chapter XXVI

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
26 RED SMOKE  

Their third day in Silverio started with double Potions, which Sumin wasn't really excited about. She was never the person to be into mixing things, however it didn't mean she wouldn't try her best to go along with the book and the Professor in charge said, and in turn got the best result she could hope for.

But, her mind wasn't really into it, actually. She was still thinking about where would be the perfect place to do her plan, and the best place for now was the Common Room. Any other rooms at night would be too suspicious for her and required her to go sneaking, meanwhile she could leisurely go into the Common Room as it was indeed, her Class' Common Room after all.

As soon as they arrived at their classroom for Potions, scents from various things entered Sumin's nostrils. Some smelled enticing, some were all right, and some were just something Sumin would want to go far away from.

Different than the other classrooms, there weren't any singular tables. Instead, there was a wide, long table to accommodate two people. There were also one big, black cauldron propped on the middle of each table, which seemed to have faint smoke floating out from it. There were rows of shelves with many jars on top of it; each jars held different things inside it.

In front of the classroom was a beautiful, ivory-skinned woman with sharp cheekbones who had a long, golden necklace that went past her chest. There was a small, gold hourglass at the end of her necklace, with white sands that seemed to sparkle inside it. She also had a few rings around some of her fingers and there was only one silver ring between the bronze and golden rings, which was around her left hand's ring finger. Sumin had a feeling that was a wedding ring.

The Reomirs went to their seats randomly, and Sumin took a seat beside Suho, ignoring Chanyeol's pout, Kyungsoo's disappointed owl eyes, and Kai's stare which seemed to bore holes behind her head. She also had a great feeling Suho noticed those, as those three were just too obvious for their own good, and Sumin noticed Suho's jaw suddenly clenched.

Before she dwelled on it more, the beautiful Professor in front of them spread her arms in a welcome manner. "Welcome to Potions, Reomirs! My name is Berenike Sleiman, and you can call me Professor Sleiman. I will be teaching you sorts of things about potions, and if you are interested with it, you might want to be in the Medical Department and be an Advanced Pharmacist, a job specialized for Magives.

"As you must have known already, we have Maplants that only Magives can touch, and many of those Maplants can be made as potions. Therefore, only Magives can be an Advanced Pharmacist, or in short Adv. Pharmacist to treat those. In third year, you will have to pick one lesson out of eight lessons where you will be focusing more and deeply in that particular lesson," Professor Sleiman said. Sumin noticed the woman spoke with a honeyed accent, and talked slowly, which seemed to only make her voice seemed rich and classy.

If there wasn't that Second Battle coming up, Sumin would have chosen an occupation related to Defense Arts in a heartbeat. She wanted to be a Warrior and have quests where she could beat people up. However, whatever the result in the Second Battle would be, she had a feeling things would change; and she didn't know if it would change in a better way or worse.

"Today, as this is our first meeting, I will want to ask some small questions first before we proceed to make our potions." Professor Sleiman her chin as she thought of a question, then when she did she smiled. "What is the main ingredient of the Beautify Potion?"

Sumin quickly raised her hand, wanting to prove everyone that she could do well not only with her ability, but also her intelligence.

"Yes?" Professor Sleiman pointed at Sumin.

"Lee Sumin, Professor. The main ingredient of Beautify Potion is a Maplant called Resyme, and its petals are the main vital part of the Potion. Resyme can be found in forests, and typically bloom more in Spring. Beautify Potion doesn't make your face change, however, but it can make your face more, visually charming. It will make your face glow, not literally, and will make people get attracted to you. A spray of Beautify Potion is enough to make you radiate for a whole day," Sumin explained, feeling proud of herself for remembering it perfectly.

"Excellent! Bonus points for Miss Lee Sumin," Professor Sleiman said as she went back to take her clipboard to write. "Next question, what do you get when you mix both Hypnosia and Forgevia?"

This time, few hands were raised, but Professor Sleiman had her attention on Suho.

"Kim Junmyeon, Professor. When you add Hypnosia and Forgevia, you will get Mind Erasure Potion. Two sprays of it can make people forget what happened ten hours ago. If you spray too much, then the person will have a risk of damaged brain and all their memories can be erased," Suho said.

Professor Sleiman jotted down on her clipboard before nodding approvingly. "Good answer, Mr. Kim. Next and last question, what will happen if you put the blood of Magives, or so we call it as Ichor, into the potion as the main ingredient?"

Jeanne who sat next to Kyungsoo, raised her arm right after the question was told. Sumin raised her eyebrow in a mix of question and surprise. Jeanne wasn't the type of person Sumin would expect to be into Potions; Sumin thought the Valcadas Magive might be interested in lessons such as Defense Arts.

"When you put in Ichors, the blood of Magives, then you can make Temporary Ability Potion," Jeanne said. All the playfulness in her eyes seemed to have evaporated, showing Sumin a new side from Jeanne beside her usual persistent and annoying self. Sumin wondered whether she could see more of this Jeanne instead of the blabbering one.

"Temporary Ability?" Chanyeol asked.

It wasn't only him who was clueless of this fact, though. It seemed like the rest of the Reomirs beside Jeanne were pretty surprised and confused at this. Even Chen's familiar cat-like smile was slowly growing in his face as he propped his chin on top of his palm.

"If a human drinks the potion in small dosage, then that human can have the ability from the Magive's Ichor for three days. If a Magive drinks the same dosage as a human, that Magive will die. But a spray of that potion on a Magive can let them have that ability for the whole day, while their original ability can't be used until the time is over," Jeanne explained, who seemed to be quite clueless of all the curious stares from her Classmates.

"How come I have never known this?" Suho muttered under his breath, flipping over his Potions book to search anything close to what he had just heard.

Sumin had the same question as Suho in her mind: How come she didn't know this? She was sure she had read all the books about Potions in the public library she used to visit, and most of the new Potions books back at the Queen's Palace. She had never read something about the blood of Magives, or Ichor in that matter, be used in potions.

"Perfect! Excellent answers, what is your name, dear?" Professor Sleiman asked.

"Yoon Jeanne, Professor."

The quill she held moved along as she scribbled down onto her clipboard before Professor Sleiman put it gently on her table. "I am very sure, that all of you are confused about this new and profound information. I didn't even expect any of you to know. It is very understandable, of course, because this information is only available in the limited edition of Secret Results of Potions by Alejandro Park, which only had 10 books in the market only for Magives. Of course, not all Magives knew about this and got it, but apparently, it seems like Miss Yoon has gotten it."

Jeanne straightened her back in her seat, hints of both shy and proud was evident all over her face.

"Our blood is called as Ichor, which is taken from the Greek Mythology. The blood of the Gods and Goddesses are called as Ichor in there. To distinguis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter