Chapter 8

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After being ushered into the Apartment by one of BTS’ Managers, I found myself stood opposite their sleek black couch in the Living room. All members except for Jungkook sat on it, staring at me. Jungkook sat on the laminated flooring, slurping his Jajangmyeon into his mouth and chewing contentedly. It was literally the quietest he’d ever been around me.

“So… You have conditions?” Taehyung eventually grabbing my attention which had been focused on Jungkook and his food.

“Oh, yeah.” I spoke up, my brain scrambling to remember what those conditions were. I had thought about all of them during the time that Taehyung had been in America.

“Well for one, I’d like it that my parent’s not to get involved in this. I’d like them to be just like how they were about my previous job. Uninterested and oblivious.” I explained

Taehyung kind of looked confused though so I elaborated for his sake.

“My parents know that I’m taking this job but my Umma isn’t exactly thrilled about it. The less that they are involved, the better.”

Taehyung seemed to think my words over before nodding his head.

“I’m okay with that.”

“And I only expect to be paid the same as everyone else. If I’m going to work as an assistant, I don’t want any special treatment just because I’m helping out with the bucket list.” I said, feeling my courage building with every word that I spoke.

“If that’s what you want.” His words sounding slightly hesitant. It was then that I noticed all the members were looking at me as if they thought I was a crazy person.

I guess they weren’t used to getting terms thrown at them from a potential female employee.

“When it comest to the subject of Sungah, I understand that the two of you were in a relationship before she passed and I respect that but you will have to respect the fact that I already have my own opinions regarding her. They’re probably not the same as your opinions and that’s okay, I just want you and me to agree to disagree when it comes to her.”

Taehyung nodded his head in understanding but his face showed me that he had turned downcast after the mentioning of his dead girlfriend. I decided to list of the rest of my conditions quickly.

“There’s also the matter of time off. I expect as least one day off every week, the precise day can be decided later. I guess the rest of my conditions as the usual. No personal feelings between the two of us and definitely no intimate contact.” I listed off on my fingers.

It was then that Taehyung scoffed at the same time as Jungkook began to choke on his food. It was Jimin who got up to pat the youngest on the back.

“See what happens when you inhale your food.” He muttered.

“I think those last two conditions are a given.” Taehyung stated, ignoring Jungkook who was still in the middle of a coughing fit.

“Is he okay?” I asked, feeling slightly concerned for the one member of BTS who had been nothing but hostile towards me since we met.

“He’s fine.” Taehyung answered without sparing a glance in Jungkook’s direction.

“Speak for yourself.” Jungkook cried out. His voice now sounding rough.

“See, he’s fine. Anymore conditions?”

I couldn’t help but narrow my eyes at Taehyung. He was being so compliant to my demands. Not at all how I imagined a member of one of the biggest bands in the world, to be like.

“Just one more. This is the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter