Talk with friend

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany and Jessica arrive at Tiffany’s shared dorm room, where Tiffany was going to have a talk with Taeyeon. When the couple opens the door, they see their entire group of friends there.

“Wow, I didn’t expect to see everyone here! Are we having some sort of a group meeting?” asks Tiffany, seeing her friends sitting at the desks, on the floor, and on the beds. The room was a little too small for nine girls.

“When I told them that I was going to have a talk with you, they decided to follow me here,” Taeyeon responds with a half grin as she picks up several candy wrappers from the floor. I’m not even going to ask who dropped these. No one’s going to admit to it, and would just end up blaming each other.

“I’m glad I came and took this opportunity to get a rare glimpse of you two!” Sooyoung opens a plastic container of sweetened rice crackers.

“Where were you girls during lunch?! We didn’t see you!” Sunny reaches for the crackers that Sooyoung was holding.

Yuri looks up from her phone. “Yeah, you girls are starting to skip having lunch with us now? What the hell!”

“We wanted some privacy from you guys, because we were getting tired of seeing you,” teases Tiffany.

“What do you mean? How can anyone get tired of my lovely face?” demands Sunny, dropping her candy wrapper onto Taeyeon’s bed.

“I saw that, Sunbyun! We have a garbage can!” reminds Taeyeon, frowning.

“Ok, geez! I didn’t know we were in boot camp.” Sunny picks the wrapper back up and puts it into the garbage can.

“Tiff and Jess unnies think they’re too good for us. They don’t have time for us anymore,” explains Yoona, frowning accusingly at the couple.

Seohyun couldn’t help laughing at their disgruntled statements.

“Come on guys, can’t you see that they’re in love?” Hyoyeon says, grinning. She takes a drink from her can of orange soda. She was quite pleased to see that Jessica and Tiffany were holding hands. I haven’t seen Jess look so happy in such a long time! Seo and I did such a great job of finding someone much better for her… though it was mostly my idea.

Taeyeon looks over at Tiffany. Speaking of love, there’s something that needs to be done. “Are you ready, Tiff?”

The brunette tries not to sound as unenthusiastic as she feels about having the talk. “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

Tiffany then gives Jessica a quick kiss on her lips. “I’ll be outside in the hall if you need me,” she says with a grin.

“Alright, don’t take too long,” Jessica replies, smiling. She then surveys Tiffany’s portion of the dorm room with great interest; it was her turn to see what her date’s dorm room looked like. I guess it wasn’t as messy as I thought it’d be.

Jessica immediately notices that the decorations had one common aspect. “You really like pink, don’t you?”

Sunny starts laughing. “Oh, there are many stories we can tell you about Fany’s lust for pink things!”

“If something is pink, she has to have it,” agrees Sooyoung.

Yoona, who had been reading something on her phone, smirks as she glances at Tiffany. “Like the presents incident?”

Tiffany puts her hands on her hips. “I can’t help it if it’s the prettiest color ever, and it happens to go well with everything!”

“What is the presents incident?” Jessica asks curiously as she observes the pictures on walls of Tiffany’s half of the room. The pictures consisted of flowers, puppies, and group photos. Of course, they were all in pink frames.

Taeyeon laughs as she recalls the event. “One day, I came home from Christmas shopping for my nieces and nephews. I was carrying an armload of presents, and a few of them happened to have pink wrapping paper on them.

Fany comes over to help me, and when she sees the pink presents, she asks if those were for her.”

Jessica starts giggling. “That’s so cute!”

Tiffany grins sheepishly as their friends laughed. “I thought they were mine, because Tae hadn’t gotten anything for me yet.”

“Awww, you’re so funny and adorable. You thought that pink presents are only for you,” Jessica teases, affectionately caressing Tiffany’s cheek.

Tiffany blushes while smiling brightly. “It’s my color, so they belong to me.”

“Alright, let’s go, Tiff,” urges Taeyeon. She wanted to talk to her friend before she started acting love-struck around Jessica.

 

---

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon stand outside in the hallway, facing each other.

“How are things going with Jess?” Taeyeon inquires as she shuts the door.

Tiffany smiles as she thinks about the time they’ve spent together. It was undeniable that she felt happy whenever they were together, and wants to be with Jessica all the time. “Our relationship is going so well. I definitely feel a spark between us.”

Taeyeon responds with a tight smile. It was time to ask the hard questions. I love seeing Fany so happy, but it would be devastating to see her get her heart broken if Jess leaves her. “I’m glad to hear that. But how much do you trust her right now?”

“I trust her a lot. We’ve shared so many personal things with each other,” Tiffany answers without hesitation. Then she realizes the implication of the question. “This is about Shin Hye, isn’t it?”

“Yes. And it was obvious to both of us that Jess still has feelings for her. It’s one thing to hear that from someone, but it’s another to actually see it for yourself.” Taeyeon recalls how distraught Jessica was, after meeting Shin Hye. That was not the reaction of someone who has moved on.

Tiffany purses her lips. She knows that Taeyeon was right. Jessica reacted strongly to the discussion she had with Shin Hye, and she definitely was not over her ex-girlfriend yet. However, the talk that the couple had reassured Tiffany that Jessica really wanted to get over Shin Hye. “I knew what I was getting myself into, and I have no regrets of making the decision to date her.”

“And what were you getting yourself into?”

“Getting into a relationship with someone who wasn’t over their ex.”

Taeyeon raises a brow. “But isn’t that what people should be avoiding?”

“Normally, yes. But this is different,” insists Tiffany.

“How?”

Tiffany bites her lower lip. Answering that q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter