Chap 7. You're Dead To Me

Reputation [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You spent Sunday in your room, mind going over what happened last night. Why were they following you, how did they know you were there, did they follow you from the arcade, did they see you and Rose, was it because of Rose…

Irene called out your name snapping you out from your thoughts, your head shooting up to meet her questioning eyes along with the rest of the council, eyes focusing on the planning board behind the tiny girl’s body before looking back at her concerned gaze.

She sighs, “Everyone we’ll continue this meeting later, Y/N and I will discuss and we’ll update you about everything in the next meeting in two weeks and we’ll finalize and start setting up for the festival.” With that, the rest of the members start to shuffle out the room, you still sitting on the head chair, staring onto the table in front of you while Irene smiled and thanked everyone for coming, reminding them to check on the group for the next meeting.

After everyone had left, she closed the door, dropping her smile as she walked towards you, stepping inside the U shape of the tables set up, stopping right in front of you, “What’s wrong?” You connected your eyes with hers, smile almost immediately popping up on your face when looking at your friend, “I’m sorry, I didn’t sleep last night so I’m tired.” She sighed and you didn’t completely lie, you did stay up that night and you were kinda drained from studying for so long during the morning but there was also the other side of your brain running with questions all centered around that one night.

A small pout formed on her lips while she looked at you causing you to let out a chuckle, you stood up from your seat, sitting on the table and spinning your legs forward before pulling her into a hug, “I’m telling you I’m just tired, thanks for having my back, I promise I’ll catch up with all the info for the festival and I’ll lead the meeting next time ok?” She sighed making you hold her tighter, “Trust me.” You pulled back, holding out your pinky, “I got this.” She connected your pinky with hers, about to pull away until you stopped, “Seal the deaaaaal.” She rolled her eyes but followed your command, connecting you thumbs as well, a childish smile on your face.

You two finally pull away, Irene grabbing notes and explaining everything that had happened ini the meeting and what she was thinking would be good for the festival, what catering they should, what groups would be a part of it, what the events would be, etc.

You two got to work, taking the spare rolling whiteboard in the corner of the room and bringing it to the front, creating a spider web of ideas, each category stemming to possible options as Irene repeated her notes to you.

A few minutes pass and she finally stops while you step away from the board, moving to stand next to her and stare the board, now covered in marker and filled with information. Taking out your phone, you snap a quick photo of the board, sending it to Irene after you finish.

“I’ll look over it tonight and I’ll send you my presentation, just text me ideas you want and I’ll add it in.” She smiled, giving you a quick nod as answer. The bell rang signifying the start of the second last lesson of the day. You sighed, pouting at Irene, “Can we like… skip?” She smacked your arm before grabbing her bag, heading to her class, “Get to class, don’t be late .” “Yes mom!” She glared at you before leaving you in the classroom by yourself and you drop the smile from your face.

Letting out a sigh as you push your hair back. You had avoided Jennie for most of the day but now it was chemistry and there was no where you could run. You groaned, deciding you were being childish and grab our backpack with a new found vigor. Heading to the science block before entering into your Chemistry class.

You sit in your normal seat, waiting for the class to start and it soon did, all the students sat down while your teacher stood at the front, welcoming the class before doing roll call. You prayed and prayed not to hear her voice after her name was called but low and behold, there she stood at the door, usual stoic face quickly changing to a sweet smile, “Sorry I’m late, I was talking to uhhh… Ms. Taeyeon.” You see your teacher sighs, before nodding, “Just get in your seat Jennie.” “Uhh… I don’t have a seat sir.” He sighs once again before looking around the classroom, “You’re gonna be working with Y/N anyway, just sit next to her.” Your eyes widen, cursing internally before putting your head down, hearing her slow footsteps, echoing in your mind before the chair slightly scratched against the floor before her body sat next to yours.

Your eyes glanced to hers, seeing her back to the stoic face, legs crossed along with arms, eyes staring straight at the board, “Everyone, today we’re gonna get started on your projects, you’ll only get this lesson and one lesson before the due date to work on it, the rest you will have to do in your own free time.” Hearing the word free time, the class groans making you chuckle lowly, Jennie not moving an inch.

“Yes I know, very annoying but that’s school for you.” A resounding groan was heard again making your teacher laugh, “Get started on work, I’ve already shared the criteria needed for the project and the topic. Check the google drive.” All of you pull out your laptops but Jennie, the girl instead checking her manicure.

Your jaw clenched unconsciously before you took a deep breath, “I’ll finish up the project but at least pretend like you’re doing some work.” Her head turns towards you and you don’t miss the surprised look in her eyes before it goes back to her usual stoic face, “Yea whatever…”

You can almost feel the stares of others, trying to keep your eyes on your laptop instead of letting them stray to the girl next to you. Opening up the google drive, you download everything you needed, quickly going over the criteria and what you were expected to add in.

Sticking your earphones in your laptop, you quickly set up a playlist before starting research, head slightly bopping to the song playing while typing up the information you found, organizing everything into sub topics to make it easier to write up the report.

You soon get lost in scrolling and reading, the bell finally ringing. You take out your earphones, saving the document you had made and slipping your laptop in your bag before zipping it up and heading to your usual table, dying to get away from a certain girl and to your friends instead and soon enough, the view of all of your friends gathered on one lunch bench meets your eyes.

A smile grows on your lips, all of them laughing together, all of their eyes turning to you once you come close, their smiles mirroring yours. Yeri lunges at you, attacking you in a bearhug. You let out a huff, stumbling back slightly before wrapping your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter