chapter XIX

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
19 ENERGILOGY  

After the exciting duel, Professor Rolfe disappointed them when he decided to give them their very, first assignment that should be submitted in three days' time. Of course, it brought complaints from most of Reomirs, but he didn't pay any attentions to it. Their assignment was to search about the History of Duels, which should consist of five major points: who started it, when did it first officially establish, why was it important for official duels to have the Circle Duel, what plants are mostly used in the process of the Circle Duel, and who found the Circle Duel and the Wall of Duel.

"Assignment on our first day? Amazing! And it's not even the last lesson of the day yet!" Chanyeol complained dramatically, walking beside Sumin.

However, Sumin raised her eyebrow at Chanyeol's sarcasm. It was her first time hearing Chanyeol use sarcasm. They were all such a 'bad' influence to Chanyeol, but that somehow made her slightly proud.

"I thought we come here to improve our abilities, not all this crap," Kai said, joining the train of complaints.

Kyungsoo seemed to be the only one who looked excited over this assignment, which he tried his best to bury down. Unfortunately for him, Sumin noticed the small quirks from the corners of his lips whenever she glanced at him.

"I personally think that duel was kind of bad. None of them were great," said a guy from Sumin's back.

Sumin slightly turned around to look, and his long, metallic earrings were the first ones to catch her attention. Not only that, he had blonde hair which seemed recently dyed, and also wore small, silver chains around his neck, which he proudly wore outside his shirt. He was quite tall, but not as tall as Yifan nor Chanyeol. He looked rather emotionless, and his stare was rather terrifying, as though he was always mad.

"Oh, yeah? Why, Tao?" Yifan asked, who walked alongside him.

"That light guy was definitely weak with his combat skills, but I give it to him about his abilities. I thought the wind guy's going to be great, but he failed my expectations." Tao clicked his tongue in disappointment. "While the shadow girl is just plain noisy."

Yifan laughed lightly, which sounded rather nice in Sumin's ears. "I can see that. So you are saying that you are way better than them?"

Tao smiled pridely, huffing hist chest and he straightened his back. "Of course! I bet I can beat all of them in just one second."

Yifan merely cocked his head to the side, as though he didn't take Tao's words seriously. "Sure, sure."

They all entered their second lesson of the day: Energilogy, taught by Professor Song Miyeon. This was one of the lessons Sumin had been expecting, obviously because she was curious what they would learn there, and because there was Professor Song.

Energilogy classroom was located in the second floor, at the east side of the castle. Once they stepped in, they were greeted by lots of drawings and scribbles plastered on the wall. Some were too hard to identify, but some had similar drawings: a drawing of a circle and another smaller circle inside it, which somehow looked as if it was shining a little.

There was also a drawing of a human body, but there were only the drawings of a brain and that similar circle inside the body. That circle was located right under the heart, which had a few lines connected to the brain.

Professor Song already stood in front of the classroom with clasped hands. Today she wore all red once again, which Sumin guessed was her favourite colour.

After all Reomirs had taken their respective seats, Professor Song smiled a little. "Welcome to your first lesson of Energilogy. As most of you probably expect, this lesson will focus on how to push and expand the strength of your Energy Core. Energilogy is different from Defense Arts, of course; Defense Arts will focus on how to fight with your abilities, while Energilogy will train your abilities.

"As you can see from the sketches and posters around here, professionals have assumed that Energy Cores look like that," Professor Song explained as she started to walk around the classroom. "Of course, it might not be a circle or a sphere, as we have never found the evidence inside a Magive's body until now. Although we can't see our Energy Cores, we can feel it flowing inside our body. Energy Cores are rather beautiful; it has a connection with your mind so it's important to always think that you can do it while you practice."

Professor Song walked to the front once again and stared down at them sternly. "Today is our first lesson and as we see that books are not mandatory for this particular day, I will call each of you to the front and show me your abilities, so I can judge how much you have developed your Energy Cores."

"In here?" Suho asked, looking skeptical as he looked around the classroom once more.

The classroom was not spacious like Defense Arts, it was just a normal classroom. If they showed their abilities in this room, Sumin would bet that this room will be broken down in shambles.

Professor Song's smile turned into a smug smirk. "Of course not. We are going down to the field, right beside the Majestic Forest. Come along."

 

 

The Reomirs and Professor Song walked out from the castle to the grass field beside the forest that was called as the Majestic Forest. The trees swayed from the wind, which reminded Sumin of Sehun's gaze from before. Sehun, Baekhyun, and Jeanne were still resting at the clinic from the bruises they had received from the duel.

"I see you are all curious of that forest?" Professor Song teased. "That forest will be used for your final, combined exam. Each lessons will have their own exam, and the very last exam will take place in the Majestic Forest, which you see right there."

"Is it safe?" Chanyeol asked. He didn't hide his scared and concerned look as he stared at the forest.

"Of course! However, it is forbidden for any of you to enter beyond the forest unless we give you permission, which will only be possible in the exam day," Professor Song explained, disappointing Sumin a little.

Sumin glanced at the metal gate which was locked, scowling. She wanted to enter the forest, but unfortunately, she had to wait. Though, it was possible that she would try to enter the forest soon enough.

"Now," Professor Song said, looking down at her clipboard as she held a quill in her other hand, "I will each call you one by one. I have been notified by Professor Rolfe of what happened with Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun, and Yoon Jeanne, therefore I will see their abilities in our next lesson. Park Chanyeol, please come up."

Chanyeol walked forward next to Professor Song with a happy grin. His palms faced upward and in a flash, each of his palms had a ball of fire crackling on top. Chanyeol pursed his lips, then the balls of fire grew bigger and bigger.

Professor Song nodded before she scribbled down on her clipboard. Then, she looked up at Chanyeol. "Throw it."

That question took Chanyeol off guard. "What?"

"Throw it," Professor Song said, repeating her previous words.

Chanyeol looked reluctant and hesitant, but in the end he threw it to the right as far as he could. The fire arrived on top of the grass, burning the grass for a few seconds before it started to die down. Once it died down, the spot which Chanyeol just had burned soon had grasses growing out from the soil, returning back to its previous state.

"How ㅡ " Tao said instinctively, who stood next to Sumin.

"The grass grew back again because our Land is alive," Professor Song said calmly, as though she just replied what today's weather was. "Our Land is the sole purpose of how all of you become Magives. However, it will be explained more in History for you to learn."

Sumin quirked her eyebrow up with interest. She had never read that bit of information before, so her curiosity perked up. That would explain how the grass field at the back of the Palace were always filled with grasses even thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter