chapter XVIII

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
18 FIRST LESSON  

Sumin blinked repeatedly after the Oracle had spoken her name, along with other familiar names. Did she just get put into Reomir: the Class that she had been sorely hoping to get into?

"We are all in one Class!" Chanyeol cheerily said, momentarily forgetting that they were all still in the Halloust.

Sumin glanced around to find a certain someone as she walked ahead. When she finally met his eyes, she felt the familiar lurch from her chest, which she knew was absolutely not from the excitement and the nervousness from this ceremony.

"Ace," Suho greeted with a relieved smile, scooting closer to her.

"Suho," Sumin said, hiding her elated feelings with a small smirk.

"So, we meet again. I didn't expect we would be in one Class," Suho commented, as they both went upstairs to join the rest of their Classmates.

Sumin stared up and down at his appearance; she was clearly impressed with how rich he looked, even though he wore the same uniform as all of them. It was a very remarkable gift for him to look rich at everything he wore, even though he was a thief just like her.

"I will be awaiting for your ability once more, Suho," Sumin said quietly before she walked away and stood beside Luhan.

Luhan, who noticed she had stood beside her, was unexpectedly frowning. Sumin had expected for him to at least look relieved somehow in his eyes, or just plainly expressionless, which was his talent. Yet, he was frowning, which made her think if Luhan actually didn't want her to be in one Class with him. After all, having all the Pandoras in one Class would be a disadvantage for their task.

"Who was that?" Luhan whispered.

Sumin glanced at Suho, whom seemed to be busy talking with Baekhyun, before looking back at Luhan. "He's Suho, which I presume must be Kim Junmyeon. I met him at the Serra Alley. He was a thief just like us."

Luhan's frown deepened, and Sumin noticed the suspicion looming over his eyes. He glanced at Suho for a moment, before looking ahead. "He's suspicious. Is he from Quaris, then?"

"Yes, I suppose so," Sumin replied quietly, staring ahead as well.

Luhan didn't say anything back, however Professor Song walked to the front with a formal smile. She was wearing an off-shoulder black dress with long sleeves, with the end of the dress reaching right above her ankles. Her brown hair was tied into a bun, with a braid at each sides of her head. Her lips were still bright red, with her red high heels to complement her appearance.

"To the new students of Reomir, you may sit down to the left table right there," Professor Song said, pointing her hand to the table itself.

The fifteen Magives immediately obeyed her words and walked downstairs toward the table. They all sat down quite awkwardly; it was their first time meeting each other as a student in Silverio, after all.

However, Chanyeol quickly broke the silence as quick as a lightning. "Hello! My name is Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you!"

"Hey," an unfamiliar Magive replied, "my name's Wu Yifan. I hope we ignore those scary words of the Oracle and have nice three years in this Academy."

Wu Yifan was another handsome one. He had black mullet hair and stern gaze. Sumin would have thought he would be the silent type if she only judged through his appearance. But the way he was smiling a little at Chanyeol, she was definitely mistaken.

"The name is Yoon Jeanne!" Jeanne introduced herself cheerily, occasionally glancing at Sumin with an even brighter grin. However, Sumin ignored Jeanne's look and just looked around their Classmates.

Sumin met the man's eyes across her and he suddenly smiled, showing his two dimples beside the corners of his lips. Sumin was quite taken aback at his sudden ㅡ adorable ㅡ smile, but she didn't smile back and just broke their eye contact.

Instead, Sumin decided to look at the last female in their Class, whom was sitting beside Suho. She kept staring down at her empty plate, and when she looked up, her eyes met with Sumin's. She immediately broke their gaze in a second and continued her stare at the plate. Sumin rose her eyebrows at that female Magive, but quickly lost interest.

Before the rest continued their introductions, Headmistress Fenming went up to the front once again to let the Oracle announce to where the rest of the students go. The announcements passed quickly like a blur, and soon enough the Pixies entered to deliver their dinner.

As Sumin ate her croissant, she couldn't help but think about the other two Classes' supposedly "fates". The Oracle didn't say anything as conspicuous as when it announced Reomir's fates. It only said the names of the Classes and how their Fates would be quite interesting, but it didn't say anything remotely close to "blood" like Reomir's.

However, her train of thoughts were cut shortly when Headmistress Fenming went to the front again. "Your trunks have been moved to your Classes' dormitories. We expect for all of you to immediately go to your dorms after this dinner. Each of you have also been given a schedule for the rest of the First Year right on top of your trunks; it is not mandatory for all of you to bring your books for the first time you come in every lessons.

"All the Common Rooms and dorms of each Classes have their own safe words. There will be a golden statue of an eagle at the front of the doors, and all you need to do is whisper to it your safe word based on your own Classes, which will be given to you on a paper that will be crippled to ashes at midnight, so I advise you to memorise it immediately," she explained. "Also some quick reminders, the Majestic Forest is prohibited for any of you to enter without any of our permissions, and no Magives nor humans can touch the gate or harm may befall upon them. There is an invisible force, some kind of a wall to prevent Magives that have Flight as their abilities. We also have charmed the gate not to allow any Magives with Teleportation to teleport beyond the gate. With that, we all wish for the fifty of you to have a good night."

The Magives clapped in response, before they continued to eat until their stomachs were filled to their hearts' desire.

 

 

"Woah, we really are all in one Class!" Jeanne exclaimed excitedly as soon as they arrived at their new dorm.

The decorations in Reomir was mostly similar with Hawthorn. However, Reomir was green instead of blue. The banners were green, with a yellow crown, similar to the one in their uniforms' badge. There was that green diamond in the middle, expressing their Class' colour distinctly.

"I'm taking the right one!" Jeanne exclaimed, rushing over to the bed on the right side and jumped onto the bed comfortably. "My body's really, really dead tired from all that ceremony."

Sumin glanced at the other girl whom had already sat down at the left bed. Sumin sighed in annoyance; she was left with the only bed in the dorm: the middle one. This would mean that she would be stuck for the rest of the years having to be next to Jeanne.

Sumin noticed a small piece of paper on top of her trunk, which contained a word that she presumed would be their Reomir's safe word: Albasity.

As Sumin pulled up her trunk to her bed, Jeanne walked over to the other girl and offered her hand. "Hello, the name's Yoon Jeanne. What's yours?"

The girl stared at Jeanne's hand longer than Sumin had expected, before she finally accepted and shook Jeanne's hand. "My name is Lifen. Xu Lifen."

"Okay!" Jeanne cheerily said. Then, she pointed at Sumin with her thumb. "That one's Lee Sumin. She's always grumpy, so you should be careful."

Sumin frowned at Jeanne's comment, resisting the small urge to send her dagger right to Jeanne. Did she even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter