CH. XII

IX Lamia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINA POV

I started to regain consciousness as I began to feel the bumps of the road and the sound of the tires moving across the gravel road. 

I slowly opened my eyes, it was already dark. Panic began to travel throughout my body. I looked around in a panic state as I was breathing heavily. 

"Where are we?!" I asked, fear evident in my voice. 

Seulgi didn't look at me. She just had her eyes straight forward. 

"Seulgi, where the hell are we?!" I said more aggressively this time. "Where are you taking me?!" 

Once again, she didn't even flinch. Instead, she muttered words that I still managed to make out.

"Must take you to them" she muttered. Her gaze still fixed on the road. 

"STOP THIS CAR RIGHT NOW" I yelled. "Seulgi, please! Don't do this!" 

"Must return you to Sunmi" she muttered once again. 

"I SAID STOP--" 

Out of nowhere, I heavily gasped, my eyes fixed, my whole body just froze as I felt losing control of myself.

My eyes closed for a second before it opened as I began to speak. 

"I order you to stop this car right now, Park Seulgi," I said sternly but I knew it didn't come from me. 

Seulgi finally broke from her fixed gaze and turned her head to face me. Her face looks surprised. "Princess?" she asked with shock evident in her voice.

"My mother entrusted you to protect me. She chose you to do everything you can in your power to keep me safe. Do your duty!" I said 

And just like that, Seulgi immediately stopped the car. As soon as she did that, I once again heavily gasped as I finally returned back into control of my body. 

I was breathing heavily. I didn't understand what just happened. Luna's soul or consciousness somehow took over me. She was here. She is within me. 

"Mina?" Seulgi said. "Why... why are we here? Where are we?" she asked with so much confusion. She looked around. 

"You don't remember where you were going to take me?" I said, also confused. 

"No. The last thing I remember was... having a conversation with Jihyo and the other girls. Then I'm here. I heard the princess. Her voice... her words, it snapped me out of it" 

I was still bewildered by what just happened. I didn't understand why Seulgi had no recollection of what she tried to do. Maybe, she was possessed or something. She mentioned someone named Sunmi. I swear, that name sounds so familiar. 

I looked at her and said, "We'll talk about this later with the girls. We better get home. Let's switch I'll drive us home to the girls" I said 

"As you say," she said as we both got out of the car and switched seats. 

~

The whole car ride was silent. It was at least a 5-hour drive until we returned to the actual town. Seulgi guided me through the GPS on my phone. We could've used her magic to get us there right away but I wasn't comfortable with her using her powers at the moment since she still seemed pretty bewildered by what happened. 
Upon opening my phone to set up the GPS, I was shocked when she told me it was already 3 am the next day. She also said there were multiple texts and missed calls from Jihyo. More came from Chaeyoung. And even more from Seyun. 

I thought it was best to go to the girls' house first so that I could check on them and have them take Seulgi before I went back home to my foster family. Which I expect would have the cops or the people who worked in the foster care system there trying to figure out where I was. From how the situation looked, they might be already assuming that I ran away. 

~

Once we got the car parked in their driveway. I noticed that the lights inside were open. They're all probably very worried. 

Seulgi and I got out of the car and just before I knocked on the door, I told her to stay behind me so that if some of the girls react angrily on seeing her, after who knows what she did to them, I would be able to somewhat prevent it, since I know they won't hurt me. She politely nodded her head. I could tell from her quietness and posture, she seemed down and disappointed at herself. 

I was then just about to knock the door when all of a sudden the doors immediately opened revealing Nayeon. I forgot she could see through walls.

"Mina!" she yelled happily as she entangled me into a tight hug. 

The rest of the girls soon followed. Then once the rest of the girls arrived, Jeongyeon saw Seulgi and said, "You!" as she was about to charge towards Seulgi. 

I immediately went in front of her to stop her from going closer to Seulgi. 

"She'll explain!" I said. "I'm fine ok. Seulgi wasn't herself. Just hear her out first" I reasoned with her.

~

We all sat on the couches, with only me and Seulgi facing the others. I can tell Seulgi was nervous and embarrassed. 

"She did a sleeping spell on us around the morning," Jihyo said. "It was just out of nowhere. We were catching up on a lot of things and sharing with her all the memories we had together back then. Then when we decided to just watch some tv, she did the spell. She also waited for Tzuyu to come back in the morning to do a sleeping spell on her as well," she said as she glanced over to Tzuyu. 

"After I got back from...." she said as her eyes landed on mine. "From..uh.. hunting during the night" she said. I knew she wasn't actually hunting. She came back after she delivered the dreamcatcher to my room. "I went back to the house maybe around 8 so that we could all go to school, but I saw that everyone else was on the floor. I immediately panicked and when I tried to wake them up, Seulgi appeared to me. And just like the rest, she made me lose consciousness" 

"By the time we all woke up, it was already around 5 pm. We immediately went to your house to see if you were there. But we were met with Seyun who was annoyed as she told us that you suddenly disappeared with the car and had to make her walk all the way home." said Jihyo. "We all knew that wasn't the case. Seulgi must've kidnapped you. And we were right to think that" 

"I'm deeply sorry" Seulgi said. 

"Where did she take you?" asked Jeongyeon. 

"We never got there. To wherever she was taking me. She wasn't herself. It was like... she was possessed. Her eyes were just staring straight forward and she muttered words. The first time she said, 'Must take you to them' and then the second time she muttered, 'Must return you to Sunmi'" I replied 

As soon as I said Sunmi's name, the room was filled with gasps. Their eyes widened. 

"Who's Sunmi?" I asked

"The leader of the Covina Malum" replied Tzuyu. "Of course... It makes sense now. They took Seulgi to get information from her and used her as a spy for them." 

"What do you mean?" asked Jihyo. 

"Since Seulgi was the first and only human Luna's mother created to start her witch bloodline, there was no one else who had that sire bond to the original witch. Considering the original witch gave Seulgi the duty to be the one to turn humans into witches, she's the only human-turned witch created by the original witch, making her the most powerful witch today. So the fact that the original witch ordered and made Seulgi swear on her life that she will do everything she can to protect Luna, made it a valuable and rare trait. That's why they took her." Tzuyu said as she looked at Seulgi. "She's sired to a member of the Covina Malum after they turned her into a vampire. However, she must've been tortured and close to her death when they turned her because Seulgi doesn't even realize or know that she's sired to them. To her, she's still sired to the original witch. But they must've put a spell on her that would break that upon finding Luna, that would reveal her purpose of being granted a second life" said Tzuyu "They knew Luna would come back. They knew way before they killed her" 

"How is that possible?!" asked Sana in shock

"Even if they had someone in their coven that had the power to see prophetic visions like me," said Momo. "It would still be almost impossible to predict someone's death. And be sure that, that prophecy will in fact happen and is the only timeline. Especially, Luna. She wasn't just any supernatural! She was the one and only tribrid. Even I never had prophetic visions that were solely targeted towards her. Her fate was way too complex than that." 

"But the Covina Malum is much more powerful than we think," said Tzuyu. "Sunmi. She must've known."

"Sunmi didn't even fight against us! She always stayed in the sidelines every battle we did against them!" said Chaeyoung. "She didn't come out until the very last one where she killed Luna!"

"And Sunmi is just some vampire!" said Jeongyeon. "How can an ordinary vampire kill a tribrid?! That's the question we should be thinking about!" 

"Tzuyu was there," said Chaeyoung as she glanced at Tzuyu. "The rest of us were outside the castle when it happened. It was just you and Luna that went in to try to kill her." 

"What are you trying to say?" asked Tzuyu fiercely. "You think that I killed her?!" 

"I think it's all been a setup. You wanted to help your mommy kill Luna. That your whole imprint story was one big lie and you were ordered by your mommy to gain Luna's trust and then bring her to Sunmi to kill her!" said Chaeyoung aggressively

And just like that, Tzuyu charged towards Chaeyoung. The impact of Tzuyu pinning Chaeyoung to the floor was so hard that it broke the tiles. Everyone immediately stood up. 

Once again they were fighting. Seulgi positioned herself in front of me to protect me. 

I was breathing heavil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter