It's Complicated

Crush Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Because I want to make you mine,”

 

Wonyoung and Yujin froze while locked into each other eyes. Wonyoung was too shock to reply Yujin. Yujin was staring at her with a serious face and her grip on Wonyoung’s hand get stronger.

 

“Yujin...”

 

That was the only words that came out from Wonyoung’s mouth. Suddenly, Yujin expression changed. She grinned and laughed. Wonyoung gets confused.

 

“Yujin?”

 

Yujin released Wonyoung’s and laughed while rolling on the bed. 

 

“Yujin? What is that?”

 

Yujin pointed at Wonyoung,

 

“Your expression was priceless, you really fell for that don’t you? Hahaha...”

 

Wonyoung finally understand the whole situation. Yujin was playing prank on her. Wonyoung bit her lips and started to hit Yujin.

 

“You crazy dog!”

 

Yujin kept laughing even though Wonyoung was hitting her playfully. Looking at Yujin acting crazy made Wonyoung smile. Again, Yujin made her felt better. But, for Yujin, it was the other way round. She meant what her say but the stupid side of her appeared and ruined it all. Yujin knew she likes Wonyoung more than a friend, but at the same time, she knew Wonyoung liked Sakura. She wanted to stay close to Wonyoung and did not want to make it awkward between them. She will protect her, silently.

 

= = = = =

 

Sakura woke up from her sleep and found herself inside Chaeyeon’s room. Her head felt dizzy. Sakura walked out of the room and saw Chaeyeon in the living room. As usual, Chaeyeon looks pretty even she was reading book. Chaeyeon put her book down when she saw Sakura.

 

“You are up,” Chaeyeon greeted, cold.
“Yeah...”
“You should go home,”

 

Sakura felt like she was stabbed by a knife. The cold treatment was on another level but she knew the exact reason why.

 

“So, we are really breaking up aren’t we?” Sakura asked.

 

No answer from Chaeyeon.

 

“For Wonyoung? You sure?” Sakura asked again.
“Just leave Saku-chan,” 
“You really breaking up with me because of her?”
“I’m sorry but I love her and I don’t plan on hurting her,” Chaeyeon answered.
“So you are planning to hurt yourself for her?”
“She deserves to be happy,”
“How about you then? Don’t you?”
“I’m fine, I can handle this well,” Chaeyeon replied.
“How about me? Do you even care how I feel?”
“I do...”
“Really? Because I don’t think so. You are trying to make Wonyoung happy by sacrificing us,”
“Saku-chan, please...just go,” Chaeyeon begged as she did not want to argue with Sakura.
“Okay, if you want Wonyoung to be happy, I will date her instead, and make her happy,”

 

Sakura walked out of the house after slamming on the door. Chaeyeon closed her eyes and tears fell from her eyes.

 

“Saku-chan...I’m really sorry,”

 

= = = = =

 

That evening, there was a volleyball friendly game held. Wonyoung and Yujin both participated after a strong push from their classmate which thought their height would help a lot. The athletic Yujin did well and so did Wonyoung. The first set went smooth with no injury but the game turned fierce in the second set after some misunderstanding of some members. The opponent thought Yujin was cheating which clearly she did not. She just aced the game. Yujin did not really care and continued the game. The first service, Yujin serve well that the opponent was unable to receive. Wonyoung high fived Yujin for her great service.

 

The game continued and it came to the point it was the opponent turn to service. Unexpectedly, Wonyoung received the ball well and Yujin got to score a point for their team and lead to then winning the match. Wonyoung and Yujin joined the group victory hug. 

 

“You did great!” Yujin praised Wonyoung.
“You did great too Yujinnie!” Wonyoung ruffled Yujin’s hair.
“Yah!! Stop it!”

 

Yujin and Wonyoung were laughing when Wonyoung saw one of the girl from the opposing team threw the ball on Yujin. Wonyoung pushed Yujin and Wonyoung’s head was hit instead. 

 

“Aww...”

 

Wonyoung squealed in pain, touching her head, rubbing it. She felt dizzy, lost her balance and fell. That was a really strong hit.

 

“Wonnie! Are you okay?” Yujin kneeled down.
“I’m fine...” Wonyoung replied but still holding her head.
“That idiot!” 

 

Yujin gritted her teeth and wanted to revenger but Wonyoung pulled her hand and shook her head, signalling Yujin to stop.

 

“But-“
“It’s okay, I’m fine,” Wonyoung assured.

 

Yujin saw the red bruises on Wonyoung’s left forehead. 

 

“Let’s treat your head first,”

 

Yujin took Wonyoung back to their tent. She borrowed the first aid kit from the instructor. Yujin instructed Wonyoung to sit.

 

“Let me see,”

 

Yujin took the wet tissue and slowly she cleaned the bruises. Wonyoung closed her eyes, holding in the pain. Yujin leaned closer and blew on the bruise. Wonyoung’s face felt hold as the wind hit her head. Yujin was so close to her. Wonyoung touched her pounding heart. It was about to burst.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter