CH. IV

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIHYO POV

I opened my eyes and was immediately greeted by Sana and Dahyun's faces looking at me worriedly. 

'SHE'S AWAKE!!!" they both screamed in unison as they got me up and hugged me tightly.

"Your hug will literally kill her.. twice" commented Jeongyeon standing by the window

"sorry!!" they both said as they broke their hug from me

"we were so worried jihyo!!" said Sana. 

"we thought you died!!" said Dahyun

"well we're all technically dead already" i said with a smile

My comment was followed by faint laughter. I looked around and noticed Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were absent

"Where is Chaeyoung and Tzuyu?" I asked

"Don't worry. They're both still alive. Thanks to you" said Nayeon

"What happened to you Jihyo?" asked Momo. "What did you do?"

"Yeah. You suddenly lost control and attacked Tzuyu. But then Tzuyu ended up inflicting pain on you and we had to listen to you yell in an absolute antagonizing minutes until you passed out. We thought she killed you but before I attacked her she explained that you were still alive but just temporarily dead" Jeongyeon said

"We asked her what you did but she wouldn't tell us and just left. Chaeyoung passed out once you did whatever you did. Once she woke up, she just broke down into tears. She continued to do that even as she left the house. We haven't see both of them since last night." Dahyun said "So what did you do?"

"I performed an E.T." I answered 

"Like the alien?" asked Momo

"You’re the only alien here Momo" said Jeongyeon with a teasing grin. Momo glared at her afterwards which made Jeongyeon laugh. 

"No not like the alien Momo. E.T. stands for Emotion Transfer” 

"Emotion Transfer?!" Jeongyeon said "I've only ever heard about that in ancient vampire literature! It was considered a myth! Something... that has never been done!"

"How does it go exactly?" Nayeon asked

"I basically picked an emotion from Chaeyoung that I would transfer to myself. So that she would lose that certain emotion for that time-being and I would have to carry the burden, pain, the intensity of that emotion. I would feel it rather than her. Of course, her knowledge of the news that triggered that emotion won't necessarily vanish from her memories because there are other emotions in play. Anger was the most violent and dangerous emotion she could feel for that moment, so I took that away... leaving her with just the emotion of sadness. That's why you saw her break down in tears instantly after she woke up”

"Why did you do it?" asked Nayeon 

"Because unlike Chaeyoung and unlike all of you, my gift is emotions. Even if I will feel the same feeling or emotion, it will not last. I will suffer from it for a while, but unlike all of you, that emotion will stay with you. I will only be able to destroy that specific emotion that was triggered by a specific occurence if I manifest it. So that's why you saw me attack Tzuyu. In that moment I was completely overruled by the emotion of anger towards her and with just the thought of wanting to make her feel pain. That's why Tzuyu had to put me down. This was only my second time of ever doing it and so I still have a lot to learn about this ability."

"How did Tzuyu know about this?" Jeongyeon asked

"Luna" I replied. "She knew about this and she knew I had it in me. The first time I ever did it was when Tzuyu just joined us. She had this strong hatred towards humans and this emotion couldn't stop herself from getting sudden violent urges to become extremely mad and kill all humans that she saw. Of course that hatred was just part of who she was because she was born into the Covina Malum. Her mind was corrupted and 'built' to hate humans. All of you already knew about her urge to kill humans and her choice of diet so that didn't really help in accepting her into the group. So Luna suggested E.T."

"So she was willing to risk your life for Tzuyu to stop killing humans?!" angrily said Jeongyeon. "Why didn't Luna just do her compulsion thing instead so that you didn't have to suffer for Tzuyu's actions?!"

"Because Luna knew that compulsing her didn't mean destroying that part of her. Besides, compulsion is an act of forcing someone to do something you want. And you know very well that Luna hated compulsing people if she knew there was another way. I was the other way. Tzuyu gladly accepted my offer to destroy that hatred she felt."

"She ruins everything Jihyo! When are you going to see that?! It all makes sense now. That night you were gone! A huge massacre fell upon one of the human villages near our place! And now we find out centuries later, it was you who killed them! When you would have never done that if you never transferred her emotion to yours! She made you a killer!" 

"No one made me a killer Jeongyeon!" I screamed. I finally expressed my anger after a long time of hiding it. "When are all of you going to see that we're all killers?! We have all killed humans in our lifetime. And don't give me that argument of the time that we were *savages so we had no choice but to kill humans. That still makes us killers. We've even killed our own kind before."

(*what newborns or vampires who had just transitioned and is in their first few days of being one are called because their thirst for human blood makes them do anything to get it)

"Savages, Jihyo! We had to! We had no control! And for killing our own kinds, we only did it so that we could prevent more deaths!" reasoned Jeongyeon

"That's exactly what I did for Tzuyu! If I never transferred her emotion to me, she would have continued to kill humans. And she would have never been accepted into our home because of our duty to protect humans. My night of massacaring a whole village was the end to Tzuyu's evilness! Why can't all of you just accept her?! How many more times does she have to prove her loyalty to this group?! How many more times do you want her to kill her family to prove that she chose us over them?! She fell in love with Luna and Luna accepted her! Do you think she would have accepted Tzuyu into our group if she knew all she would do is bring bad luck to us?! If anything, Tzuyu is the one keeping us all alive! She has the key to overthrowing Sunmi! She was her right hand. She just hasn't figured it out yet! That's why if we turn Mina right now, all it would do is put our lives in danger because you all know that the Covina Malum has their own prophecies. They know she will come back! And all of you know vampires all have a certain aura that will indicate each of our individuality! If we turn her, it will increase their chances of finding all of us and killing us. Keeping her in her human form might just give us a better chance to find something or figure out if Luna’s reincarnated self has something that can give us a clue to kill Sunmi!"

"So that's why Tzuyu has been resisting to turn her" said dahyun

"Exactly, and she knew that if she told you all, you would just get frustrated even more and blame her again. She's tired of being the evil one. The life destroyer. All she wants is to be accepted. I mean, do any of you know what she went through growing up in the Covina Malum? What she witnessed? What gruesome things she had to do?" 

"I'm sorry" said Chaeyoung who was listening all along from the foyer. "I'm sorry you had to do what you did. But you had no right to take my emotion from me!" she said as she walked closer to me

I stood up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter