Chap 4. Morning Breath

Reputation [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sighed, leaning back on your desk chair as you rest your eyes for a second. Studying for hours had given you a small headache so you finally decided to stop, moving downstairs to the kitchen to quickly whip yourself some dinner.

After making yourself a sandwich, you realized you hadn’t heard from Jennie since after school, guessing she had fallen asleep since she probably hadn’t slept last night properly. You sigh, knowing her parents were probably still late out and she hadn’t eaten anything.

It had always been like this, while you grew up more quickly, Jennie had decided to move towards rebelling to try and get attention from her parents. You still remember the time you came back from middle school and checked up on her since she was supposedly sick only to find her crying in her room alone.

That memory was burned into your brain and you had promised yourself you were going to be there for her no matter what. It got more complicated as you grew, she had her own group of friends both in and outside school while you had your own group of friends as well. Nobody knew you two knew each other and neither of you really made an effort to change that, maybe it cause it would draw more attention to both of you, it would start rumors which neither of you were bothered to deal with.

Even though it was just high school, since the both of you had your own reputations already, neither of you wanted to clash? It was an unspoken rule almost, but you still did your best to take care of her behind the scenes.

Which is why here you were making a second sandwich for the girl on the other side of your window.

Quickly finishing up, you move back to your room both plates in hands. Placing the plates on your desk, you quickly open up your window and knock on hers, not seeing any movement from her side. You sigh before leaning over your window, careful not to fall. Sticking your fingers underneath, you realize she hadn’t locked the windows, smirking before using all your force to lift it up. It quickly gets loose and you lift it up with ease. Opening it up fully, before grabbing the plates and moving into her room. Carefully putting the plates onto her own desk, quietly moving to her side and shaking her awake.

“Yah… …” She shifts slightly, shoving her face into the pillow even further, “Jennie… Jen.” You give up, shaking her uncontrollably until she finally opens her eyes, “What?!” You sigh, realising she wasn’t in the mood…

“There’s a sandwich on your desk, go wash your face, eat it and make sure you do your homework, then go to sleep. You know where I am if you need help.”

With that, you left her, moving back into your room, not forgetting your own sandwich, your plan to eat with her being changed due to her obvious irritation. You sighed after closing your windows, moving to your bed with your laptop, pulling up the anime you were currently watching while making yourself comfy before digging in.

You got a snap from Rose, interest piquing. Opening it up to see a video of her eating, the caption reading, “Make sure you eat hoe” You laughed, turning the camera to yourself before showing her the plate of food and smiling at the end of the short video, quickly sending it to her.

You smile at the thought of Rose making sure you ate, a warm feeling in your chest. Meanwhile Jennie could see you smiling by yourself on your bed typing away on your phone, she had a pout on her face, knowing she had missed her chance to eat with you when she saw you take your plate off her desk… or had she?

Quickly running to the bathroom, she washed her face, running back to her window and pushing it up before knocking on yours, you met her with a confused face, seeing her dressed in a baggy tshirt and shorts, “You ok?” “Eat with me.” A small smile formed on your face before a little chuckle left your mouth, taking the plate in her hand and placing it on your desk before helping her into your room, holding her arms and slowly guiding her inside.

“I still don’t know how you do it so easily.” “Practice makes perfect Kim.” “Who said anything about being perfect L/N?” You laughed before getting comfy in your bed once again, Jennie quickly joining right next to you while you set up your computer, “Any suggestions?” She tells you the name of some movie you never heard before.

You quickly set up the movie before leaning back on the headrest, Jennie’s head resting against your shoulder while it starts to play.

.

.

.

By the time the movie finishes, you two had finished eating and Jennie was sleeping against you, your arm had ended up wrapped around her midway through movie and at this point you barely remembered what had happened.

A smile grows on your face when you look at her sleeping face, seeing her slightly pursed lips and chubby cheeks, “You really haven’t changed have you…” You slowly moved her off you, laying her down slowly to make sure she didn’t wake up.

You moved the plates to your desk, before going back to the bed to tuck her in. You open up your window and quickly get into Jennie’s room, writing down a note tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter