Chapter 3

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three weeks since I had delivered Sungah’s letter to the BTS Apartment and after not hearing from anyone since then, my life at home was quickly becoming unbareable.

Every chance my Umma found to hound me with questions, she took it. Questions I did not have the answers too. Questioned such as…

“Has he called you yet?”

“Why hasn’t he called yet?”

“Has he called you and you just decided not to tell me?”

“What did he say when you gave him the letter?”

“Does he realize how important this is to us?”

“Are you sure you delivered the letter?”

It was like my and my Umma’s conversations were running on a constant loop.

It almost made me look forward to my shifts at my new job.

Almost.

I had yet to find any better jobs so in the meantime, I had taken up the job as a waitress at a Maid Café. I had applied for the job during my first day of job hunting. It wasn’t the best job in the world but it would do until a better job opportunity presented itself to me. The money was good and tips were always welcomed, the only issue I had was the uniform.

The uniform was literally a maid’s outfit. It consisted of a black short frilly dress with a white frilly apron and knee high white socks to match. It was uncomfortable and pretty much but it was a job.

I mostly spent my working hours taking orders from customers while trying to get those middle aged married men customers to keep their hands to themselves.

A battle I was currently losing with one very persistent customer in a fancy work suit.

“Maid, I’m ready to order.” He sang, making the two men sat at his table grin with glee as I try not to cringe away from the customer.

I forced a smile on my face and I mumbled the words that my Manager had drummed into me since he hired me.

“What can I get you… Master?” I said through gritted teeth.

The middle aged man laughed along with his friends before answering with a greasy smile.

“Two more bottles of Soju for my friends here. As for me, I simply want you.”

He raised an eyebrow suggestively as I tried to keep myself from throwing up from his last request.

“Two bottles coming right up but I’m sorry Master, I’m not on the menu.” I sang before turning around to go fetch the man’s order. That is until I felt the man’s big meaty hand give my arse a slap. I couldn’t help but jump from the shock of impact.

How dare he lay a hand on me like that.

Turning back to the man, ready to give him a piece of my mind. I happened to clock my Manager from across the room, watching me carefully. I instantly knew that causing a scene would not go down well with him so instead, I gritted my teeth and turned back around to make my way to the bar to get my customer’s their order.

I would just have to let that incident go if I wanted to keep my job.

At least for today.

Walking behind the bar, I took two Soju bottles out from the fridge and proceeded to take the caps off so they were ready for the customers to pour. Placing the two bottles onto a tray with two clean glasses, I was slightly surprised when my Manager approached me.

I didn’t know why though since I had managed to reel my rage in a few moments before. Something pretty impressive with all thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter