CH. I

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINA POV

"WAKE UP TRASH! I'M GONNA BE LATE!" yelled my new foster sister, Seyun, as she banged on my door.

I open my eyes with annoyance and reached for my phone. It was only 8:00 AM and classes start at 9. The high school isn't even far from here. It's like 5 minutes from here if we go by car.

But I didn't argue, what I learned from my 9 fosters homes since I was 5 is that, there's no point in arguing with your new foster family. For as long as I remember, I was always treated badly by all of my foster parents. They would just take me in so that they could earn money from the government then eventually kick me out. Or most of the time, I'd be found somewhere else by the government and they would find out what was happening. So they'd just move me to a new home that will just treat me the exact same way.

I quickly tidy up my bed before I take a quick shower. After I just put on a simple blue (worn-out) skinny jeans and a white shirt. After I got myself ready, I went out of my room and headed to the kitchen.

"The hell you oversleeping for?!" said my new foster mom. "Be thankful my beautiful Seyun woke you up in the first place! Remember! You are not part of this family to be acting all comfortable around this house. You're just bringing in money for us for the time-being so behave yourself!" she said

"Good morning to you too" I sarcastically said. I said it quietly because I couldn't handle another yelling. Those words would hurt a normal person, but I've been hearing those kinds of things for years so I've just grown numb to it.

"Come on trash! You gotta drive me to school! I just got my nails done!" Seyun said as she purposely bumped into me.

It was already around 8:25 AM. Way too early for my liking to go to school. But again, I don't argue. I just take an apple from the counter and headed out.

~

We got to the school around 8:30 AM. I hesitatingly got out of the car before I looked up my new school. JYP High School. Doesn't seem to look any different from my previous schools. The same set of high school kids. All have their own cliques. The popular kids, the smart kids, the athletes... and then you have the kids like me. The outcasts. Honestly, at this point of my life, it doesn't bother me anymore that I'm different from everyone else. I'm used to people thinking I'm a weirdo.

Its the middle of March already. I'm going on as a senior in 12th grade. I just need to get through 3 more months of school before I can officially get out of the foster system and go on my own. "Just 3 more months, Mina,"  I think to myself. "You got this"

"Listen carefully here trash! No one can know we're connected in any way! So don't try hanging out with me during lunch or just any time! I can assure myself that we won't be in any classes because I'm a year younger. Just stay-"

"Wasn't planning on it," I said as I cut her sentence, not letting her finish. I knew she was shocked by that and so I heard her yell "HEY!" but I didn't care to look back.

~

I walk inside the school. I look around and see the usual: everyone in their own groups, talking and laughing. I was never really someone who could make a friend, let alone be in a group of friends. I always just stick to myself. Fitting in is just such a complicated thing to do for me.

I pulled out my schedule and checked to see my first class. BIOLOGY 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

An hour of biology... great! I'm not too worried about catching up and stuff. I just strangely did well in my studies for as long as I can remember. I'd study, but not as much as other people but I would still end up with straight A's.

I walk into the class and approached the teacher. I glanced at the whole classroom and luckily there weren't too many people yet. I can't handle people staring at me.

"um... Hi, I'm Mina. I'm new here" I said to the teacher.

"Right! Yes! Myoui Mina! I'm Mr. Kim! Your biology teacher!" he said with a big smile. "So, Mina here's your biology textbook. You can go sit next to Miss Chou over there. The one by the window." he said as he pointed to a girl with light-brown hair looking out the window. "Have a nice first day today Miss Myoui," he said before I smiled back and headed towards my seat.

I sat down by this 'Miss Chou' who was still looking out the window. I wasn't really the type to introduce myself to others but there's still 20mins left before class starts... so why not?

"Um, hey, I'm Mina," I said looking at the back of her head. "I'm new here."

She finally turned her head towards me and I was met with a cold-stoned face followed by a shocked face. She is really pretty, no doubt in that. She has a perfect facial structure with intense golden brown eyes but with a hint of red which were just staring at me, not blinking at all. was slightly agape as well. I was weirded out. 

"What's your name?" I asked breaking the silence.

As soon as I said that, she just got up and left the room. My eyes followed her as she left. What was her deal? Did I say or do something wrong? "This is why you should just keep to yourself Mina," I said to myself.

*RING* (class starts)

~

"Ok class, see you tomorrow and don't forget to look over your notes for today! We'll have a quiz tomorrow!" Mr. Kim says before we all left and headed to our next class.

I looked at my schedule as I walked through the hallways trying to not to get swallowed by the huge crowd. PHYS ED 10:00 AM -11:00 AM

"Great... an hour of gym. Even better!" I thought to myself

I try to navigate where the gym was which took a lot of asking until finally I was able to find it and got changed quickly. As I was changing with all these other girls, I noticed that the girl from earlier who left was now back. I caught her looking at me once I noticed she was there.

"Seriously, what is up with that girl?!"

I got out of the changing room and was told by the gym teacher that it was an 'open gym' where I can pick what I wanted to do. Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton. It was a pretty big gymnasium and there was a lot of people already doing their own stuff. I just went to the side and stood there awkwardly for a few seconds until I saw a volleyball coming towards me fast. My instinct was to cover my face with my arms and I just stood there for a few seconds like that. I didn't feel the ball at all so I lowered my arms and saw a tall girl in front of me holding that ball. It was the same girl from Biology. And again, she just stood there and looked at me with the same intense eyes for about a second before she left.

"Are you okay?" a girl with brunette hair and pale skin asks me as she came towards me. "Sorry, I can't control my spikes sometimes. I'm Jihyo" she said as she initiated a handshake. "You must be new here. I don't recognize you."

"Yeah, I'm Mina" I replied.

"Nice to meet you, Mina. So, how's your first day going so far?" Jihyo asks

"It's been okay. I had biology this morning... that was something."

"Hahaha. Mr. Kim can be really boring sometimes. Wait! That means you've met Tzuyu!" she says

"Tzuyu?" I asked in confusion.

"She's in the same class. The one who just saved you from the ball." She said as she pointed to Tzuyu who was busy playing

"So her name is Tzuyu." I thought

"Oh her. We briefly met but I never got her name. I was assigned to sit next to her but she just left when I introduced myself."

"Oh yeah! About that, she didn't do that to be rude. I asked her to do something for me this morning and I guess she just remembered it just then." she says

That sounded like a pretty lame excuse to me but I just let it go.

"She's an awkward person," Jihyo says. "Hope you understand"

"Yeah, I get that. I'm pretty awkward too" I replied

"You wanna come play with us?' she asks

"Uh... I'm good. I'm not so good at volleyball." I kindly rejected

"That's cool. See you 'round Mina" she said with a smile before she left and continued to play volleyball with her friends.

For the next hour, I just hid by the corner with other students who didn't want to play anything. Through it, I was approached by these 4 girls who were all fairly nice. They invited me to play badminton with them and later invited me to eat lunch with them. I just went with it and accepted their offer since this kind of thing never happens to me.

~

*RING*

History class is over and now its finally lunch

I head to the cafeteria which wasn't too hard to find since everyone was heading that way. I got myself a tray and got some food before I walked around trying to look for those girls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter