chapter XVII

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
17 THE CEREMONY  

After parting ways with Suho, Sumin decided to search for Kyungsoo. She felt guilty for leaving him and probably made him worried to death, but she didn't regret chasing Suho. It was one of the best choices she ever made in her life.

Once they found each other though, it was pretty obvious Kyungsoo was half-angry and half-worried.

"I left you and you were gone again?" Kyungsoo grunted.

"Sorry," Sumin said purely out from her heart.

Kyungsoo sighed as he put his palm over his eyes, his chest heaving for breath. Once he dropped his hand from his face, he stared at her with his big eyes right to her eyes. "Don't ever do that again, please. You have scared me twice already."

"Sorry," Sumin repeated, pursing her lips.

Kyungsoo sighed once again and they stood silently there at the side, beside the crowd of people in the Alley. However, Kyungsoo surprised her again when he gave his hand with a somehow flustered face and stiffened shoulders.

Sumin didn't waste any seconds. She immediately held his hand as they walked back to Silverio hand-to-hand. Sumin almost couldn't contain the smile that was trying to grow out in her face.

Though, she couldn't help herself but let her mind wander back to Suho. He was, after all, rather charming in his own way. His ability might have also played a part in his charm, but that successfully made her eager to see him. She wanted to see more of his ability to manipulate people to do as he said and that was a really terrifying ability.

As Sumin's anticipation grew, days started to pass quickly.

Without her realization, it was already September 1st. The first day in Silverio Academy.

The ceremony for the new students would start on night, as they should wait for the rest of the Quaris Magives who didn't stay at the dorm to arrive. The ceremony would definitely have The Oracle to play an important part in it. Sumin still desperately wished she would be part of Reomir.

"I can't wait!" Chanyeol said, expressing his happiness on their breakfast at The Halloust.

"I wonder which Class will I get," Baekhyun said, sitting beside Chanyeol. He glanced at Sumin but quickly looked down to his food in a second.

"I hope we'll all get in one Class," Chanyeol said, pouting at the fact they had the chance to get separated.

Sumin glanced at Luhan, whom already stared at her. They shared a knowing look before returning to their own respective meals. Sumin knew they both had the same idea; it would be better for the five of them not to be in the same Class. If they were in one Class, they would get lesser Magives to be in their side in the upcoming battle. That would be a quite disadvantage.

However, Sumin didn't forget about The Oracle. Professor Song told them that the Classes would be divided based on what The Oracle would say, and The Oracle determined based on their own fates. That would probably be quite a twist later this night.

"I hope we're going to be in one Class," Jeanne said, nudging Sumin's arm lightly.

Sumin wanted to glare at Jeanne to just stop acting as if they were close, but she was too lazy to do it. She just had a feeling that Jeanne was a very persistent person, so a glare would definitely be insufficient. Her only hope landed on The Oracle not to put them together or else Sumin would lose her mind.

She peeked at Kai, whom was sitting across her. As expected, Kai noticed her gaze and looked back. Sumin's heart lurched when their eyes met secretly and she quickly returned her attention to her porridge.

In the deepest of her heart though, she secretly wished she would be in one Class with Kai, Kyungsoo, Luhan and probably Suho. Suho was still a mystery to her and she knew having a Magive with Charm Speak as his ability would be very advantageous to their side.

Well, she could only hope that this night would go well.

 

 

Finally, the awaited night came.

Sumin brushed her hands over her silver blazer as she looked at her own reflection in the mirror. Her long, black hair was tied back into a tight ponytail. Because it was not that cold, she decided to wear the white collared shirt with short sleeves.

On the silver blazer, she noticed a small badge on her left . The badge was golden and shield-shaped, with a grey triangle in it. The triangle was divided into three parts ㅡ Suldon, Hawthorn, and Reomir.

At the top of the triangle would obviously be Suldon, and a white cape to present the Class. At the bottom left would be for Hawthorn, with its symbol: a sword with a blue hilt. The bottom right was for Reomir, with its symbol: a yellow crown with a small green diamond on the middle.

Sumin stared at the Reomir part through the mirror, ignoring the excited thumping of her heart. It probably sounded rather dramatic, but she just felt that she belonged in Reomir. It was maybe just a mere biased, opinion; but Sumin just felt like it.

"Sumin!"

However, her excitement was ruined shortly when Jeanne came along and stood beside her. Jeanne examined herself on the mirror, smiling in satisfaction when she found nothing odd from her appearance. "I'm so excited! I think my heart will burst out!"

"Hmm," Sumin hummed lazily, before she turned around and walked out from the dorm. Jeanne groaned a little, but soon followed Sumin out to the Common Room.

Hawthorn's Common Room was filled with lots of Magives that it surprised Sumin a little. She would study and train with all these Magives soon; perhaps, she would even successfully allure them to Otrera's side for the Second Battle.

Instinctively, Sumin checked her dagger belt around her hip, and sighed in relief when she already had it around. The thought that her dagger was safely latched in the hilt was good enough to calm her small anxiety down.

"Sumin."

Sumin turned her focus on the owner of the voice, and found it was from Luhan. Luhan definitely didn't let her expectations down; his appearance with the school uniform was absolutely beautiful. How was he able to fit with all outfits ㅡ be it ugly or good ㅡ and still be dashingly beautiful?

"Luhan! You look nice!" Jeanne said, leaning her head out behind Sumin.

Luhan immediately frowned, his posture turned a little stiff. He turned his gaze to Sumin, his expression was obvious enough that he didn't like Jeanne was around. "Why is she here?"

In response, Sumin shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey, I'm right here, you know?" Jeanne said, crossing her arms and pouted.

Before Sumin could roll her eyes, she noticed five figures coming over to their place, and her eyes couldn't help but widen.

Chanyeol, Kai, and Chen overall looked nice with their respective uniforms. It wasn't surprising though ㅡ after all, they were all handsome and good-looking from the start. However, Baekhyun, who stood rather awkwardly beside Chanyeol, definitely stood out. Despite the same style of their outfits, Sumin could see the clear Quaris image from Baekhyun.

Was it just her or was he radiating a little?

Sumin looked over at Kyungsoo, and found how stiff he was. His fingers were clasped, and just couldn't stop moving. He didn't look back at her, yet he looked around the room and then returned to look down at his hands ㅡ before repeating the process.

Kyungsoo was good-looking in his own way, though. While the rest of the guys were handsome and beautiful from the start ㅡ which sometimes could be overwhelming ㅡ Kyungsoo wasn't apart of that. He was handsome indeed ㅡ kind of adorable ㅡ but Sumin wasn't overwhelmed. His visual was fresh to lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter