chapter XXIV

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
24 BOTANY  

Right after dinner, Sumin immediately pulled Chanyeol away from the Common Room to an empty classroom. Chanyeol brightened up as soon as they were both together inside the room, and the moment she closed the door, he cupped both her cheeks and pressed a short kiss on her lips.

It was a good thing that Chanyeol's kiss was short, or else she might not remember why she dragged him in.

"Chanyeol," Sumin muttered his name softly, glancing at his lips before quickly looking back at his eyes, "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Chanyeol asked, a fond smile appeared in his face.

Sumin held his hand which was still holding her cheek. "I like you, too."

Chanyeol's eyes brightened up and he leaned forward to kiss her again, but she quickly covered his mouth with both his hands. He whined in protest, but Sumin had to continue; she had to.

"But I also like Kai too," Sumin uttered her confession carefully, searching for any emotions in his eyes.

There was silence, until Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. "I don't mind sharing you with him, I mean, I like Kai too."

Knowing the other definition of his sentence, Chanyeol gasped and shook his head repeatedly like a puppy. "That is not what I meant!"

"I know." Sumin chuckled, then she grew unsure as she held both his hands. "Are you sure you are really okay with it? I ㅡ I kind of like Kyungsoo too, and perhaps Junmyeon, and ㅡ "

This time, Chanyeol silenced her by giving another brief kiss, which he deepened for a moment before leaning away. "I'm fine, Sumin, really! The fact that you like me already is already a good news to me. Beside, grandma has a Magive friend that has five husbands."

"Five?" Sumin's mouth was agape in surprise at this information, which brought a chuckle from Chanyeol.

"Yes! I can see the love they have strongly for each other, and at that moment I realize that I don't care if my lover has another lover. As long as she has feelings for me, and as long as I am good friends with the others, I'm down with it," Chanyeol said, grinning broadly.

As if she was showered by flowers, Sumin immediately smiled and squeezed his hands. "Thank you."

"It's okay," Chanyeol said, then suddenly his smile was replaced with a sudden terror look. "Luhan."

Sumin winced slightly again. "Yeah, Luhan."

"Do you think he'll be okay with this? He's scary," Chanyeol muttered, rubbing his neck, as though he still could feel the sudden invisible force choking him when they were at the carriage.

"Probably not, but we'll manage," was all Sumin could say, although she didn't think Luhan would take this in easily.

 

 

"What the ?"

Sumin winced again for the third time as they sat down in front of the fireplace, with only a few Magives around the Common Room. Yifan was sitting at another chair with a book propped open on the table in front of him, Xu Lifen was standing in front of the shelf of books, and Yixing was somehow watering the potted plants on the windows.

Luhan and Sumin were sitting by the sofa, and it was safe to say that Luhan was completely enraged. She swore she could see a vein in his temple. Luhan breathed out a deep sigh as he closed his eyes, and Sumin had a feeling he was counting to calm himself down in his mind.

"You're telling me that you 'like' both Kai and Chanyeol," Luhan said after opening his eyes.

"Yes."

"Also, you have attraction to Kim Junmyeon, Do Kyungsoo, and possibly Kim-ing-Jongdae."

"Yes."

Luhan sighed once again, slumping his back on the back of the sofa. "I thought you are better than this, Sumin. I surely do. Seriously, Kai? Chanyeol? Even Chen?"

Sumin shrugged her shoulders, albeit she could feel her cheeks flushing slightly at Luhan's remark.

"Honestly," Luhan said, straightening up his posture, "I know I shouldn't be in any of your damn businesses, and we both know that. But let me ask you a question: Are you okay with this? Are you sure your feelings are strong enough? Because I have a strong feeling Kai and Chanyeol, mostly Kai, already have it deep with you."

Sumin glanced over at the burning fireplace, which reminded her of a certain someone with a beautiful smile. She smiled in response and clasped her hands on her lap. "Yeah, I'm sure."

Luhan's shoulders sagged in relief, and he smiled either. "Good. But you shouldn't get distracted from your task, Sumin."

"Of course I won't and you know it," Sumin replied in a firm tone, which seemed to be a good enough answer to Luhan.

Sumin changed her attention from the fireplace to her best friend, and her breath hitched. Even with the dimly Common Room and the small light from the fire, he was still so enchantingly beautiful. She didn't know if she felt peeved or amazed that she didn't seem to find any flaws in his appearance.

Which reminded her of something important: "Hey, Luhan. Baekhyun told me he can see lights around people and it can tell him whether they are in the dark side or not. But when he sees grey light, that means they have the potential to go to grey light.

"Then he told me that, he saw grey around Chanyeol," Sumin said, founding that uttering those words seemed to feel a little awkward.

Surprisingly, Luhan snorted at the idea. "Chanyeol? Him? I doubt he even wants to learn the dark arts or something like that. He's just not that type of person. I bet Baekhyun was just messing with you. Don't take it too much in your mind."

Sumin nodded in relief at Luhan's answer. Yes, Chanyeol wouldn't even ever have any potentials to go the dark side, right? After all, he was just so pure and innocent.

"Oh, are we having a fun discussion now?"

Chen walked from the doors to the sofa, grinning that cat-like smile that Sumin had already gotten used to see. Sumin crossed her arms over her chest, narrowing her eyes slightly at him and spoke, "Where have you been?"

"Somewhere," Chen said lightly, shrugging his shoulders. Just after answering, Chen walked to his dormitory, leaving both Luhan and Sumin.

"Now that he's out of the picture, I would like to sleep because we're having lessons again tomorrow," Luhan said, standing up from the sofa. He walked to Sumin then surprised her by ruffling her black hair, which of course earned complaints from Sumin.

In return, Luhan sent her a mischievous smirk before he went to the dormitory.

Sumin rolled her eyes as she fixed her hair, then she felt as though someone was staring at her. She turned instinctively and found Xu Lifen was watching her, before the latter yelped quietly and quickly turned around to look back at the shelf.

Sumin didn't let that affect her though; she walked into her dorm to prepare the books she needed for tomorrow's lessons, ignore Jeanne's one-sided chatters, and then go to sleep.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter