Chapter 9

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found myself sat on the laminated flooring of a practice room as Jimin and Hoseok went over some steps that they were choreographing together while the music played on in the background.

True to their word, both of them had delivered me to their Manager who already had my copy of the contract printed out.

I was actually surprised over how thick the contract had turned out to be.

“Take as long as you need to read through it.” Sejin had advised me. It was clear he wasn’t exactly thrilled about going along with Taehyung’s spontaneous hiring but I guess he figured going against Taehyung would be more troublesome. Regardless of his reasons, I decided not to question him about it. Instead, I bowed my head in thanks.

It wasn’t until I was halfway down the corridor that I noticed Jimin and J-Hope were following after me. Coming to a halt, I turned to face the two of them, waiting for them to say whatever it was that they had to say to me.

“Are you busy today?” Jimin was the one to ask.

“Beside reading this? Not so much but judging by how thick this contract is I think it might take me longer than a day to read the whole thing.” I exclaimed which made the two of them laugh.

“Over the top much?” J-Hope asked.

“Duh. But it is bigger than I thought it would be.” I couldn’t help but grin. They seemed to understand my dry sarcasm.

It was a nice change from Umma who took every little thing I ever said seriously.

“Why not hang out with us for a while? We’ve booked the practice room for the afternoon to run through some choreography. You could come along and read the contract. If you don’t understand something then we could help explain it a little better. We both have some experience when it comes to reading through contracts.” Jimin offered.

I didn’t notice it at the time but I must have been sizing the two of them up when J-Hope feigned shock and placed his hands over his chest.

“Why are you looking at us like that?” He questioned.

Chewing my bottom lip, I shrugged my shoulders.

“I was just thinking you both are nothing like Taehyung and Jungkook…”

“Why? Because we’re in the same group, we automatically have to be exactly alike?” J-Hope questioned but the small smile on his lips told me he was trying to say that in a playful way.

“If you sign that contract it means that you'll probably be spending a lot of time with all of us. It might be a good idea to get to know us as individuals.” Jimin shrugged his shoulders, tucking his hands into his jeans pockets.

Looking from one good looking guy to the other, I saw logic in what Jimin was saying and that is how I came to sit on the laminated flooring of the practice room with my back resting against the wall made of mirrors. The sheets of paper I had already read through spread out in front of me.

Many times now had both of them stopped what they were doing to explain a part of the contract that I didn’t understand. At first I had felt stupid and embarrassed when I had to ask for help but by the fifth time, I was pretty confident about it, even managing to joke about with the two of them. I had made sure to jot down notes as they translated the jargon for me. So far, the contract seem justified.

All my terms were in there with a few of Taehyung’s. Terms of keeping things professional, No social media accounts that include the members of BTS, Dress code, and even a policy to keep anything I learn about BTS to myself. Complete confidentiality.

Reading the last page of the contract, I felt my eyes widen as I read the final line on the sheet of paper. It was right above the part of the contract where I would have to sign my name on the dotted line.

“What? This can’t be right…” I mumbled which caught Jimin’s attention. He made his way over to where I sat and took a seat on the floor beside me.

“What’s the problem?” He asked, genuinely wanting to help me.

“It says here that if I sign this contract and somehow break one of the terms then Taehyung will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter