(NEW!) chapter XXVII

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
27 CULTURATION  

It was finally the last lesson of the day, Culturation.

Truthfully, all Sumin wanted at the moment was to have all of these finished so she could start to plot again about where to start her plan. All she hoped was that she could start to examine without anyone noticing her acting conspicuous or suspicious.

The moment they entered their classroom for Culturation, there were lots of posters plastered around the walls. The posters were vary: there were some about the Kingdoms' traditional and ancient outfits, pictures of different meals, and many more to show them the difference of the cultures between the three Kingdoms.

There was a man standing in front of them, and he seemed as though his age wasn't that far away from them. His skin was almost pale, and seemed to be very soft without any flaws. His seemingly smooth black hair was tied into a low, short ponytail at the back. He was rather tall, but not as tall as Yifan and Chanyeol. The way he shot them a gentle smile showed Sumin enough that he wasn't an odd person, so far.

"Welcome to Culturation, Reomirs. This is our first time meeting each other, right?" the man asked, shooting them a cute smile. "My name is Zhao Mengyao and you may call me Professor Zhao. I will be teaching you various cultures that you must know and respect between our beloved three Kingdoms. After all, you will visit the Kingdoms one by one along the years."

"We will?" Jeanne said, evidently surprised.

"Yes," Professor Zhao said, his black bangs swaying a little from the light breeze entering the opened window beside him. "I expect Headmistress Fenming will be explaining it further in the Halloust around....maybe next month?"

Upon hearing this information, most of the Reomirs immediately started to chatter around. Sumin herself felt rather taken aback by this, but the anticipation in her started to grow as well. It had always been her small dream to visit the other Kingdoms so she could explore with her own eyes, but she also knew the harsh reality that she would never have the enough amount of fortune to let her do it. But then, she was finally given the chance to fulfill one of her dreams that Sumin had always tried to bury down.

Fate was really something, indeed. After all, who would also expect for a street rat to be invited to the Palace by the Queen herself and then received an important task?

About the task, Sumin of course didn't forget it. Just because she had attractions to some of the Magives around her didn't sway her from the task she had to do. She knew she wanted to practice with Suho so she could gather more informations about him and also, having him close as an ally.

She already had a steady relationship with Kyungsoo to consider him as an ally for the upcoming battle. She had a great feeling that he would want to stand along with her if she asked her to, even though maybe he would be taken aback at first, as what a normal person would do.

After getting Suho right under her own palm and finally knowing that he wouldn't get away, who would be her next target? Sumin looked around the classroom as discreet as she could, then her gaze landed on Oh Sehun who seemed to be in his own thoughts. Yes, he could be the next one for her to get close with. His ability was quite powerful already, and his combat skills were good enough.

However, her thoughts were broken off once more by Professor Zhao's claps. "Everyone, I would want all of you to be quiet so I can continue my lesson."

After a few seconds, they finally became quiet and another smile bloomed over in Professor Zhao's handsome face. "Great! As this is our first meeting, I wouldn't really get too deep. We can't have all of you dozing off in here, can we?"

Some of them chuckled along with his small joke, while Sumin didn't find his humour to be funny at all.

"Okay then! Well, to start off our lesson, can you tell me why there are fewer female Magives?"

In reflex, all of them started to look around. It was true though: They only had three female Magives in their Class. Why, though? Sumin had never considered to read further when it came to cultures as she knew that would only give herself false hope at the fact that she wouldn't even be able to visit the other Kingdoms. She definitely should start to read right after this before she embarrassed herself.

"Is it because our Land favours men more?" Jeanne huffed.

"Why are you saying it as if men are something hideous?" Baekhyun said, rolling his eyes.

Jeanne only sent a glare at Baekhyun in return.

Professor Zhao laughed lightly in amusement, and the way he laughed was similar to a melodious, soft tune in Sumin's ears. "Your answer was similar to the theories that our ancestors and the people back then thought about too. It was normal to think that immediately, after all. However, an advanced and professional Terrakinesis Magive decided to talk to the Soul of our Land to know why she decided to do that."

In response to that, Kyungsoo's eyes widened slightly. "We could do that?" Kyungsoo asked without raising his hand, which was out of his nature at all. He was usually polite and always raised his hand before he let out his question before.

Fortunately for him, Professor Zhao seemed to notice Kyungsoo's sudden interest with the topic and dismissed it. "Yes, it seems so. I'm personally not a Terrakinesis Magive so I can't prove it to you, but by all the histories and from the Old Age scrolls, I can confirm to you that it has been done by a few professional Terrakinesis Magives."

The corners of Kyungsoo's lips quirked upward and he immediately grabbed his ballpoint to write down on his note. After writing furiously, he raised his hand this time. "How did they talk to the Soul of our Land? All this time I thought Terrakinesis Magives can only feel the mood of the Soul beneath our feet, not talking to them."

"That, I do not know, unfortunately," Professor Zhao said with a hint of apologetic tone. Noticing Kyungsoo's growing sullen look, the older man decided to cheer him up. "Ah, but maybe you can try to ask Professor Song Miyeon or Professor Jessica Hilda for that. They might know more than me."

Upon hearing that, Kyungsoo nodded and the burning fire once again appeared in his eyes as he wrote down again.

"Where was I? Oh!" Professor Zha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter