chapter XX

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
20 SUHO  

"Kim Junmyeon," Professor Song said slowly yet sternly, "did you already open your Second Energy Core?"

Suho stood there in surprise as soon as he heard that question out from Professor Song.

How did she know about that? He never told anyone else beside his mother that he had opened his Second Energy Core instead of his main one. Was it that obvious, that his Charm Speak was a Second Energy Core's ability?

Of course he knew he had opened his Second Energy Core. He could feel it, anyway. The moment it opened, he felt it trailing right inside his body.

Suho could remember the agonizing feeling he had to feel as he fell deeper, deeper, and deeper. He hadn't even known that anyone would notice him and save him. He could feel the burning pain inside his chest, his eyes stung a little as he reached out his hand.

He remembered how he desperately flail his limbs, trying to pull himself out from this place; but to no avail. 

He was scared. Terrified. He didn't want it.

"Kim Junmyeon?"

Suho broke down his train of thoughts, and noticed the stares from his Classmates and Professor Song. He looked at Sumin, and he noticed both curiosity and the obvious worry looming over her eyes.

"Is it true, then?" Professor Song asked once more slowly and carefully.

Suho stared at their Professor this time, feeling his palms getting clammier as each seconds passed. He gulped instinctively before he finally uttered his curiosity, "How did you know?"

"Of course I know. Do you think all Magives that are or were alive have different abilities?" Professor Song said, lowering her clipboard. "Some Magives made books about all the abilities that they had known; including abilities from the First Energy Core, to the second one. All of them have made conclusions and theories that Second Energy Cores are usually weaker than your First Energy Core, in terms of battles, as you can see from your Charm Speak ability.

"Charm Speak has been recorded to be an ability from a Second Energy Core in the books and that was how I noticed it," Professor Song explained, staring at him as if he was something special.

He didn't quite like that kind of stare. Suho always got it back at home, and it always pressured him. He came here to train and escape, not to get that kind of gaze too.

"And so? What is so special about it?" Suho asked, frowning slightly in annoyance.

Professor Song seemed to find his annoyance amusing, as she smirked slightly. "Well, everyone will eventually open their Second Energy Cores, but opening a Second Energy Core this quick and not in Silverio Academy is quite an admired thing. Though, as I see you showed your second ability, can I take a guess that your first ability is not developed that much?"

Suho almost flinched in surprise at her words. She hit all the bullets correctly, and he didn't like it. 

"You are the fourth Magive to have opened your Second Energy Core before studying in Silverio Academy," Professor Song said with slight respect in her tone. "What happened that made you open your Second Energy Core?"

Suho stared down at Professor Song, scowling at her. He didn't care what his mother said to take care of his image; that . This woman was getting on his nerves and he was going to go away from her before he really exploded.

A sound of bell signaling it was time to change periods saved Suho from really running away, which immensely relieved him.

The next period was lunch time, and Suho didn't have the mood to eat. He needed to search the book that Professor Song mentioned and found out more about other abilities. Maybe, just maybe, he could find something that would be helpful for him.

As the rest of the Magives headed to the Halloust to eat, Suho sneakily passed the doors and walked to the library. He went upstairs based on his memories, until he heard footsteps behind him.

Panic started to bubble inside him; what if it was a teacher, and that teacher found out he skipped lunch?

"Where are you going?"

Suho turned around at that familiar voice, and Sumin stood under the stairs. She stared at him with nothing obvious from her face, yet he noticed the curiosity in her eyes.

This reminded him of their second encounter at Serra Alley. Her coming to him with those curious, big eyes.

"Suho?" Sumin asked once more, crossing her arms under her chest.

"Ah, I'm going to the library," Suho answered.

Sumin kept staring at him, as if she was hesitating her options. Suho's left hand twitched, as he tried his best to hold their eye contact. She seemed so beautiful when the sunlight washed over her face, showing her distinct brown eyes.

Suho was not ashamed to think that she was indeed beautiful. Not only that, he was also attracted by her strong demeanour and her big desire to search for her answers. It strangely made him remember when they encountered for the first time at Serra Alley, where he had to erase her memories in a frightened feeling that she had the possibility of knowing his little crime scenes somewhere else.

"Have we met before?" Sumin asked, barely containing her curiosity.

"Do you want to search about what Professor Song told you?" the current Sumin asked, snapping his little thoughts.

"Yes," Suho answered, albeit a little stiff, "I need to know more about other abilities, which may help me to control my first ability."

Sumin hummed in response, as the corners of her lips quirked upward slightly. "I want to know more about Second Energy Core too. Do you mind telling me about it?"

Suho's shoulders sagged slightly in response as Sumin walked upstairs to join him. "I can't really explain it, as you know that I opened my Second Energy Core earlier than what it should be. But you will definitely feel it when your Second Energy Core has been opened. It feels like ㅡ like something has been snapped open inside your chest."

Suho looked up to the small wooden boards hanging above the doors in the corridors: Class 3-A. "Though, you will know more about it when you receive a dream about it. The dream will be very vivid and you will definitely remember it even after you wake up."

"What was your dream about, then?" Sumin asked. Their fingers brushed ever so slightly, and Suho felt goosebumps crawling over his skin.

Suho remembered his dream vividly, of course. It happened one month after that unfortunate incident. One month of him always feeling breathless whenever he set his gaze on the calm, flowing stream; or even worse, whenever he saw a bathtub, that he had to ask for his mother to change it.

His chest heaved quicker than before, although it was very slightly. He could feel the cold sensation on his back, and he balled his fists instinctively. No, he should control himself. He severely hoped that she didn't notice his small change.

"In my dream, I was walking at the Serra Alley," Suho replied, after finally his normal breath returned. "The Alley was very deserted. I thought no one was there except for me. That was, until I saw someone standing there.

"He had a very beautiful glasses, which was tucked in his pocket. At that time, I had this need to take his glasses," Suho said as he glanced upward; Class 5-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter