CH. VII

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINA POV

I slowly opened my eyes and took a few seconds before my vision adjusted. I was laying down in a bed and I could tell it was already night since the room was completely dark except for a hint of moonlight. 

I got up and sat upright before rubbing my eyes gently. The last thing I saw was a bright white light before I lost consciousness. And before that, I saw Tzuyu and Chaeyoung fighting but in this vision, wearing somewhat vintage clothing. I was still gently rubbing my eyes when I hear a voice from the door. 

“You feeling better?” 

I looked up and saw Jihyo leaning on the wall by the door with her arms crossed. Giving me a gentle, reassuring smile.

”Yeah,” I said. “How long was I out?” 

“About 3 hours. Maybe more” she said before she began to approach closer to the bed. “What happened to you?” She said as she sat on the bed 

“I... I don’t know. I saw something and then a bright white light just blurred my entire vision and gave me a huge headache” I said, “How’s Tzuyu and Chaeyoung?” 

“They’re fine. This will sound weird but it was a good thing you fainted or else we would have never been able to stop those two from killing each other.” 

“Why do they hate each other?” I asked “I mean, I felt it pretty early on that there was some kind of tension between them” 

She looked down, thinking whether or not she should tell me. Finally, after a few seconds, she looked back up and looked me in the eyes. 

“Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were both romantically involved with Luna,” she said “Chaeyoung is essentially the first one to be with Luna because she was the one that turned Chaeyoung. She was left to die by this vampire who was part of the Covina Malum that was looking for Luna. Chaeyoung gave us a home when their coven killed Luna's parents. We were on the run but I was badly injured so I needed some rest. We stumbled upon her farm and she took us in. So Luna already felt something for her, therefore, she couldn’t bear to leave her suffering like that when we found her bleeding out. We took her to the nearest doctor at that time, Jeongyeon. But she couldn't save her so Luna turned her and eventually, very soon, they're feelings became much deeper and intense.” 

“But then she cheated on her with Tzuyu?” 

“I won’t necessarily use the word ‘cheating’. See, there’s this thing, process, called imprinting.” 

“Like for wolves?” I asked referencing to Twilight 

“No. well, maybe. I’m not too sure since I’m not a wolf myself. But, if you're referencing to Twilight, then yes, it is pretty similar to that. Imprinting is extremely rare. When one imprints on another, it is described as they see their entire self through them. Imprinting basically means they found their soulmate. Everyone has a soulmate. It's just fortunate for us vampires because we actually get to know if we found our soulmate. Unlike humans, who just has to go with their gut." said Jihyo "It's such a rare occurrence that doesn’t happen to everyone because it’s not like vampires are born. Every vampire you'll meet was turned by another vampire. Therefore, if two vampires managed to be lucky enough to find their soulmates then... they were destined, fated, to be together” 

“So... Luna imprinted on Tzuyu?” I asked 

“No. Tzuyu was the one that imprinted on her first. Luna imprinted back minutes before she died. Did you notice how all of us said what we were as humans or what we were like that caused our powers as vampires, and Tzuyu didn’t?” She asked 

I thought about it and realized she didn’t. I shake my head. 

“That’s because Tzuyu doesn’t know if she was born as a vampire or was a human before.” 

“How can she not know?” 

“Well, Tzuyu was part of the Covina Malum. From the very start actually. She was essentially the right hand of the leader. Her ‘daughter’ we assumed.” 

“That explains why her powers are more... evil in a sense” 

“Yeah, she was evil. However during the time Luna and I went over to their home because Luna wanted to intimidate them to stand down from going against her parent's orders. It was a stupid idea we did behind her parent's backs. I tried to talk her out of it but Luna was so stubborn." said Jihyo as she smiled remembering the memory of Luna. "But anyway, there we went. We saw Tzuyu who was by the corner, not talking at all. She was quiet, timid, just like how she is now. She didn't look at us at all and was really there to just guard their leader. But for a split second, I guess, she glanced towards us just when Luna was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter