Chapter 16

Crumbs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinsoul was just queuing up to get her daily intake of snacks from the school canteen when a face with strong features stood out from the rest of the crowd. 

 

“Jungeun…” A name softly made its entrance into the ears of her clique as the other two girls stood beside her. 

 

Upon closer inspection, the fish noticed another girl who was standing quite close to her target. Suddenly without any warning, the unknown girl easily strapped herself next to the owl by linking arms with the said girl. Feeling a tight lump in her chest, some appetite of the taller girl went away and she found herself stuttering in front of the cashier when it was her turn. 

 

“Uhm.. I’ll have…” Panicking, a pair of eyes darted around the wide array of food displayed in front of her and she quickly picked out the ones she had her sight on, to prevent receiving complaints from those waiting in the line at the back. 

 

Walking away from the store with food in her hands, one of her concerned friends asked about her strange behavior from before. 

 

“I’ve never seen you so hesitant when it comes to food. Is there anything wrong?” Yerim asked while stuffing with marshmallows that she won in the previous game contest held in her department. 

 

“Maybe monthly things.” The pufferfish immediately gave a response to avoid getting prodded on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter