Chap 12. You're Not Nervous Are You

Reputation [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked into the small classroom, quickly moving the tables to set up for the council meeting. Letting out a huff, you sit down on the head chair at the bottom of the U shape and in walks Irene, “I could’ve helped you set up.” You laugh, watching her drop her bag next to you before she takes the seat on your right side.

You watch members start to enter, both of you standing up and greeting them until the class is full. Irene goes to your laptop, the device already being connected to the projector, “Alright, we have around two months left until the festival at the end of the term and through the years we’ve made it better each year so this year isn’t gonna be any different.” You start giving out assignments while explaining to them what they were expected to do, “Irene and I will get to talking to the heads of activities to see what they’re gonna plan for the festival but remember we’re gonna need you to get on work straight away since we still have to make the floats and banners and you know… everything basically.” The members laugh, nodding along and writing down notes.

You look at Irene, the girl pressing the arrow button making the slide move forward. You start explaining what you were imagining, the members looking at the diagrams drawn and making sure to take notes of what they were expected to do, “Alright, any questions?”

Jihyo raises her hand making you laugh and nod at her, “When do you think we’ll start working on the floats and banners and should we get the art department to help?” “Well I’ll sort out the materials first and I’ll need you to talk to the art department to see if they’re willing to help, if that doesn’t work out then we’re gonna have more work on our plate but we can’t really do much if they refuse to cooperate.”

The girl nods, writing down another note before you look around, “Any other questions?” “Who’s gonna organize the food?” “I was thinking of getting local restaurants to come in, so I’ll give you some of the restaurants numbers and all you have to do is get the details and see if they’re willing to cater.” Baekhyun nods after understanding, “Anyone else?” You’re met with all of them shaking their heads, a small smile growing on your face, “Alright if you guys have any other questions you can message me or Irene but other than that, meeting adjourned I guess.”

Everyone gets up, some of them talking amongst themselves as they pack up and start to leave. After everyone leaves you sit yourself next to Irene, your head on her shoulder while the both of you sit in silence, “So how’s life been grandma?” Irene scoffs, a smile on her face, “Pretty good, finished the Bio project and well… yea.” “When did you finish the project? Weren’t you and Seulgi planning to do some sculpture thingy?” “Yea we met up on the weekend.”

At the new information you shoot up, a smile splitting your face, “OH  REALLYYYY?” Irene gives you a weird look before she continues to speak, “Yea, I went to her house and we made the sculpture and stuff.” “HOW WAS IT?” “It was good… are you ok?” “OH I’M GREAT!” Irene gets up, still looking at you weirdly, the bell ringing signifying the end of lunch, “Get up weirdo, time for next lesson.” You sigh but get up, both of you walking to your separate lessons.

.

.

.

Time passes and the final bell rings signifying the end of school. You get your stuff, quickly moving to leave the building as you run to the field knowing that a certain girl would be there. You take a breath of fresh air as you reach outside, your footsteps fast and you stop once you see their group. Slowly walking towards the table.

You let out a small cough, catching the attention of everyone, “Can I uhh… talk to Seulgi for a second?” They look towards the girl in question, seeing her with wide eyes before she nods and gets up, walking towards you.

You both walk slightly away, the group of friends keeping their eyes on you before they turn back, “So what did you wanna talk about?” “Welllll I heard a certain someone went over to your house on the weekend?” At the mention of the even a blush rises on Seulgi’s face, the girl looking down, “Uh yea… she just came over and we made the sculpture and we were just chilling…” “ANDDDD?”

Seulgi looks at your excited face, a smile growing on her face, “Well… I asked if she wanted to hang out another time and she said yes…” You start jumping around screaming, “ YEA!” Seulgi laughs, her eyes turning into crescents as she watches you before it turns into shock as she feels you pull her into a tight hug, “I’m so happy for you guys, you better treat her right…” Seulgi’s arms go around your neck as she squeezes back, “I promise…”

You pull back, your smile still on your face, “I should head home now but I really am happy for you.” She smiles back to you before nodding, “Don’t worry.” You laugh before walking away, waving to her and the group looking at you, turning around as you head to the gates.

.

.

.

You sat on your desk, going over the material you learned like usual before a ding from your phone dragged your attention away. You picked it up, staring at the message from the unknown number. Picking it up, you unlocked your phone and went to the chat, curious about who it was.

???: Hey, I was hoping we could meet up somewhere???

???: I just wanted to talk to you about something on my mind

Uhhh, who is this?? : Y/N

???: Oh sorry lol, it’s joy :)

OH HEY lmao : Y/N

But yea sure I’m fine with meeting but is everything good??? : Y/N

Joy: Yea I just wanted to get to know you more

Joy: …and well a few other things ;)

That sounds pretty sus : Y/N

Joy: I don’t bite… unless you want me to ;)))

HAHAHA OK CALM DOWN HOT STUFF : Y/N

Where you wanna meet?? : Y/N

 

Joy sends you a location, some place near the popular area of the city where the night life was.

Alright what time?? : Y/N

Joy: How about 8??

Ok but I can’t stay for long since it’s a school night : Y/N

Joy: Awww baby can’t stay out late

CHOKE : Y/N

You laugh, putting your phone back to where it was before going back to studying.

.

.

.

Closing your books, you look at the time, realizing it was already six. Moving to get up, you take a quick shower before getting ready. You grab a basic white tshirt, quickly putting it on before you grab some baggy suit pants, the tan brown colour accentuating your skin. You wore some chunky white shoes before grabbing a belt and tied it around your waist.

Looking at yourself in the mirror, you make sure everything looks good before grabbing your perfume and spraying some on, finishing up the look with some light makeup. You look at the time and realize it was 7:30. Moving downstairs, you try to see if your parents were home but let out a sigh once you see an empty house once again. Calling an uber, you plug your airpods in for the ride, reaching the destination in a flash.

You thank the driver before leaving the car, looking around the street of shops after shops after shops. You finally see one with the name you were looking for, starting to move towards the neon sign as you pass people, your eyes moving from person to person as you watch the way they wore dripped in designer clothes, woman wearing stilettos as high as their IQ.

You felt a bit uncomfortable, a place like this not really being your scene. The area roaming with insecure yet judgmental airheads hiding behind their parent’s money to seem superior. It honestly made you sick when you saw people with that sort of mentality and while you didn’t blow your guts out on the street you couldn’t help the unconscious roll of your eyes when you caught a privileged preteen giving you the stink eye.

Walking straight into the small estate, your eyes stray around immediately realizing it was a bar. You stare at the groups of people spread around, ages ranging from people who were thirty, who probably came here after work, to kids your age or slightly younger trying to look cool by drinking the hard liquor stored behind the small counter.

You catch the tall girl sitting at the bar, wearing some black high waisted shorts and a black lace top, long black hair flowing down her back as she leans on the counter, hand in her palm. You make your way towards her, taking the empty seat right next to her, “When you asked to hang out I didn’t imagine a place like this?” You see her face go to surprise for a second before a smirk draws on her lips, her finger went over the side of her bottom lip before she spoke, “You’re not nervous are you?” You mirror her, leaning more towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter