Chapter 14

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Soori and I got to the Noraebang, we were instantly greeted by all of our co-workers who had been waiting for our arrival in the average sized room that they had obviously reserved specifically for my welcome party.

The room was pretty much what you would expect from a Noraebang room. A television screen hung on the main wall with a large couch positioned opposite it that curved around a large black table that held everyone’s drinks. I appreciated the banner my co-workers had hung above the couch with the word ‘Welcome’ printed on it in gold script text.

“Come on.” Soori grinned, urging me to take a seat on the couch, taking the space beside me.

Throughout the party, I managed to learn all the names of BTS’ Assistants, Make-up Artists, and Stylists. There were fourteen of us all together.

“Are you going to sing?” Aeri, one of the make-up artists asked me. I quickly shook my head.

“You’re clearly not the shy type.” Soori commented with a raised eyebrow.

“I can’t sing. I’m literally tone deaf. You can give me a tambourine and I’ll be happy to sway along in the background though.” I smiled as Aeri poured me another shot of Soju.

It was my 4th shot of the night. I liked Soju but I honestly preferred the fruit flavoured kind. The original was the only type this Noraebang served though so it made it easier for me to pace myself. I kept a glass of diet coke right beside my Soju glass.

Soori seemed to be doing the same thing.

“You’re not drinking very much.” I pointed out. Soori nodded her head in agreement before explaining.

“It’s my day off tomorrow and I don’t want to spend it hungover.”

I nodded my head when realization hit me. One of the terms in my contract was that I was allowed to have at least one day off every week but Taehyung had yet to tell me what day that day off would be.

I pulled my phone out of my bag to check the time.

It was already 9:30pm. He could still be awake, hopefully.

“Excuse me. I just have to make a phone call.” I said, shuffling past Soori and stepping out into the hallway.

I scrolled through my contacts until my thumb hovered over Taehyung’s name.

While I stood there deliberating if it was too late to call him or not, someone stepped out from the Noraebang room that was opposite the room that my welcome party was proceeding in.

Looking to the young man who was talking on the phone, I struggled to keep my mouth from falling agape.

Namjoon must have felt my staring because after a few seconds, his eyes met mine.

“Oh, hi.” He muttered as I remained speechless.

It was at that moment that Soori stepped out of our room with her phone to her ear.

“I understand Sejin. I’ll—”

Her eyes looked up and locked on Namjoon.

“How much extra if I deliver them back to the Apartment?” She said, her eyes narrowing.

Namjoon quickly opened the door to the room he had just stepped out of.

“We’re busted. Every man for himself!” Namjoon called.

The next thing I knew, Namjoon, Hoseok and Jungkook were scrambling out of the room in front of us and taking off in a sprint.

Soori hung up her phone and opened our Noraebang room door to alert our co-workers of the member’s rule breaking as well as the extra pay Sejin had apparently promised if they successfully delivered the guys safely back to him. It took less than ten seconds for all of them to barrel out of the room as they gave chase.

I stood there in silence. To be honest I didn’t even know if capturing the members applied to me since I was technically the only employee hired by a BTS member, not the company they were signed under.

Once my co-workers were out of sight though, it seemed as if chasing down the members was not a choice I had to make when an arm reached out from the room Namjoon and the others had just ran from. The hand attached to the arm grabbed hold of my wrist and gave a quick and fierce tug as I found myself being pulled into the Noraebang room.

“I wish I could say I’m surprised.” I sighed as I looked around the room that was identical to the room that my party was held in. The difference between the two rooms was easy to spot.

My room was now empty while this room held three BTS members, all of them with proud smiles on their faces.

Taehyung, Jimin and Jin.

“What are you guys even doing here? You’re all supposed to be home and asleep right now.” I exclaimed although I was second guessing myself. Was I allowed to reprimand my employer?

If I wasn’t, Taehyung didn’t seem to feel he needed to correct my behaviour.

“You actually believed it when I told Soori s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter