CH. XIV

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please.... take her," said Tzuyu, struggling to keep her composure. I could tell and probably everyone else in the room that Tzuyu was having a really hard time trying not to lose control over the scent of human blood. 

Jeongyeon immediately rushed over while I glanced over to some of the girls to see their reaction over the sight of blood. Most of them except Jihyo, Seulgi, Chaeyoung, and Sana were already backing away as they had their eyes agape. Momo was right, they can't handle the scent of human blood. 

Jeongyeon took Seyun off of Tzuyu's hands and quickly rushed to the living room. The girls who couldn't handle being around human blood left to give space for Jeongyeon to heal Seyun. 

I approached them, shaking as I looked at Seyun's lifeless body. She had deep slash marks on her neck and arms. I just knew that, whoever did this to her, wasn't human. 

"Is she dead?" I asked worriedly

"No," Jeongyeon said in between her operation. "But these slashes aren't from human objects. It's harder to heal. Just give me space and time. I promise, I'll save her" she said before Jihyo ushered everyone else to leave the living room and go upstairs. 

I was the last one that got upstairs. I was following behind Jihyo and Seulgi who were going to Jihyo’s room. I was about to follow in when my eyes caught a glimpse of Tzuyu inside her room. Her door was nearly fully closed but it was open enough for me to see her on her bed, frantically wiping off the blood on her arms. 

I quietly slipped away from the others and carefully went to Tzuyu’s room. 

I gently knocked on her door as I went in. 

“Hey,” I said. 

Now that I was closer to her, I could see that she was crying. And so, as soon as I walked in, she stood up and turned her back. I can see her make the motion of wiping her tears with her arm.

”Mina, please. Not now” she said

“No, Tzuyu. Let me help you” I stubbornly said before I went towards her and held her arms as I sat her back down on the bed. 

She was surprisingly compliant. We both sat on the bed as I took the wet wipes off from her hand and began gently wiping off the human blood from her hands. 

It was pretty silent for the first few minutes. With me, just focusing on getting all the blood off her. Until she spoke up, “I truly am sorry for how I treated you last night” 

I stopped wiping and raised my head to meet her eyes. She was facing the direction where the sun came into her room through the windows. The sunlight was illuminating her skin. Unlike the rest of the girls who have pale skin, she showed hints of brownness in her complexion. It was almost like she had mocha or caramel skin. It was beautiful. Her eyes were also brightened from the sun’s rays and so, her eyes were now the colour of gold and amber with still a hint of red. She was breathtaking to look at. I couldn’t help myself when I’m around her. She just has this effect on me. 

“It’s okay” I said back. “I know that maybe that’s not enough for you to believe that I actually do forgive you over what happened between us last night. But just trust me that I do accept your apology. I won’t use that against you. I know you’re a good person” I said, remembering what Luna had told me in my subconscious. 

As soon as I said that, her face brightened. Almost surprised that I had said that. 

“Thank you” she said sincerely. 

I then went back to wiping off the blood. 

“What happened to Seyun?” I asked 

“I was on my way to your house to apologize. I was going to knock on your front door, but then I heard noises coming in from upstairs. I assumed your foster parents weren’t home because there didn't seem to be anyone in the living room. So I climbed upstairs and entered your room. The noises were even more evident right next door. Screaming. Rustling. So I immediately went inside the other room to see what was going on. And that’s when I saw these two men attacking Seyun. She was fighting back. But they were incredibly strong and were shouting ‘Where is she?!’  By the time they saw me, they already managed to get Seyun down and knock her unconscious. They were going to kill her all the way until I stepped in. That was when I fought with them and realized they weren’t human.” she said 

I looked up at her. 

“What were they?” 

“They weren’t vampires but they had sharp teeth, tan skin and different coloured eyes.” she said “I think they were... werewolves. It was hard to take them down but I managed. Thinking about it now, they acted rather strangely. They were very strong. They could have taken me down. Until, when one was about to slash me with his sharp nails, he stopped as he looked at me in a very strange way. That was when I was able to take that moment and kill them.” 

"You think they resisted to kill you?" I asked

"Not sure" replied Tzuyu. "But either way... we now know that werewolves are after us."

"Jihyo told me that werewolves and vampires have a long ongoing feud between each other because of what Luna's parents did to the original werewolf" 

"That is right" 

"So what, they now know too that Luna's back and are out to kill me?!" I said getting nervous 

"Hey," Tzuyu said as she put her hand on my shoulder to comfort me. "Nothing is going to happen to you. You have 8 very strong vampires with powerful powers of their own that will protect you. You even have a hybrid as a protector. Nothing is going to hurt you, understand?" she said with such convincing eyes. 

"Yeah a hybrid that is my protector but is spelled to take me to the Covina Malum," I said 

"Jihyo is going to figure that out. Just trust her that she will." 

She gave me a reassuring smile that made me trust her words. I know I can trust these girls. 

Just then a knock ringed through the room from Chaeyoung. Tzuyu quickly took off her hand from my shoulder and looked down. 

"Jeongyeon is done healing Seyun's wounds. Jihyo wants all of us to go down in the living room." said Chaeyoung. 

"We'll be right down," I said. 

Chaeyoung gave one last look at us before leaving. 

"We need to start distancing ourselves from each other." said Tzuyu 

"Why?" I asked. "Because of Chaeyoung?" 

"It's not just that. Luna was at risk when she was around me because I was closely connected to the Covina Malum. I am not making the same mistake twice." 

"Listen to me Tzuyu. If you want to not have to constantly apologize to me, then stop pushing me away from you." I said "I get it. Luna will forever be your soulmate. But that doesn't mean we can't be friends" 

She looked up with an expression that seemed as I made her realize something obvious. "Very well," she said. "We shall be friends," she said before smiling 

I gave her a smile back before we both headed downstairs.

~

We all gathered around the living room. Seyun laid down on one of the couches with bandages on her. I felt terrible seeing her like this. I'm the reason why she got hurt. I'm putting her life in danger because an ancient vampire coven wants me dead. As well as the entire race of werewolves. 

"Seyun will be fine. Since her slashes weren't human it was harder to completely heal it. So, I had to finish it up the human way. She has a few stitches on her arms and face." said Jeongyeon. "She'll probably won't wake up till tomorrow. Which takes me to my next point. I need permission from you, Mina" she said looking at me. 

"Permission for what?" I asked

"To let Tzuyu erase her memory of what happened" she replied 

"Wait... your asking for my permission?!" 

"Well, it's not like we can ask her parents," said Jeongyeon 

"I... I don't know." I said. "Well, how are we gonna explain to her why she has stitches and why she's here?" 

"We'll take her back home before she wakes up" replied Jeongyeon. "And as for the stitches, I'll probably be able to take it off and completely heal her slash marks to the point it will be unnoticeable." 

"Ok fine" I agreed. 

"Tzuyu will return her home so that she can erase her memory just before she wakes up," said Jihyo. "But for now, we need to talk about what happened," she said as she looked at Tzuyu. "Who attacked her?" 

"I'm not sure who they were exactly... but what I am sure of is, they weren't vampires," she said which made the rest have confused expressions 

"What do you mean not vampires?" asked Momo "Witches then?" 

"No," said Tzuyu. As soon as she did, everyone's confused expressions turned to terrified ones. "They were werewolves." 

"There are werewolves in this town?" asked Dahyun who looked scared by the thought of having werewolves nearby. 

"Wait, wait" said Jihyo trying to calm everyone down. "Are you sure they were werewolves?" She asked Tzuyu.

"Yes," she replied sternly. "One of them had golden-brown eyes, not like ours, while the other were ice blue."

"Ice blue?" I asked. "Werewolves can have different eye colours from one another?" 

"We're not sure" replied Jihyo. "We don't exactly have any knowledge about them but from the stories Luna heard from her father about the original werewolf was, he had red eyes. But it was mixed with yellow and blue but red was the more prominent colour because he was an alpha" 

"What's an alpha?" I asked 

"The leader. The wolf in charge. The wolf that everyone bow downs to" replied Jihyo. 

"Wait so, what did they want?" asked Nayeon to Tzuyu.

"From what I heard, they were asking Seyun 'where is she?!' Which I assume they were talking about Mina" she said as she glanced at me. 

"Great. Not only do I have vampires after me, I also have werewolves." I said as I sat down on the couch in defeat. 

"What do they even want with her?" asked Momo

"Revenge" said Seulgi who had been quiet the whole time. All of us looked towards her. "From my journey into finding Princess Luna....or Mina. I encountered many different supernaturals specifically witches who knew things about the werewolves. They're hunting her" she said as she looked at me. 

"But why would they race the Covina Malum in finding Mina when they both want to kill her?" asked Sana "Not too overwhelm you, Mina," she said giving me an apologetic look

"How do we know they're not working together?" asked Chaeyoung. 

"We don't," said Seulgi. "But we do know, the Covina Malum wants Mina dead so that their grasp of the vampire community won't be lost. While the werewolves want her dead to finally avenge their father" 

"And both parties will probably want to torture me before they do kill me," I said. There was no point in thinking optimistically at this moment. 

"Mina," said Jihyo 

"No," I said. Stopping her from saying anymore. "I know you guys will protect me with your lives. But let's not forget the fact that I'm still human" 

"But you're not," said Chaeyoung 

"Yes, I am!" I said, raising my voice. "Until you guys turn me into one of you, then I'm vulnerable no matter what" 

"No ones turning you just yet, Mina" said Tzuyu 

"But why?!" I asked, getting frustrated.

"Because you might die!" yelled Tzuyu

The room went silent.

"What do you mean I might die?" I asked 

She looked at me for a split second and then lowered her eyes back down again. 

"Tzuyu, what are you talking about?" asked Jihyo.

"Look, we're not sure she'll be able to survive the transition" answered Tzuyu. 

"But you guys said! The only way I can be supernatural is through Luna's vampire side! I can't become a witch. Nor can I become a werewolf!" 

"But you're also not like any other human!" replied Tzuyu. "This has never been done before. No one knew that Luna would reincarnate. Even, the topic of a tribrid is still shocking. Luna's parents created her. Defying all the laws of nature. No one knew she could be killed. And yet she still was. There's always a flaw in the system. There's always a first to everything but it comes with extreme risks. We can't treat you like any other human that gets turned into one of us. You're different. We're not going to risk your life." 

"Well that's not your choice to make." I said. "Gosh, you're all as stubborn as Luna!" 

As soon as I said that, the girls' expressions were confused.

"What do you mean?" said Chaeyoung immediately. She stood up from the couch and was anticipating to hear more. 

"I've met Luna. I was able to talk to her through my subconscious and... you guys were right. She's amazing. And she told me, she's not willing to take over my body if that meant I had to die." 

"Luna's right," said Jihyo 

"Well, it's not her choice either. This is my body. This is my life. I get to choose how my fate goes. And besides, you guys can't see it yet but... you will be extremely happy once Luna's back. Yeah, you'll be sad that I'm gone. But, we're talking about bringing back the person you've all spent years and years with. The one all of you practically owe your life to. I got nothing on that. So just please, when the time comes, I want one of you to turn me."

"But what if you do die," said Chaeyoung 

"Then I die," I said. "At least I'll die the way I want to. And at least by me dying, you guys will be able to reunite with her. And I'm pretty sure she will be a lot of help compared to me in terms of defeating the Covina Malum" 

"Then let's say for argument's sake, we do turn you," said Tzuyu. "And your body just can't handle the transition. And you both die. You and Luna." 

I was taken aback by the question. I had never thought of that possibility. 

"I... " I said shaking my head and not knowing how to reply to her. 

"It's either that or we don't turn you and we'll still have both of you," said Tzuyu quietly and sternly. "Which is way better than having you or both of you gone." 

The rooms went silent for a few seconds. I felt defeated by the conversation. Tzuyu was right. It's worse to lose both of us if that was a possibility. 

"Ok," said Jihyo, breaking the silence. "We won't turn Mina until we're sure everything will go smoothly. For now, we have to start packing. Given

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter