Chap 11. A Day With Tae

Reputation [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae woke up, a smile already on his face while he stretched, shaking his arms around before hopping outta bed. Brushing his teeth he moved around the colourful bathroom, the blue tiles perfectly contrasted by the pale yellow foot rug that matched his pajamas.

Spitting out the leftover paste, he washed his face before wiping away the water. He looked at himself, a smile making its way onto his face before he winked at his reflection. Quickly getting ready for school, he moved downstairs, kissing his mom on the cheek before his sister.

He sat next to his sister, the girl dressed in her uniform while his mom wore her work clothes. He started eating come cereal, making funny faces causes his sister to let out cute childish giggles. His mother smiled while looking at them, munching on her toast before checking the time on her watch, “Ok kids hurry up we have to leave soon.”

They nodded, a race starting between the siblings on who could finish their breakfast first.

Pretty soon they all walked outside, the kids getting on their bikes while their mom got in the car heading for work, “Alright be safe please and get home on time. Taehyung take care of her.” “Got it mom, good luck at work!”

They watched as their mom drove away before setting off in the opposite direction, both siblings pedaling side by side while slightly talking on their way to school.

.

.

.

Stopping on the lower grade side of the school, tae helped lock his sister’s bike while he leaned his against a wall. Taking her inside, her tiny hand held in his huge palm as they walked through the corridors of the grade school, Tae stopping to greet the secretary and nudging his sister to do the same. A proud smile on his face as he watched the little girl smile and wave before a loud “Hi!” left her lips.

The woman behind the desk chuckled before waving back, giving the girl a smile before the pair of Kim’s walked away. They reached the little girl’s classroom, entering and bowing to the teacher before the girl runs off to her friends on one of the mini tables, the group of five year olds laughing together and hugging each other.

Taehyung smiled looking at her, her teacher doing the same before he checked the time on his phone, realizing he should probably head to his own class. Quickly bidding her teacher bye he walked out, not forgetting to wave at the secretary as he left.

He took his bike off the wall, walking to the highschool section that was right next door, a smile on his way as he looked at the trees that were spread around, flowers still not fully recovered after autumn. Quickly taking his camera out, he zoomed into a withering flower, taking a shot before looking at it. Smiling at how it came out before squatting down, “You’ll turn into a beautiful colourful flower soon little friend…”

He stood up, putting his camera back into his backpack before taking his bike to the stand and locking it. Pulling his backpack up, he walked into school, seeing all of his friends at the usual table. His smile only grew bigger before he fastened his steps, greeting everyone before he dropped his bag on the table, taking a seat before joining in on the conversation.

.

.

.

Taehyung’s eyes kept drifting to your dazed face, you barely spoke a word and he noticed the dark eye bags, internally sighing as he realized you were going back to your old habits of not sleeping. A pout unconsciously grew on his face before he looked back at the board, continuing to do work while worry grew in his heart.

Class passed by fast and he watched you from the corner of his eye as you packed your back while staring at the desk in front of you. His frown only became deeper while he continued to stuff his stuff inside the bag.

He finished zipping up, you doing the same, the both of you walking out of class as he swung his arm around your shoulders, pulling you close as the both of you exited the building, “Oi you good?” He knew you wouldn’t tell him right now cause that’s just how you were but he was also worried about you so he still took his chance. His hope only lasted less than a second before he saw your cute smile grace your face knowing you weren’t gonna tell him, “Awww Taetae are you worried about me?” Rolling his eyes to keep up with your joke, he dropped his arms from your shoulder, crossing his own arms while his pout deepened, “Don’t worry about me, I’m good.” He tried his hardest not to curse at you, hearing those familiar words that you said each time he was worried about you.

Time to take out the big guns…

Dramatically pulling up his pinky finger, his eyes stared into yours, filled with a passionate fire, “Pinky promise.” He watched you roll your eyes, knowing he wouldn’t get anything today, “Promise.” A sigh unconsciously leaves his lips as he feel your thumb connect with his, “We’re gonna be late Tae.” “Ok fine, but if there is anything, you better tell me.” He watched the way you faked dramatic hurt, forcing his smile not to come up, “ ofcourse.” Knowing he was defeated, he decided to drop it… also the fact that they really were gonna be late to class, “Fine. I love you .” “I love you toooo, now go before you’re late.” Feeling your hands push him towards the art block, a huff escaping his lips before he moves, looking back and watching you walk away.

Heading to his photography class, Tae walks to the second floor of the building, moving down the corridor before sitting in his class, everyone else joining in as well.

Class passed by quickly as Mr. Yesung gave out the new assignment they had, titled beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It was a classic phrase based off a person’s own perspective, whether you think beauty is in nature, where the flowers naturally bloom and colour the world in ways no one could think of or if it’s in money, the fresh stacks of paper along with the things it brings, things like food, clothes, houses, cars, luxurious items, anything a person could dream of... It was up to them to decide what the outcome would be.

Mr. Yesung continued to explain the assignment, most students writing down notes on their laptops to remember while Tae made bullet points in his tiny note book, multi-tasking by quickly drawing out a mind map of what his concept could be as well as how he could show it, would he take a series of photographs, maybe make a collage… he needed to do something different...

“Alright, now that I’ve explained what’s expected, you’ll have the next twenty minutes left in class to start creating drafts and a plan for the final product and I’ll quickly take a look in the final ten minutes.” With that, he claps his hands, a sign for the students to start working.

Soon enough murmurs are heard throughout class, students asking other students about ideas they had, what they could do, already stressing as they tried to come up with something original. Meanwhile Tae scribbled in his notebook, mouthing the words to the song playing on his phone as he created tiny doodles of what he could shoot, quickly making annotations as he came up with a full structure.

Moving away from the book, he saw the scribbles, small things drawn here and there as it blended into the writing. Giving out a huff, he raised his hand, catching the attention of his teacher, a small smile growing on the older man’s face as he walked towards the confused boy.

“You done Taehyung?” The boy in question shyly moved his notebook towards his teacher, scratching his head with his pencil as he waited for his teacher to go over everything, “Ok… I can see what you’re trying to do but give me more detail, what do you want your final product to be?” “Well, you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I want to show what I think is beautiful and I’m thinking of making it a video? I’ll add background music or something like that to help emphasize the video but I just wanna try showing the world through my eyes.  The people I know, the things I see, the way I think… I wanna explain it through the video… if that makes sense?”  

Tae shyly rubs his neck once again making his teacher give the kid a small smile before h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter