Chapter 4

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Needless to say that when my shift ended that day, I rushed myself to get changed in the female locker room. When Taehyung had asked to talk, I guess he had meant at that very moment but I still had an hour to wait until my shift was over. Jungkook and he had finished their drinks and as they paid, not to mention left a very generous tip, he had told me to meet them at the Starbucks down the street once I finished work.

Changing out of my maid uniform, I pulled on my plain old scuffed jeans along with my grey Levi’s T-Shirt. Pulling my long hair back, I tied it into a tight knot. I grabbed my bag from out of the bottom of my locker before nudging the door shut with my hip. I quickly said my goodbyes to my co-workers before I began to make my way to Starbucks.

It didn’t take long until I found myself outside of the widely known coffee shop. Something I was thankful for. It was getting late now and the rain had yet to let up. Such a bad day for me to leave the house without my jacket.

Stepping through the sliding doors of the coffee shop, I was instantly hit by the smell of fresh coffee. My eyes traced my surroundings until my eyes landed on Taehyung and Jungkook, not that it was hard to find them. They sat together at a table in the corner of the shop. Besides the two of them, there only seemed to be one middle aged couple who were sat in one of the booths by the window.

It was Taehyung who noticed me first. He waved me over.

Making my way over to their table, Taehyung motioned for me to take a seat across from the two of them.

“I didn’t know if you like coffee so I just got you an iced caramel latte.” Taehyung said, pushing a plastic cup towards me. The beads of condensation dripping down the side of the cup slowly. He had ordered the exact opposite to what I would have ordered myself.

I had liked iced caramel lattes in the past but like most things, Sungah had managed to use even that as ammunition against me. It had only taken her to pour an iced caramel latte over my head in front of a packed high school cafeteria for me to break out into a nervous sweat when I see one, even to this day.

The girl might be gone but the scares she left behind had yet to heal.

Forcing a smile onto my lips, I took the cold drink from Taehyung and thanked him. I didn’t drink the beverage though.

I caught Jungkook raise an eyebrow at me but chose to ignore it and make eye contact with Taehyung instead.

“You wanted to talk?”

Taehyung nodded his head with a small smile on his lips, something that caught Jungkook’s attention. He looked shocked for some reason.

“Yeah. According to Jungkook here, you were the one who delivered the letter from Sungah?” Taehyung asked. I slowly nodded my head, wondering where he was going with this.

“How did you get the letter?”

“My Umma asked me to get it to you. Miss Kim has started to clear out Sungah’s room and she found the letter. It was addressed to you. She didn’t open it out of respect for your and Sungah’s relationship. She’s been going through a lot lately so my Umma, Miss Kim’s best friend, had me deliver it for her.” I explained.

“Ah…” Was his simple reply.

“How did you find me?”

“I called Miss Kim today. Although I didn’t have the answer for why Sungah did—” he paused, His eyes looking down at his hands.

“Anyway, I wanted to thank you for delivering the letter so I called your house with the contact details you left with my friends. Your Umma answered and told me where I could find you after I explained to her why I was looking for you. She’s a nice lady by the way.”

I felt myself unintentionally roll my eyes at his comment about my Umma.

“I’m afraid I’ll have to take your word for that.”

The three of us fell into silence at that point. It was quiet enough to hear a penny drop. It was awkward.

“So I guess I’ll get going…” I said once the silence became unbearable. I began to stand up from my chair when Taehyung finally looked up again.

“Wait. I know you already did a huge favour for me by delivering the letter but I was wondering if you could do one more thing for me?” He asked, even Jungkook looked at him with curiosity.

“What do you need me to do?” I asked cautiously. I knew not to make any promises before I knew exactly what he wanted from me.

“…Play 20 questions with me.” Taehyung said, looking at me in a way that made me think he wasn’t joking.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah, Really?” Jungkook seconded my question.

“Just humour me. Please.”

Looking out the window, I noticed how dark it had gotten in such little time.

“How about 15? It’s getting late and I have an early shift tomorrow.” I explained. It appeared as if Taehyung was thinking my offer over before he nodded his head in agreement.

“What do you want to know?”

“Okay! Let's start with an easy one. When’s your birthday?” He asked as I tried to act as if this wasn’t the weirdest thing that I’d ever done.

“The 7th of July.” I answered truthfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter