CH. VIII

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

K before you guys read this chapter, I just wanted to clear something up regarding the "update" you saw like 2 days back I think. Basically, I try to write multiple chapters that I leave as "drafts" so that I just have the assurance that the story is going the way it should. This story is pretty detailed so I need to make like multiple chapters and read them multiple times before I actually release it. It just gives me a peace of mind and the assurance that the story actually still makes sense lol.
But basically, I was adding a new chapter in and when I was trying to save it, I forgot to check the "draft" box and ended up posting the very unfinished chapter. I didn't think it would still show up since I quickly check the draft box right after but I guess I was wrong lmao. 
So yeah, just wanted to clear that up 😂Enjoy this chapter!! 
 

~
~
MINA POV (DREAM SEQUENCE)

"Jihyo! Come!" I yelled from across the woods. The sun was shining brightly from the very serene-looking blue sky.

I was wearing a white and purple hanbok. I was so confused about why I was wearing this when I realized that this must be one of Luna's memories.

"Hurry Jihyo!! Come, I will show you something astonishing!" I shouted as I stretched out my arm and gesturing her to come faster. 

I noticed Jihyo, looking the same exact way she does now, was wearing a hanbok as well, only hers were of the colour black and red. I didn't know how I knew it, but I just knew that she was wearing a different colour of hanbok from me because she was a slave. 

"What is it, your highness?" Jihyo said as she finally caught up with me.

"What did I say about calling me 'your highness'?" I said. "I told you Jihyo! My family may be of royalty and the family you serve is our greatest friends, it still doesn't make me any different from you. So please, just call me Luna." 

"Alright, your high- I meant, Luna," she said. "May I ask what is our purpose of being out here near the woods? My masters might punish me for being this far from the palace"

"Well, Jihyo. We have known each other for a long time now and I practically consider you as a sister. Despite the relationship between your kind and ours."

"What do you mean by that?"

I smiled at her before holding her hand and going deeper into the forest until we reached a place that had the sun shining brightly right through the middle of the trees. The trees were all around the edges, leaving an open space full of flowers. 

We stopped in the middle before I let go of her and turned around to face her.

"Listen, what I am about to tell you is something you should not be afraid of. Promise me you will not run away and stop being friends with me after this" I said

"I promise," Jihyo said 

"Alright," I said before I ran in my usual speed and jumped through the trees like a vampire. I then said a spell that bursts the leaves in the trees to come falling down the open space. I also made the leaves change from green to a beautiful colour of orange and red that resembled a sunset colour.  

Jihyo looked at the leaves falling to her with astonishment. and eyes were agape. I came down the trees and approached her. 

"How are you able to do that?" she said with great curiosity

"I am tribrid Jihyo. I am a mix of a vampire, werewolf, and witch. The family you serve for are vampires."

"Vampires" she repeated as she blinked trying to understand what that was. "Why are you telling me this Luna?"

"Because... my mother who is a witch has put a spell on you, your whole family, and all the other servers in the place you reside in, to be oblivious of what we truly are and what we use you humans for. They feed on your blood"

"Feed on us? You’ve been drinking our blood?!”  Jihyo said as she stepped back from me.

"Jihyo no! I have not. And I will never. I get sustained from drinking animal blood and normal human food. My parents do not approve of that kind of diet, but I just cannot drink human blood from an innocent human. They do not know that I practise this kind of diet because they will punish me."

"So they only use us to be their slaves and serve as their food?" Jihyo asked

"Yes. And once you are older, when they think your blood is no longer sustainable or even if they just get bored with you, they will kill all of you. Then just replace you with another set of humans"

"And you are telling me this because?"

"Because I have grown to see you as my own sister Jihyo. No one listens to me like you. You just seem to know what I am feeling all the time. And you always seem to know how to make me feel better. You do not deserve a life this cruel. I will save you when the time comes. I promise that" I said as I held out my pinky

I saw Jihyo processing my words. Until finally she held out her pinky and made a pinky swear.

We both hugged after that and went back to the palace.

-

"Hey, Mina. It's time to wake up" 

I hear Jihyo's voice as she carefully shakes me. 

I open my eyes and took a large breath in. My eyes were agape after that dream.

"Are you ok?" she asked 

"Yeah, I... I'm fine" I said.

"I sense that you are distressed," she said. "I could help you with that but unfortunately not through my powers. So, are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Why didn't you mention that you were a slave for Luna?"

She looked at me with confusion. Until a few seconds later she let out a faint laugh. 

"I wasn't a slave for Luna specifically," she said as she approached me and sat on the bed. "The family I was a slave to were very good friends with Luna's family. They were the first-ever turned vampires. Luna's family often visited us and we would visit them too which made Luna and I become acquainted with each other"

"You didn't know you were a slave?"

"Not... exactly. I knew that I had to serve this family because it was what I was accustomed to. I just knew that it was my duty. See, we were under a spell that just made us oblivious that they were feeding on us. Like, we didn’t think there was anything wrong with it. The thing with Luna was that she never once mentioned the word slave. I realized she never did because she never saw us like that. She was always different."

"So you were turned by her when you were about to be killed by them?"

"Yes. Things happened. I may have slipped and told my masters that I knew what they were out of anger. When Luna told me what they were, it opened my eyes and I was more so angry for my parents. They didn't deserve that. So, out of the fit of rage, I told my parents what they were and we planned to escape, however they didn't take long to find out about our plan. Luckily, Luna was there for my rescue. She managed to beg her parents to let us live. But only in the form of a vampire. They gave us time to think it over. Till sunrise. I was young. I still wanted to see what life could offer me. Especially since I finally saw that the life I was living by that point was not really living." she said 

"So your parents are still alive?" I asked

"No. They... chose to die. When I had told them the truth of what vampires did to us, they were disgusted by them. And choosing to become one of them was not worth it. They told me they would rather choose death than an immortal life that had an immoral way to survive. Once sunrise came they asked us for our decision and once my parents told them that we all just choose to die, I spoke up and said I wanted to live." Jihyo said with sadness visible on her face. "I will never forget that look on their faces when Luna took me away so that I wouldn't have to see them die. I just knew they felt betrayed."

"Do you regret your decision of turning into a vampire?"

"There were times. It all just stemmed from my longing of my parents. How I wish I was able to share with them this amazing life I am able to experience." 

I looked at her and saw her eyes getting watery. Before they fully escaped her eyes, she stood up and wiped them. 

"Come on, we'll be late for school. We have all the time to fill you in on everything later,” she said with a smile before leaving. 

~

After I took a shower, I walked down the stairs and saw them gathered up in the living room. 

They all looked at me as I approached them. 

"You know, I still can't fathom the uncanny resemblance of you and Luna," Sana said as she walked in front of me, studying my face.

"Sana, back off," Jihyo said as I assumed she sensed that I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Sorry," Sana said as she took a step back and gave me a smile.

"Shall we?" asked Jihyo 

I gave her a smile and walked with her outside. They had 4 cars parked outside and I noticed that Tzuyu was already in one of them, sitting in the driver's seat. We made eye contact. I was just immediately drawn to walk towards her car, but before I could go even come closer to her car, Jihyo held my arm and pulled me away. 

“I think it’ll be better if I drive you,” she said 

I followed her and it was only us two that got into one of the cars. While I saw everyone else go to different cars. 

“I thought it would be best that it’s just us two that gets out of the car when we get to school. It’ll still draw attention but... it’ll be... somewhat... less” she said with a smile 

We headed off and while in the car, Jihyo and I talked more. 

“Listen, it’ll be hard to not get involved with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. But just try your hardest to just stick with me or the others to avoid... a complicated love triangle” she said 

“You think they’re both going to fall in love with me just because I look exactly like their greatest love?” I said 

“Well... you can’t blame them. Your resemblance to her will make it hard for both of them to see you as you,” she said. “Look, I know it may make you feel frustrated if we keep comparing you to Luna or see you like her. It’ll just take time for all of us to get used to it” 

“It’s fine. I get it. I just have... one more question for you” 

“Ask away” 

“You know... the whole topic about... imprinting. And how Tzuyu and Luna imprinted on each other. Does... that mean... there’s something... I don’t know... going to happen between me and Tzuyu?” 

“Why would you say that?” 

“Well, I mean. You guys said I’m the reincarnation of Luna. So... doesn’t that mean...” I said just ending my sentence. 

"Listen, the whole imprinting thing is just so complicated and mysterious that only someone who has actually experienced it can tell you what it actually feels like. Like Sana and Dahyun." she said "But the whole reincarnation thing and you being the exact doppelganger of Tzuyu's other half... that's a whole new thing."

"Oh," I said. I was disappointed because I needed the answer to that. Maybe if I got the answer to that, it'll explain my weird fascination or feeling towards Tzuyu.

"You're disappointed," Jihyo said as I looked at her and saw that she had a grin.

"It's that obvious?" 

"Well, sort of. Why are you asking about this anyway?" she asked

"No reason" I lied

"Come on, Mina. You can tell me anything. What you say stays between us. I promise" 

"Fine." I agreed. "I just felt something really intense for Tzuyu the moment we met" 

"Like... romantic?"

"No. Not really. Just like... I felt the desire to want to get to know her. To talk to her. To just... be with her" 

"Wow. Well, maybe the whole imprinting thing may be a reason behind that. Or... you might just be feeling like every other person in our school that laid eyes on Tzuyu" laughed Jihyo

I laughed along. "Yeah, maybe that's it"

I was never someone who would talk about my feelings to another person. I never had a friend. I never felt comfortable with anyone, but for the first time, I think I finally found one. I didn't know why I felt at ease with Jihyo to the point that I was comfortable enough to tell her about my feelings. I guess maybe it's because her and Luna were the closest among the other girls. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm not Luna. We are so different from each other. 

~

We get to the school and just as I expected, eyes were all on me when I stepped out of Jihyo's car and walked with the other girls inside the school. I saw people whispering to each other while looking at me which made me so uncomfortable. 

"What are they saying?" I whispered to Jihyo who was right next to me.

"It's all nonsense. Don't worry about it" she said while giving me a comforting smile

I still wanted to know so I went closer to Dahyun and asked her.

"Can you tell me what the majority of them are thinking?"

"Mina," she said. "Trust me when I say that what other people think don't matter one bit," she said with also a comforting smile

I wondered why they weren't telling me what they were saying or thinking. I mean, what's the worst thing they could say? Obviously, I expect to hear questions like how did I become friends with all of them or why did I get off of Jihyo's car.

~

We get inside the school and eyes were still on us, or mainly me. The rest of the girls went off to their classes leaving me with Tzuyu. I didn't think she was gonna talk to me but she ended up saying, "Shall we?" as she slightly flicked her head towards our class. I just smiled and walked with her. I seriously don't know how to act around her. 

We get to our class and sat at our spot. Eyes were still on us, I can see people whispering to each other as we took our seats. I tried to ignore them, but it was already getting to me. 

We both sat down quietly. Neither of us saying anything. I don't know if I should talk to her. If I'm even allowed to. Just then, she spoke to me. 

"Don't let those eyes and whispers get to you" she said as she gave me an encouraging smile. 

I smiled back.

"Do you know what people have been saying about me? I mean, you can hear them right?"

"Yes, I can. Why do you want to know?"

"I don't know. I usually don't care what people say about me but... it's different now. Back then, everyone would just label me as that weirdo or outcast and that'll be it. I've stepped into a whole different territory here" I said, "So please, just for my own sanity... can you please tell me what everyone has been saying about me?"    

"I overheard you asking Jihyo and Dahyun earlier about this. They both rejected your request, so why do you think I will be any different" she said.

"Because," I said firmly. "I just feel like out of all of them... you're the only one who'll tell me the truth," I said seriously. 

She looked at me. Her eyes weren't as inten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter