Chapter 7

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, I woke up especially early. I knew that Taehyung’s flight was due to land at 9:30 but I wanted to make sure that I looked my best for my first day on the job. Not that I needed to worry about first impressions. They had all pretty much met me already.

I hadn’t contacted Taehyung even though he had told me to when I came to a decision.

It was mainly because I had suspected that I may have second thoughts about the job and I didn’t want to get his hopes up only to back out last minute. That and over seas phone call charges were very expensive. Taehyung could wait and find out my answer when we once again stood on the same continent.

After raiding my closet for something to wear, I eventually settled on a pair of denim skinny jeans coupled with a plain grey T-shirt. I had no clue if my attire was acceptable but at least I was comfortable in them. Grabbing a simple shoulder strapped black purse, I left my bedroom and cautiously made my way downstairs.

Umma had gotten wind that I had quit my job yesterday and had kicked up a big fuss about it last night. Needless to say it had not gone well.

What started out as her voicing her opinions on my decision quickly escalated into an argument between the two of us while Appa played the role of referee.

Once I got to the bottom of the stairs, I made my way down the hallway and into the kitchen. Appa stood by the island with a mug of streaming coffee between his hands.

“Good morning Princess. All ready for your first day at work?” Appa asked with a small smile.

I knew that smile too well.

It was a smile that told me that he was trying to be supportive of me but also trying to be loyal to how Umma was feeling. Sometimes I felt bad for Appa who often found himself stuck in the middle of mine and Umma’s arguments.

He had a natural talent for playing Team Switzerland and for that, I decided to humor him.

“Of course. I’m so ready for today.” I sang which made Appa flash one of his genuine smiles my way.

“You sound excited.” He commented.

Not wanting to miss a beat, a smirk appeared on my lips.

“Working for seven successful gorgeous men. What’s not to be excited about?”

The smile on Appa’s face quickly dropped, I tried to stiffle my laugh.

“Careful Princess, I might have to lock you in your room and throw away the key. You just described every Appa’s worst nightmare.”

I smiled and nodded my head with his statement.

“Don’t worry. None of them seem to be my type. You won’t have to go chase any of them away.” I reassured him.

Appa raised a curious eyebrow at me.

“You have a type?”

“I better get going.” I said, intentionally ignoring Appa’s question.

Quickly making my get away, I heard Appa calling after me.

“What’s your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter