys will get back together again after this,”
“No we won’t,” 
“Why?”
“Because I don’t want to hurt her anymore,” 
“But you love her more than anything, you couldn’t live without her,” Yujin stated.
“That’s what I thought but now I know, it’s not her who I couldn’t live with, it is another person,” 
“Another person? Who?” Yujin was cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter