CH. III

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the next day and Mina abruptly wakes up by a weird dream. 

MINA POV

I ended up waking in a panicked like state after having the weirdest dream last night. 

But basically, I finished all my homework and just started to read before I went to bed like I always do. I guess I just fell asleep right after.

I don’t usually dream anymore but all of a sudden I remember seeing a figure of a tall, skinny girl. Her back was facing me and I remember I just began to walk towards this figure. It was night and we were in a somewhat of a room. The figure was facing the bright, shinning moon in the balcony. I was slowly approaching this mysterious girl and once I was beginning to get even closer to her, she began to turn around slowly. I stopped walking and when the figure completely turned around, facing me. I woke up right away.

It was Tzuyu. 

Why was I dreaming of Tzuyu?! 

I wasn’t even able to completely comprehend what I just dreamed of because I heard Seyun yelling from downstairs.

"Mina!! Let's go!! I'm gonna be late!!" yelled Seyun from downstairs. 

I quickly took a shower and got dressed before rushing outside. I didn't even bother eating breakfast.

I opened the driver's door and saw Seyun already sitting there and holding the wheels.

I was so confused because she has never given me a ride. If she wanted to drive, she would have just ditched me 

"Get in Mina! What are you waiting for?" she said

I was still confused but I just went with it and got on the shotgun seat

We were driving to the school in silent until she finally spoke up

"So, you made a friend already?"

"What do you care?" I said looking outside the window

"I don't. But I start to care when your new friend is the hottest girl in the whole school!" she replied

"You're into girls?' I asked looking at her

"Of course I am, guys too. But enough about me! How did you get one of the popular girls to invite you to their club?!"

"I didn't ask for it"

"But you were still invited. Did you seduce her?"

"Yeah, sure," I said sarcastically

"Seriously Mina, I thought you were some weird, awkward, and loner type of person that won't make any friends, but I've misjudged you"

"Are you just being nice to me to get to Chaeyoung?" 

"Maybe.. look, you can't blame me. Those girls are like goddesses! Everyone either wants to be them or be with them! And I've already had my eye on Chaeyoung for the longest time so do me a favour! Get me a date with Chaeyoung and I promise I will be so nice to you and give you rides to school and back every day!" she offered

"Sounds pretty good, but you have to understand that I just met her. I can't just ask her to go on a date with my foster sister"

"Ugh! Just do it, Mina! Unless you want her for yourself?"

"Of course not! I don't fall for people easily. I've never fallen for anyone at all"

"You mean you've never liked anyone?!" she asked surprisedly

"Why would I? I was always the outcast. I never stood out to people and no one ever stood out to me" I said and right after I said that, I remembered Tzuyu. "Until now" I whispered

"I heard that!" she said "Who is it? Tzuyu?"

I was so surprised she guessed correctly that I couldn't control my facial expression which busted me.

"Oh my god! Chou Tzuyu?! I knew it! Can't blame you. I've also liked her before, like so much. Every person who first lays their eyes on her will immediately take an interest in her. But of course, no one is good enough for her so everyone eventually gives up. Just a piece of advice for you"

"I won't be needing it. It's not like I'll end up liking her"

"Don't speak too soon Mina. Tzuyu's too irresistible. Just a quick warning for you, don't fall too hard for her. I know some people who had such intense feelings for her and it was just crazy. I don't know what it is about her but... I guess because of the fact it's impossible to get her, makes you want her even more!"

I was looking out the window while she was saying that to make her think I didn't care but I did care. I was listening intently to each word she was saying about Tzuyu.

"Alright, whatever. I'll keep that in mind if I do which I probably won't. As I said, I don't fall easily"

"We'll see about that," she said as she parked the car. "You're not so bad Mina," she said

"You're not so bad yourself," I said

"See you later and don't forget our deal!" she said before we both got out of the car and went inside the school

~

I had biology first so I went inside the classroom, expecting to see Tzuyu sitting there, but to my surprise, she had moved seats to the seat in the middle aisle just behind from my aisle (horizontally). Her original seat was now occupied by someone else. I glanced at her and she ended up raising her head and glanced right back. Chills ran down my spine again. Why does this happen every time I look into her eyes?

I sat next to the guy who replaced Tzuyu and as soon as I did, he immediately initiated a conversation.

"Hey!!" he said energetically. "I'm Bambam!!" 

I wasn't the type of person that is very hyper and happy so I never felt comfortable with people who were.

"Um.. hey, I'm Mina" I replied

"Nice to meet you Mina!!" he said with a big smile

His energetic aura was getting on my nerves so I looked at him weirdly.

"Why are you so happy?" I said without even thinking. I was just so confused by his actions

"Because!! Chou Tzuyu just came up to me and asked me to change seats!! She has never talked to me, not even looked at me!"

I was surprised by that. From all the rumours I've heard about Tzuyu, she seemed to be very anti-social and never talks to anyone, but she went out of her comfort zone to ask someone to switch seats, away from me.

What is her deal? 

~

Throughout the whole class, I was strangely affected by what Tzuyu did. I mean.. I don't like to assume things, but that was so obvious! What did I ever do to her? It's only been my 2nd day in this school and I'm already in someone's bad side.

I was so affected that I ended up looking back just to glance at her and surprisingly, she was looking at me as well. I immediately reverted my head to the front. This girl is seriously so weird

*RINGS*

The bell rings and I quickly gather my stuff and went to the gym.

I was now upset and annoyed.. and I didn't know why I was so affected by her. She seriously has her way to get on someone's mind

I get changed pretty early and sat on the bleachers waiting for class to start. I have this habit of biting my fingernail whenever I become upset or nervous, I don't know why but it helps calm me down.

As I was doing it, a voice appears next to me.

"Hey, Mina!" 

I looked to my side and saw that it was Jihyo. I stopped biting immediately since I found it embarrassing for other people to know that I did it.

"Hey," I said

"So, how was your first day?"

"It was okay," I said quickly as I looked down. I was too upset and annoyed to talk to anyone so I was just giving half-hearted answers

[AUTHOR POV: Jihyo could sense that Mina was feeling upset and annoyed. She decided to manipulate her emotions to make her feel better but Mina still seemed upset and annoyed. Jihyo was confused]

"Are you okay?" she asked

"I'm fine. Just.. didn't have a good sleep last night" I answered

"Oh.. well that happens. By the way! Chaeyoung told us that she invited you to our club yesterday. Where were you?"

"Oh.. um.. I just didn't feel comfortable going, to be honest" 

"Why is that?"

"Well, if you think about it. It's my first day at school and I get approached by these girls that want to befriend me so they invite me to their after school club that's secluded from everyone else. However, I find out earlier that these girls that invited me are like the celebrities here and everyone is absolutely in love with them. Talking to these popular girls is like trying to talk to vampires." I said before I looked at her. To my surprise, she seemed a bit surprised. "Look, I appreciate your guys' attempt to befriend me. Like, trust me, I really do. No one has ever done that. But I find it so strange that you girls, people who intimidate and attracts the whole school like the Cullens from Twilight, would want to befriend someone like me."

"You like Twilight?"

"I relate to Bella during the first few minutes of the movie. That is until she falls in love with Edward."

"Don't like romance?"

"More like, I don't enjoy the thought of romance. I think its... overrated"

"What is?" she laughed. "Love?"

"Yeah... I mean... you know what this is not what we were talking about. Back to the whole club thing. I appreciate being invited, but I don't need eyes on me because the new kid became friends with popular kids"

"Why does everyone see us like that? I mean, it's not like we're any different from everyone."

"But that's exactly it. You guys don't have to try. You just are. I mean, a bunch of really pretty girls who are all very smart, athletic, kind, and talented."

"Well, thank you" she smiled

"Oh my god, Jihyo. You keep making me go off-topic. What I want to say is, I think it's best if I don't get involved with your group" I said

"Cmon Mina. Do you really care about what other people are going to say?"

"As a matter of fact I do. Besides, why do you even want to be friends with me? I'm literally no one"

"No, you're not. Look, this may sound weird, but when I first talked to you, it felt like I've known you for a long time. Like.. a really long time" she said seriously. "Just.. please. Give it a try. We have a hard time making friends because no one can treat us like everyone else. As you said, we intimidate people and to everyone's eyes, we're apparently like celebrities. Jennie, Lisa, Jisoo, and Rose are just a few people we could consider as friends but we still sense their intimidation from us. Please, just come over to the music room after school. Do you like music?"

"I guess so."

"You sing? Play any instruments?"

"I don't sing. Nor do I play any instruments"

"Well, do you enjoy listening to people sing and play instruments?"

"I guess so," I said

"Great! Please, Mina. Just give this a try. If you still don't want to be friends with us then... I promise I'll never bother you again. We'll stay away from you" she said.

Usually, my mind would automatically tell me to say no. I just never cared about belonging in a group because for the longest time, I was always alone. It was just me. But now these girls are making me change the way I usually think. A part of me actually wants to be friends with them. They seem cool and for the first time in my life, I felt wanted. 

"Fine" I finally agreed

"Yes! But this time you have to promise that you'll come!"

"I promise," I said

"Great!! See you then!"

She said before standing up and walked towards Tzuyu who was alone in the corner being creepy as usual.

END OF MINA POV

 

JIHYO POV

I was so glad and happy that I got Mina to finally agree to come. Trying to convince her like that and putting up with her stubbornness reminded of Luna. She was always a stubborn person, sometimes even her stubbornness would put us in danger, but she always had the way to make things better. I really miss her, she was the only one that I could pour my feelings to despite not being able to read emotions as I do. She just always... knew. 

I went towards Tzuyu to tell her the good news. I could already sense that she was feeling anxious.

"Are you okay Tzuyu?" I asked

"I'm fine," she said

"Tzuyu you know you're just wasting your time lying to me. Your emotions speak for you" 

"Doesn't that power of yours get annoying at times?" Tzuyu said 

"No, not really," I said as I gave off a little smile. "Seriously though, what's with you?" 

"What was her emotions when you went up to her?" 

"Nervous mixed with annoyed. Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter