Chapter 15

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a long night. During the hours we waited for the sunrise, the guys and I occupied our time playing games. I completely destroyed them all when we played a few rounds of Uno. Jungkook and Jimin had paired up and owned Taehyung, Jin and I when playing Charades. During the rounds of Never Have I Ever, Let’s just say I learned way more than I ever wanted to know about these BTS members.

I don't know when it happened but sometime during fighting over the last Oreo with Jungkook and comparing favourite funny dog videos on Youtube with Jimin, I must have fallen asleep. For how long? I couldn’t say.

Taehyung was the one who shook me awake. I can only assume it was a short time later.

“Yoora, Wake up. Guys, it's starting.” Taehyung’s voice rang out through the silence of the roof top. Slowly raising myself to sit up straight, I felt dizzy as I tried to fight through the fog of sleep that tried to drag me back into a peaceful slumber.

It was still a little dark but as I looked in front of me, I noticed a bright orange hue had painted the sky line.

We really did have a good view on top of this multi-story building.

As much as I hated heights, not being anywhere near the edge but still able to witness the sunrise with such a view allowed me to enjoy the show that little bit more.

After a minute I found myself glancing at Taehyung who sat beside me.

A look of anticipation was held on his face as he watched the sunrise intently. I felt a small smile make it’s way onto my lips for how much Taehyung seemed to be enjoying the sunrise. That is until I noticed Jungkook frowning at me from beside Jin. He and I were the only two whose eyes were not set on the rising sun.

His eyes didn't break contact with mine as his frown seemed to deepen. I didn’t call him out on his glowering at me. I simply rolled my eyes at him before I turned back to watch the sun once again. It was too early in the morning to have a verbal argument with him.

When I started watching the sunrise again, I noticed the dark sky that had graced us throughout the night was beginning to lighten. The earlier black sky was now turning into a dark shade of grey. It was kind of surreal that I had never thought to watch the sunrise before. It was then that I got the idea to capture this moment in time.

Quickly sifting through my bag, I pulled my phone out.

“Do you guys want me to take a photo of you in front of the sunrise?"

Without giving me a verbal response, Taehyung sprung to his feet and struck a pose with his index and middle fingers in a ‘V’ shape held against his face, his right eye squinting between his fingers.

“Might as well.” Jimin grinned, standing up and taking a place beside Taehyung. Jimin’s hand remained in his jean’s pockets with a relaxed smile on his face.

Pretty soon after, Jungkook and Jin joined the pair. I steadied my phone as the lens focused on the impossibly gorgeous men before me.

“Say Kimchi.” I couldn’t stop myself from singing.

“Kimchi!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter