Chap 17. New and Old Friends

Reputation [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your group waited for them as they got snacks for themselves, Chaeyoung already stuffing with Cheetos as she leaned against the car, Yeri and Irene sititng on the hood of the car while you sat on the driver’s seat, door open as your phone blasted music through the AUX.

Hobi leaned against the door, the both of you in mindless conversation as Tae stood in front of the store’s door. He set his phone down, starting a recording as he moved back, catching all of your attention.

The six of you waved at the camera before it flopped to the ground, eyes trailing up as you see Jennie walk through the door, her face forming into shock as she stares at the ground, looking at the phone, “Man…” Tae runs over, picking up his phone as he dusts it’s off.

“Sorry but it shouldn’t have been there in the first place…” Taehyung just sighs, walking back towards the car and you can only stay silent as you pat him on the back.

Your group begins to get in Hoseok’s car, “You guys can follow us.” Sooyoung nods, watching you close the door while Jennie and the rest of them move to her car.

You look at them through the rear view mirror, waiting for her front lights to turn on before you started moving, knowing the trunk was already filled with what you needed for your surprise. You sped up, watching Sooyoung do the same as a smile made its way onto your face.

.

.

.

You roll up, going slightly off road before feeling the car go back to steady ground, everyone slightly confused as the try to look around but can’t see anything. You start to slow the car, seeing Sooyoung park perpendicular to you before getting out.

Everyone moving outside while they look around, only now realizing they were under the bridge, you move to the trunk, using your flashlight to find the things you needed.

Taking out some blankets and flashlights, you quickly set them up, and everyone awes as they stare at the flowing water of the canal, the city’s noises above them as they look up, seeing the lit up bridge as car’s honks filled the area.

“Are we-” “Found a way inside one night, thought I would bring you guys here.” You smile at them, setting up the flashlights around lighting up the area. Taking out the bags of food, you place them on the multiple blankets before smiling at them, “This is ing awesome.” You laugh at Lisa’s comment, moving to Hoseok’s car as you start it up, your music booming before you walk out, “Let’s party.”

They laugh, sitting down on the blankets, you found the situation odd, knowing Jennie had been so scared to ever let you and her world meet yet here you were, both your and her friends hanging out together and having fun.

You could’ve rolled your eyes at the irony but Chaeyoung caught your attention, seeing the girl slightly shiver, you nudge her shoulder grabbing her attention, “What’s up..?” “Just a little cold.” You wrap your arm around her, feeling her snug up into you making you smile.

The both of you continue to watch Irene and Yeri bicker, joining in sometimes, your hand unconsciously feeding Chaeyoung chips from time to time. 

From across the circle, Jennie watches you, thoughts running through her head and Lisa nudges her just like you did with Chae. “What?” “What’s with the face?” “I just… I don’t know it’s weird, I don’t want everyone finding out…” Lisa rolls her eyes, “Stop being so ing stupid. Jesus no one cares if you two are friends.”

“It’s not just about that? Like I’m Jennie Kim and she’s Y/N L/N...” “And I’m Lisa Manoban, and that’s Jimin Park and that’s Yoongi Min and that’s Seulgi Kang and that’s Sooyoung Park. Glad we know each other’s names.”

Jennie punched Lisa’s shoulders, “What? You’re so stuck up with your reputation that you don’t give a about anything else. Have you ever thought about what she thinks? Knowing that one of her oldest friends doesn’t want people to know they’re friends.” “She’s fine with it.”

“Is she? Or does she just say that she is because she knows how much your stupid reputation means to you. Grow up, high school isn’t forever, you’re not gonna know half of these people after this.”

Lisa gets up, leaving Jennie to ponder with new thoughts as the taller girl moves to your side, watching you greet her with a smile.

The three of you fall into conversation, watching as Lisa makes a joke, winking at Chaeyoung, the girl grumbling before glaring at Lisa. You laugh getting up, “I’ll leave you two love birds alone…”

Chaeyoung punches your leg, turning to wink at Lisa before walking away. Grabbing a can from the freezer box you brought along, Taehyung catching you attention as he pulls you away.

You laugh along with him as he pulls you to the sloped wall, “What is it Tae?” “Take a pic!” You take out your phone, “I have an idea.” You open up the disposable camera app, watching as he starts posing. Leaning back on the on wall, raising his chin up, staring into the camera. You let out a scream hyping him up, getting his smile as a result, the rest of the group hears your screams, turning to see you shooting photos of Tae, your group comes up, joining in the photo, all smiles as you laugh.

Chaeyoung notices Lisa watching, running to grab her arm, making the girl stand up and follow, “Come on.” “Thought you didn’t like me?” “You’re bearable. Don’t get a bigger head, it’s already too big for the rest of your body.”

Lisa smiles, joining the rest of your group as they all start making different poses, some of them kneeling, some of them raising their legs up. Sooyoung joins in too, dragging Seulgi, the girl quickly latching onto Jimin who drags Yoongi with him.

You laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter