Chapter 5

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day I finished work a little earlier than expected. It had been a slow day with very few customers. It was at half one when Minyoung eventually offered me the chance to finish my shift early. Something I was thankful for after having served one of my few customers of today.

They were young men and the type that liked to push their limit. Apparently trying to my arse every time I walked by their table was their favourite game. I get it though, they’re young, probably and obviously had no experience when it came to interacting with a woman. They were also young enough to understand when I muttered to them that if they touched me one more time, they wouldn’t be pulling their hand back but instead, a bloody stump.

Of course Minyoung had no idea about my very serious threat or I would have been told to leave work indefinitely.

Changing out of my uniform, I pulled on a pair of denim jeans and a chiffon white sleeveless blouse. I tucked in the front of the blouse but left the back of the blouse loose and flowing. Grabbing my beige bag from the bottom of my locker, I shut my uniform inside my locker before turning around and leaving the Locker Room.

Stepping out of the door and into the streets of Seoul, I inhaled a deep breath. I had two and half hours to kill before I would have to make my way to Taehyung’s Apartment. Going home wasn’t an option, I knew my Umma would be laying in wait to ask me all the questions she had probably been saving since she received the phone call from Taehyung.

I wasn’t avoiding my Umma, I was just giving myself some time before the inevitable. Umma’s questioning had a way of the energy out of me at times.

Since I had nowhere else to go until four o’clock, I made my way to an old stomping ground of mine. It was a bookstore I had frequented a lot from the age of ten and onwards. When I stepped through the entrance of the store, I was greeted by the familiar scent of pine and the crisp pages of all the books that piled up on the shelves and tables. Back in High School I used to lose myself in this shop for hours at a time.

It had been a while since I was able to lose myself in a good book.

Making my way toward the fiction section, I began to look through all the options available.

By the fifth book I looked at, I decided this was the book I was going to purchase. It had everything. Romance, Action and Mystery. Not to mention a touch of government corruption.

Taking the book to the checkout, I let the woman ring it up before I paid her the money. I took my change and receipt before taking my book to a small corner of the store where one of the few cushy chairs that the store always dotted around the aisle was positioned. Making myself comfortable, I opened the book to look at the first page before diving straight into the story.

-

-

-

Rapping on the pristine white door in front of me, I silently cursed at myself. How on earth could I have fallen asleep? One second I was reading my newly purchased book in the bookstore and the next I was being woken up by an employee who was in the process of closing up the shop when she found me.

“You’re really late.” Jungkook accused the obvious once he opened the door. I didn’t feel like explaining myself to him. Chances are he wouldn’t believe me anyway. So I said the only thing I could.

“Sorry.”

Jungkook stepped back, opening the door wider, granting me permission to step inside. Stepping through the threshold , I cautiously looked around the spacious living room. My eyes caught sight of four individuals. I knew each of them by name but I had yet to actually introduce myself to them properly.

“I already filled them in on why you were coming over.” Jungkook appeared beside me.

“I guess you already know RM, Suga, J-Hope and Jin.” Jungkook gestured toward each member of BTS.

“You mean Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok and Seokjin?” I corrected. Jungkook looked slightly shocked by this.

“I was a fan of you guys long enough to know all of your real names. Relax.” I sighed as Jungkook took a seat on the leather couch that the other members were currently sat on.

“So… What time is Taehyung supposed to get here?” I found myself asking. I checked my watch discreetly.

Six  O’clock.

“It’s his first day back on the job. Our manager should be bringing him home as we speak.” Namjoon said and as if on cue, the apartment door swung open.

Taehyung stepped into the room, followed by Jimin and an older male with black cropped hair and thick rimmed glasses. The manager I assumed.

“Hey. You’re here.” Taehyung said, tlking towards me upon seeing me standing in his apartment living room.

“Hello to you too.” Jungkook spoke up with sarcasm dripping from his voice. Taehyung obvious dismissal of greeting his fellow members had not gone unnoticed by Jungkook. Taehyung looked towards Jungkook but decided to ignore his last remark.

Turning back to me, Taehyung motioned to a leather chair that was empty, positioned right in front of the floor to ceiling windows they had in their living room. It probably offered an amazing view, too bad I was scared of heights. Taehyung probably had a better chance of talking me into giving him a strip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter