Chapter 10

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning I woke up and sent Taehyung a text. Jumping out from the blankets of my bed, I took a quick shower before getting dressed. I chose a white denim skirt that cut off just above my knee to match a pale pink long sleeved sweater. I tied my still damp hair up into a loose bun before grabbing a beige bag that hung off my shoulder.

I made sure I placed the contract safely inside when I received a reply from Taehyung answering my ‘Where are you right now?’ message I had sent him.

Looking at my phone, I read his reply.

‘Still home but we’re leaving in an hour for our schedule.’

I didn’t bother replying and instead threw my phone into my bag along with my purse and house keys.

Leaving my bedroom, I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen where Appa sat at the island reading a newspaper.

“Morning Princess.” He said his usual morning greeting.

Taking an apple from the fruit bowl that was positioned in the middle of the island surface. I took a big bite and chewed, the sweet familiar taste tingling my taste buds.

“No time to talk. I’ve gotta get going.” I said after swallowing.

“I take it you decided to sign the contract.” He asked, his eyes glancing over the island to look at me. I shrugged my shoulders before deciding to answer verbally.

“You said it seemed to be a good and fair contract and at the end of the day, I need a job.” I explained as Appa nodded his head along to my words.

“You don’t need to explain your decision to me Princess. I stand by what I said last night about supporting whatever you decide.”

A small smile appeared on my lips.

“You rock Appa.” I said, approaching him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll see you later.”

“Good luck for your first official day at work.” He called after me as I turned and made my way towards our front door, ready to face my first day at work.

-

-

-

“You’re finally here. It’s a good thing too. We’re leaving for a radio interview soon.” Taehyung explained when he opened the apartment door for me.

Following Taehyung inside, I came to find the apartment in complete chaos. Yoongi and Jungkook sat in high chairs while two make-up artists busied themselves applying make-up onto the boy’s faces.

Namjoon sat on the couch while playing on his phone. My eyes found Jin and Jimin stood by a rack of clothes while a woman who I could only assume was their stylist sieved through the rack.

Jimin looked to me and a smile appeared on his face before sending me a small wave, something that Taehyung obviously noticed.

“When did you—” Taehyung began when I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my shoulder.

“You’re back! Sooner than I thought which means I owe Jimin money.” Hoseok grinned down at me, his arm seeming to be very comfortable hanging on me as if I were a coat rack.

“And I’m here to collect. I knew you wouldn’t let me down Yoora.” Jimin grinned as he approached the three of us. I felt Taehyung’s suspicious gaze shift from me, to Hoseok, to Jimin and then back aagain. It didn’t take him long to voice his question that obviously had been forming in his mind at the sight of his friends interactions with me

“When did you two become so friendly with Yoora?” He questioned, his arms folding over his chest.

“Yesterday. We helped her decipher all the rules of her contract.” Jimin explained as I found myself nodding my head in agreement.

“And you would have known that, if you had bothered to show up.” Hoseok was making a sly dig at Taehyung but the playful smile on his lips told me otherwise. Taehyung simply rolled his eyes as a reply before focusing on me once again.

“I’m going to assume you’re here because you’ve made your decision regarding the job?”

“You assume right…” I trailed off, pulling the signed contract out of my bag and placed it into Taehyung’s waiting hands. I stayed silent as Taehyung flicked through the pages of the contract until he reached the last page where I had signed last night.

“Give me a seco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter