CH. XI

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was in the forest, covered with trees and flowers, as the bright sun was piercing through the spaces where trees didn't block it from hitting the ground. 

Once again, I was wearing a hanbok but it was a shorter one, a dress way more comfortable to move and run in. 

I was picking out flowers while humming to a rhythm. I was alone, enjoying the peaceful sounds of the birds and enjoying the summer heat which I was immune to even though Luna was part vampire. 

Just then, I hear Tzuyu's voice call Luna from a distance. 

"Picking flowers for Chaeyoung?" she asked 

I looked towards her. She was wearing a beautiful, casual hanbok. Her hair was up in a bun. She looked just as amazing as she does now. Only here, her aura showed much more happiness, peacefulness. Her facial expression looked lighter and her eyes lit up as when I looked at her. Luna made her feel this way. 

"Spying on me again, are you?" I said as I gave her a smirk. 

She laughs before she began to come closer to me.

"I never saw Chaeyoung the type to receive flowers," Tzuyu said.

"Why? Do I seem like the 'girl' in the relationship?" I said as I looked at her and laughed 

"No, it's not that. She just seemed to be the type to always give you flowers. Not the other way round"

"Wow, you just labelled me as a bad girlfriend" I replied as I looked towards her with a pout. We both laughed before I continue on with picking more flowers. "Chaeyoung does not like it when I give her flowers. Says, it's her thing considering she's much closer to nature than I am." I said before I finally finished picking the flowers and had a bouquet of it. "That is why these are not for her" I smiled at her before I went past her and started to walk out of the woods. Tzuyu followed along.

"Then who are those for?" she asked curiously. 

"How do you know it is not for you?" I  

"Because you would hand it to me right now if it was" Tzuyu replied back which made both of us laugh. 

Finally, after what seemed like a long walk, I stopped walking. I stopped right in front of this gigantic tree, shrubs and all sorts of beautiful flowers surrounding it. 
I then laid my hand on the wide tree trunk. I then said "patefio". After saying those words, the very wide tree trunk split in the middle and began to open like a door. I looked at Tzuyu and she was confused. I then took her hand as we both went inside. 

The inside was just a circle. Like the outside, shrubs and beautiful flowers surrounded the entire place. It was a pretty open space. 

But right down the center, there were 2 tombstones. 

I turned my head to glance at Tzuyu's expression and just as Luna had expected, she was once again confused. 

I laugh at her expression. 

"Today was the day I lost my parents" I smiled weakly as I layed the flowers in between the tombstones. 

"I'm sorry," she said 

"Don't be. I have managed to stop feeling sad each time I talk or think about them now since I know they would not want to see me that way." I replied as I was looking at their tombstones. "I have always visited them here alone. Not even Chaeyoung or Jihyo have knowledge about this." 

"Then why did you let me come along?"

"Honestly... I am not too sure myself" I said. "Ever since you told me about the fact that you had imprinted on me... it has been quite difficult to control my feelings for you" 

"Feelings for me?"

"I thought it was due to guilt, telling me that you imprinted on me and I didn't, made me feel guilty because to you, you had found your soulmate. Yet, it was not repciprocated" I said, still not making eye contact with her. "But then as I tried to stay away from you, to be with Chaeyoung more, thinking that it would just go away... I was wrong." I said as I finally turned around to look at her. 

"Are you saying..."

"What I feel for you... is right," I said. "But I am too much of a coward, to let go of what I and Chaeyoung have. Years of building our relationship. Years of myself saying that she is the one. There was a reason why I couldn't leave her out to die that night. There was a reason why I turned her despite only knowing her for a few days. I love her. I always will. And it will always be her." 

"But..." Tzuyu said as a tear escaped her eye. 

I wiped off her tear and then all of a sudden, I went closer to her and kissed her. 

The kiss was indescribable. It felt like my whole body tingled. Her lips were soft and the kiss was gentle. I can feel tears escaping her eyes as we kissed, including mine. 

Once we broke away from one another, I said to her, "I love you... but we can never be" I said and almost immediately after I said those words I activated my compulsion and told her, "Forget about the kiss, forget that I told you I loved you. Only remember the things I said about Chaeyoung. How I will always choose her." I said as I clenched my teeth. I was hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter